"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 40

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by Flightmare »

Gixxer2k4 wrote:And my LTC showed up today!

:thewave
Congrats! Welcome to the brotherhood of licensees. Stay safe!
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

RevDLo
Posts in topic: 6

Post by RevDLo »

bdr518 wrote:
RevDLo wrote: What does the status change look like?
You'll have another box to the bottom right that has options such as "change address", "report lost/stolen license", etc....

Hmmm. Its been like that for atleast 2 weeks for me.

Wmsnider
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Wmsnider »

RevDLo wrote:
Wmsnider wrote:4 of us took the class together and filled out paperwork within a day or two of each other.
3/4 statuses changed today, one being a veteran submitting veteran paperwork.
I think the 4th person did fingerprints a few days after us.

Online Application: 3/21/2016
CHL100 Class: 3/26/2016
Fingerprints: 3/29/2016
Online Submission: 3/29/2016
Confirmation: 3/30/2016
Status change: 5/18/2016
License: SOON!!
What does the status change look like?
attached images
Attachments
Before
Before
After
After

RevDLo

Post by RevDLo »

Wmsnider wrote:
RevDLo wrote:
Wmsnider wrote:4 of us took the class together and filled out paperwork within a day or two of each other.

attached images

So basically that means I'm getting it...When is the question?

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

RevDLo wrote:
Wmsnider wrote:
RevDLo wrote:

attached images

If you now see the option to change your address, my experience has been that means the license has been mailed. Should be just a couple days for you to see plastic.

RevDLo

Post by RevDLo »

Flightmare wrote:
RevDLo wrote:
Wmsnider wrote:
RevDLo wrote:

attached images

If you now see the option to change your address, my experience has been that means the license has been mailed. Should be just a couple days for you to see plastic.
Awesome, thanks for the info!!!

lgibs2
Posts in topic: 7

Post by lgibs2 »

Very frustrated now.

All in with confirmation: 2/8/16
Received notice from Medical Advisory Board:5/4/16
Returned paperwork from MAB: 5/6/16
Called to C/S: 5/18/16 - was told it could take them 7-8 weeks since it was returned by mail and the guy on the phone laughed and told me to be patient...I've been waiting since February, patience is gone at this point! 7-8 weeks to check the mail?! I work at a state facility and we would NEVER let the mail sit that long, no matter how big a backlog we have!

Woosaaaaa...How frustrating, all for being honest on my application!

easttexas936
Posts in topic: 8

Post by easttexas936 »

Our DPS date when the page changed on the site was the same. I hope mine arrives today like yours! I am actually excited to come home from work today and check the mail...or tomorrow worst case. :fire

dbmet
Posts in topic: 16

Post by dbmet »

You should call the medical advisory board number that was on the paperwork. My DR sent my paperwork last monday and it should have only taken 2 days to get there. I decided to call this Monday and they lady said let me check the computer. Nope nothing in the computer, let me look on the ladies desk that does these. I could literally hear her open opening envelopes one by one and she goes I think its here. I think it looks good but I don't really know since she does them. At that point I just gave up and said Thanks.. Haha..

d
lgibs2 wrote:Very frustrated now.

Called to C/S: 5/18/16 - was told it could take them 7-8 weeks since it was returned by mail and the guy on the phone laughed and told me to be patient...I've been waiting since February, patience is gone at this point! 7-8 weeks to check the mail?! I work at a state facility and we would NEVER let the mail sit that long, no matter how big a backlog we have!

JuMan254

Post by JuMan254 »

Finally got my email saying they received all my supporting documents... now the countdown begins :clapping:

Flightmare wrote:
JuMan254 wrote:I submitted all my paperwork and did my finger prints on May 12th but I havent even received a confirmation email. Should I wait a week or call them Monday?
After submitting my CHL-100 online on a Sunday evening, I didn't receive a confirmation until Thursday. I would give it at least a week or 2. If you do not hear anything back, call and place an inquiry to ensure they received all the information.

brooklyn
Posts in topic: 30

Post by brooklyn »

lgibs2 wrote:Very frustrated now.

I sent my medical info to the MAB a few days ahead of you. As I explained in a prior post, the three physicians meet every two weeks and review all received medical paperwork. I spoke with a supervisor at the RSD on Monday, two full weeks after they received my paperwork, and found out that the MAB approved my application and that it is going to take 7-10 business days for me to receive my plastic. So yours will be coming soon. It just depends on when the physicians meet as to when they review your application. The representative that you spoke to was a jerk. Probably a person with low self esteem that gets off on treating people rudely on the phone. He must have been mistreated as a child. Should we feel sorry for him? No way!

Jed C
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jed C »

All in 2/26/2016
Just received a call from RSD to advise me of approval. Sent to print and mailed in 7-10 business days. Long Waite! Had my doubts about the process. Ends of the wait is in sight.
Status changed... 05/20/2016
License in hand 05/23/2016
I'm out of here.
Last edited by Jed C on Mon May 23, 2016 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PhilBob
Posts in topic: 9

Post by PhilBob »

Since I am now at 65 calendar days, all in 3/14, and am seeing a number of people who were all-in in February and March already getting their plastic, I am a little concerned. I am in two categories getting additional scrutiny due to Obama executive orders. They are trying to exclude issuing licenses to social security recipients "if they lack the mental capacity to manage their own affairs" and veterans, citing PTSD issues. I do receive Social Security and am a Vietnam vet but manage my own finances and, fortunately, have never suffered from PTSD. I suspect that additional scrutiny may be adding to my waiting time and as one who isn't and shouldn't be disqualified for either reason I am getting frustrated as my NICS check when buying my gun prior to these additional criteria went through in just a couple of minutes.

Gixxer2k4

Post by Gixxer2k4 »

easttexas936 wrote:

Our DPS date when the page changed on the site was the same. I hope mine arrives today like yours! I am actually excited to come home from work today and check the mail...or tomorrow worst case. :fire
Any luck my man?

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

PhilBob wrote:Since I am now at 65 calendar days, all in 3/14, and am seeing a number of people who were all-in in February and March already getting their plastic, I am a little concerned. I am in two categories getting additional scrutiny due to Obama executive orders. They are trying to exclude issuing licenses to social security recipients "if they lack the mental capacity to manage their own affairs" and veterans, citing PTSD issues. I do receive Social Security and am a Vietnam vet but manage my own finances and, fortunately, have never suffered from PTSD. I suspect that additional scrutiny may be adding to my waiting time and as one who isn't and shouldn't be disqualified for either reason I am getting frustrated as my NICS check when buying my gun prior to these additional criteria went through in just a couple of minutes.
My buddy saw his after 90 days. I'm sure they are still working on the backlog from February, the 3rd busiest month in history for background checks. You should see your's before long. Just hang in there!

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”