"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

jmra
Posts in topic: 77

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by jmra »

ripnbst wrote:I just wanted to come in here and update, mine came like a day after I posted. My total wait time from when the last form was submitted until it arrived at my house was roughly 10 business days.
Great turn around time. DPS has its act together.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

TresHuevos
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TresHuevos »

Just thinking out loud, but does anyone else think that the dramatic change in DPS processing times has anything at all to do with the craptastic situation on the border?
"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic deeds." - C.S. Lewis
My State Rep Joe Moody is a liberal puke who won't even acknowledge my communications with him. How about yours?

TXWILDMAN73
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TXWILDMAN73 »

TresHuevos wrote:Just thinking out loud, but does anyone else think that the dramatic change in DPS processing times has anything at all to do with the craptastic situation on the border?

HMMMM....! From the time I submitted my last form (CHL-100), it was 4 days till I received the change address notification. I called this morning just to verify, and it is on it's way!

rlemmon

Post by rlemmon »

I waited 3 months and then one day I emailed and asked for an update. 7 days later I received an emailing saying my license had shipped. 5 days later I had it in hand. I think my application was just sitting in a pile somewhere and when I sent and email asking about it, it got someone's attention and they processed it.

CoolBreeze
Posts in topic: 10

Post by CoolBreeze »

rlemmon wrote:I waited 3 months and then one day I emailed and asked for an update. 7 days later I received an emailing saying my license had shipped. 5 days later I had it in hand. I think my application was just sitting in a pile somewhere and when I sent and email asking about it, it got someone's attention and they processed it.
Congrats and welcome to the forum!
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson
Never Shoot a Large Caliber Man with a Small Caliber Bullet
IANAL - Please do not assume anything in my posts is legal advice

JohnBoy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JohnBoy »

Application: 08/21
Class: 08/23 (submitted electronically 08/23)
Fingerprints: 08/25
Received Letter 09/10 on Criminal Mischief Found from 1981
Electronically Submitted 1981 Court Judgment paperwork 09/10
Status Change: 09/19 (Then went back to the original, "If you have a pending CHL Application" message).
Card in hand: 09/24 :smash:

I didn't realize that I needed to turn in paperwork from a 1981 misdemeanor police record, jeez, 33 years ago! Thought 10 year statute of limitations. :oops:
Last edited by JohnBoy on Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thomas Hagemeier

Post by Thomas Hagemeier »

JohnBoy wrote:Application: 08/21
Status Change 09/19 (Then went back to the original, "If you have a pending CHL Application" message).

I didn't realize that I needed to turn in paperwork from a 1981 misdemeanor police record, jeez, 33 years ago! Thought 10 year statute of limitations. :oops:

I actually thought that convictions past 5 years didn't affect eligibility of CHL applicants (except for family violence which I think permanently renders you ineligible).
Believer in God, happily married,
Love dogs, patriot, Lifetime NRA,
And Keyboard Rambo

asa

Post by asa »

Xikar wrote:
Status Change 09/19 (Then went back to the original, "If you have a pending CHL Application" message).

I actually thought that convictions past 5 years didn't affect eligibility of CHL applicants (except for family violence which I think permanently renders you ineligible).
You must disclose everything on the application.

" 18. Am I required to list all arrests on my application, even if the cases were dismissed or if I was found not guilty?
Yes. Applicants are required to report all arrests in order to ensure the background checks can be conducted timely. The application should include the year, the offense, the location and the final disposition. Copies of the dispositions will assist in the timely processing your application. Applicants should also include information on cases that resulted in probation or deferred adjudication. Failure to provide any requested documentation could result in the termination of an application.

4. I sent in my completed application packet, but received a letter from the Department asking for more information on an arrest from several years ago. How does this affect the processing time?
This letter requesting more information or documents extends the timeline for completing or issuing your license. DPS has an additional 180 days to complete the review process, if additional information is required from the application. To ensure your license is issued promptly, it is very important for you to provide the requested information for review."
8/24/2014 - CHL class
8/30/2014 - Applied online for CHL and submitted forms
9/4/2014 - Fingerprints
9/18/2014 - Plastic in Hand

JohnBoy

Post by JohnBoy »

[quote="JohnBoy"]Application: 08/21
Status Change: 09/19 (Then went back to the original, "If you have a pending CHL Application" message).

txglock21
Posts in topic: 3

Post by txglock21 »

JohnBoy wrote:
Congrats! Time for the Wally Walk. :rules:
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

chop249

Post by chop249 »

I see how to send a secure request for status but how are you finding the address change portion on a new issue so you can see if it is on the way? Just sent the supporting docs a couple hours ago but I may want to check in a few days. :) Is the 10 days pretty consistent right now?

flytoride
Posts in topic: 10

Post by flytoride »

chop249 wrote:I see how to send a secure request for status but how are you finding the address change portion on a new issue so you can see if it is on the way? Just sent the supporting docs a couple hours ago but I may want to check in a few days. :) Is the 10 days pretty consistent right now?

Go here: https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/chl/

click returning user and log in with your DL & DOB

chop249

Post by chop249 »

flytoride wrote:
chop249 wrote:I see how to send a secure request for status but how are you finding the address change portion on a new issue so you can see if it is on the way? Just sent the supporting docs a couple hours ago but I may want to check in a few days. :) Is the 10 days pretty consistent right now?

Go here: https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/chl/

click returning user and log in with your DL & DOB
Thank you! I didn't think about going there because I figured the CHL would have had to have been issued. :banghead:

joeldad

Post by joeldad »

Hello all.

This is my first post on this forum. I've been reading the amazingly short times that people have been receiving their CHLs within for the last couple months, and I am perplexed.

Here is my situation:

- TX DPS received all of my CHL materials on August 18th (I got the confirmation email from them, after submitting everything online)
- I am almost 60 days out now, and I haven't heard a peep from them with no CHL in hand.
- I am a former CHL holder with still as squeaky-clean a record as I could have. This is a new CHL. My old one lapsed.
- I have emailed them twice (with no response), and I called them a few weeks ago only to be told that there was still a "routine background check" to do that would put me past 60 days, most likely.
- My app status on the TX DPS website still has not changed.
- Ugh. :confused5

Does anyone have an idea what's going on? Thanks, and I look forward to the forum.

hotlash

Post by hotlash »

joeldad wrote:Hello all.

This is my first post on this forum. I've been reading the amazingly short times that people have been receiving their CHLs within for the last couple months, and I am perplexed.

Here is my situation:

- TX DPS received all of my CHL materials on August 18th (I got the confirmation email from them, after submitting everything online)
- I am almost 60 days out now, and I haven't heard a peep from them with no CHL in hand.
- I am a former CHL holder with still as squeaky-clean a record as I could have. This is a new CHL. My old one lapsed.
- I have emailed them twice (with no response), and I called them a few weeks ago only to be told that there was still a "routine background check" to do that would put me past 60 days, most likely.
- My app status on the TX DPS website still has not changed.
- Ugh. :confused5

Does anyone have an idea what's going on? Thanks, and I look forward to the forum.
Same for me. Not as long as yours yet, though.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”