"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Alcantarmedic10
Posts in topic: 5

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by Alcantarmedic10 »

Paid fee 01/05/2018
Fingerprints 01/12/2018
Class 01/13/2018
Ltc 100 submitted 01/13/2018
Documents received 1/17/2018
Is this standard time frame for conformation of DPS getting documens

:hurry: :lol: Just got the status check list on my application today. Got all green pending background and printing
Last edited by Alcantarmedic10 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

kbriggs
Posts in topic: 6

Post by kbriggs »

kbriggs wrote:I took and passed my LTC course 3 days ago on 1/9/2018, submitted a PDF of the form online that day, paid the fee, and made the fingerprint appointment at IdentoGo for the following day.
I'm finally seeing status updates on the texas.gov website, 9 days after starting the process. It shows my background check "under review" with green checks on everything above that. Kind of defeats the point of having a status page if you don't show it until 10 of the 12 checkpoints are cleared. On the upside, I've now memorized my drivers license number.

Cburr

Post by Cburr »

kbriggs wrote:
kbriggs wrote:I took and passed my LTC course 3 days ago on 1/9/2018, submitted a PDF of the form online that day, paid the fee, and made the fingerprint appointment at IdentoGo for the following day.
I'm finally seeing status updates on the texas.gov website, 9 days after starting the process. It shows my background check "under review" with green checks on everything above that. Kind of defeats the point of having a status page if you don't show it until 10 of the 12 checkpoints are cleared. On the upside, I've now memorized my drivers license number.

Lol me too

Cburr

Post by Cburr »

Cburr wrote:Did online app 12\22\17
Fingerprinting 12\27\17
Took LTC class 01\06\18 and uploaded class paperwork that day.
Received email stating they had received my upload on 01\09\18.
The Website status check does not show any of this.
How long does it normally take for the webpage to show anything?
I just get LICENSE APPLICATION STATUS: If you have a pending License to Carry a Handgun application, please allow sufficient time for processing. If you have not already done so, please submit all of the items listed on the checklist you received. DPS will notify you by mail if further information or additional documents are required. Once the application and documents have been received by Handgun Licensing and processing has begun, a more detailed status will appear on this page.

Today the website shows background check complete print pending!

kburton
Posts in topic: 10

Post by kburton »

Cburr wrote:
Fingerprinting 12\27\17
I just get LICENSE APPLICATION STATUS: If you have a pending License to Carry a Handgun application, please allow sufficient time for processing. If you have not already done so, please submit all of the items listed on the checklist you received. DPS will notify you by mail if further information or additional documents are required. Once the application and documents have been received by Handgun Licensing and processing has begun, a more detailed status will appear on this page.

That's crazy fast! I have been in "Background Check: Under Review" for over a month now... I swear something is lost, but everything is "just processing" according to DPS. I was also told by DPS on the phone, applicants that submit all documentation at the same time will go faster. Would have been nice to know...

Cburr

Post by Cburr »

Cburr wrote:
Fingerprinting 12\27\17

Now I wonder how long I will wait for printing and mailing. I'm super surprised the background went so fast.

CeaseTheOne

Post by CeaseTheOne »

dino9832 wrote:The email with the barcode should have the following on it:
Please upload all items from the checklist, if any, through the RSD secured website: https://www.dps.texas.gov/rsd/contact/ltcatt.aspx or mail to:

You need to upload the form they gave you from the class you took.
The form is called the "LTC-100". I scanned mine into a PDF file and attached that.
Finally a couple days ago I got the status green with all checkmatks except the Reviewing Prints and Background Check. I guessing by next week they should wrap it up.

Retiredteacher
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Retiredteacher »

Heads up for “born abroad to American citizens” to upload all birth records when you first apply. Got notified to submit those after a very long wait, then took another three weeks after I submitted them to even clear that. They won’t do background checks until all that is clear. Been in Texas since age 9 with squeaky clean record but because my USN dad was stationed out of the country when I was born, the process is difficult. When I called I was told I went to bottom of the pile after submitting (and the three weeks it took to accept the birth records) and the wait time starts over, and if I had submitted the birth records upfront, would not have had to go through this.

kbriggs

Post by kbriggs »

Even though it's a moot point now because of today's Senate vote, I'm wondering if a federal gov't shutdown would have delayed my LTC, specifically the background check portion?

dino9832

Post by dino9832 »

CeaseTheOne wrote: Finally a couple days ago I got the status green with all checkmatks except the Reviewing Prints and Background Check. I guessing by next week they should wrap it up.
Awesome! :thumbs2:
I have no idea why yours took so long. But, I'm glad to hear you're finally seeing progress!

kburton

Post by kburton »

CeaseTheOne wrote:
dino9832 wrote:The email with the barcode should have the following on it:
Please upload all items from the checklist, if any, through the RSD secured website: https://www.dps.texas.gov/rsd/contact/ltcatt.aspx or mail to:

You need to upload the form they gave you from the class you took.
The form is called the "LTC-100". I scanned mine into a PDF file and attached that.
Finally a couple days ago I got the status green with all checkmatks except the Reviewing Prints and Background Check. I guessing by next week they should wrap it up.
Good luck, my background check has been "under review" for 6 weeks now. Clean record; I have only had a speeding ticket at this point in my life. I have moved a few times in the past 10 years being in the military, but I can't see any of that making it take so long. Calling DPS is about as useful as an automated message too.

Slcikster3211

Post by Slcikster3211 »

Hey all, first post on this forum.

Class: dec 9
Application/Submitting paperwork electronically: Dec 11
Fingerprints: Dec 12
Status change "Print Pending": Jan 24

I got mag extensions and a custom kydex holster made and delivered in this time and am pumped to get them in my pants in public.
Congrats to all who had waited 100+ days to get theirs and not go insane enough to have it revoked :lol:

Txboi28

Post by Txboi28 »

Hey new to the forum just wanted to try and give some info on my experience
Fingerprints~12/22/17
Class 12/23/17
Documents received 12/27/17
All green print pending1/25/18
Also i had an old arrest from 2003 which was deferred adjudication for poss of controlled substance completed probation in 2005 wasn’t asked to send in extra documents only the norm and I’ve stayed in two different states... seems pretty fast for me

kburton

Post by kburton »

Slcikster3211 wrote:Hey all, first post on this forum.

Class: dec 9
Application/Submitting paperwork electronically: Dec 11
Fingerprints: Dec 12
Status change "Print Pending": Jan 24

I got mag extensions and a custom kydex holster made and delivered in this time and am pumped to get them in my pants in public.
Congrats to all who had waited 100+ days to get theirs and not go insane enough to have it revoked :lol:
Looks like we are on about the same timeline. Hopefully that means I go "print pending" or mailed soon any day now!

Interblog
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Interblog »

All of my required stuff was submitted on January 18, 2018. The application sat without obvious activity until today, January 26, when it began showing green checks on the first ten listed items, and background check in progress.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”