"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Sontaku
Posts in topic: 23

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by Sontaku »

Algill1279 wrote:
Sontaku wrote:
Algill1279 wrote:
Sontaku wrote:its gonna come soon guys.... lets hope it all ships out the same day!!! :cheers2:
I am still Print Pending..... since you went in to all green two days before me, maybe I am good on Thursday?
I hope so, if you're like me, you'll be glad to stop checking several times a day. Now I'll be stalking my mailbox lol.
LOL, I know this is pure torture. I hope it comes this week!

guard5
Posts in topic: 10

Post by guard5 »

After 102 days since all info was submitted, I finally received an email back from them saying my application has been approved and your license is in the process of being mailed out. :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana
Although I am not all green on the site, maybe they just wanna take their time to update.

Thumms
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Thumms »

guard5 wrote:After 102 days since all info was submitted, I finally received an email back from them saying my application has been approved and your license is in the process of being mailed out. :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana
Although I am not all green on the site, maybe they just wanna take their time to update.

Awesome. I wrote them an email Friday asking why my prints are taking 5+ months to update and to please explain what else is holding things up since I was already cleared by the medical advisory board... Still waiting on a reply from them.

Did you write them on their website and got your update via email? Or did they just email you on their own?

All they told me two weeks ago via email that my application was "being processed, please be patient" .... Whatever the heck THAT means...

guard5

Post by guard5 »

i received the same its processing email back. and yesterday i sent them through rsd saying it had been over 90 days and i got the email response today

Thumms

Post by Thumms »

guard5 wrote:i received the same its processing email back. and yesterday i sent them through rsd saying it had been over 90 days and i got the email response today

It seems so random as to when or if they reply. Sometimes I get a reply the next day and sometimes 2 or 3 days. A couple of times I never heard back at all...

Oh well. They'll have to finish up eventually I guess.

sevon70
Posts in topic: 4

Post by sevon70 »

I had everything submitted by August 22nd and everything but fingerprints and background were green a week later. Its now past the 60 day mark and ive called twice only to be told its processing. If there was an issue with my background, would they not have emailed me or sent me a letter by this point either asking for more info or denying me? I had one arrest over 20 years ago that im pretty sure was dismissed (and in another state). Have had background checks cleared for work, and gun purchases since with no issues. Confused.

Thumms

Post by Thumms »

sevon70 wrote:I had everything submitted by August 22nd and everything but fingerprints and background were green a week later. Its now past the 60 day mark and ive called twice only to be told its processing. If there was an issue with my background, would they not have emailed me or sent me a letter by this point either asking for more info or denying me? I had one arrest over 20 years ago that im pretty sure was dismissed (and in another state). Have had background checks cleared for work, and gun purchases since with no issues. Confused.
I have a very similar background to you it seems. I know for a fact that both of my arrests were dropped without prejudice. I feel the same way you do. And I also have made successful purchases recently.

I'm just wondering if they did nothing on my background at all when they saw I did a self initiated in-treatment program 9 years ago, and so they burned up the allotted 90 days by sending my file to the medical advisory board. And now that I cleared THAT obstacle, maybe they're just now starting to look at my other background stuff like the arrests.

The only other anomaly I have that I can think of is that I'm making payments on ancient back child support. But everything I've read says that as long as I've had a payment plan and am making the payments, that isn't a problem.

I'll find out eventually. When I do, I'll post an update.

Best of luck to you and let us know if the website updates before your plastic arrives in the mail...

But for some reason when we call or write, they refuse to help us understand the process or what's going on with our cases.

Sontaku

Post by Sontaku »

sevon70 wrote:I had everything submitted by August 22nd and everything but fingerprints and background were green a week later. Its now past the 60 day mark and ive called twice only to be told its processing. If there was an issue with my background, would they not have emailed me or sent me a letter by this point either asking for more info or denying me? I had one arrest over 20 years ago that im pretty sure was dismissed (and in another state). Have had background checks cleared for work, and gun purchases since with no issues. Confused.
When you say "everything" went green a week after your application, are you saying you've been in "print pending" for over two months??

seaver
Posts in topic: 6

Post by seaver »

seaver wrote:New guy here!

Finger-prints and online app completed 10/15/16

LTC training class - 10/22/16

CHL-100 Uploaded - 10/22/16

Website status has not been updated.

Hopefully it doesn't take too long.
10/26/16 at 9:26 AM got the email saying all documents are in!

guard5

Post by guard5 »

I just kept after them, I sent through RSD in quotes the faq answer to how long should I wait for a license in quotes, 2 days later im print pending. Was all in july 17. Print pending yesterday.

rdt9910

Post by rdt9910 »

My Status went mailed this morning. Saturday will be the six week mark from submitting the application and supporting documents.

Thumms

Post by Thumms »

guard5 wrote:
I just kept after them, I sent through RSD in quotes the faq answer to how long should I wait for a license in quotes, 2 days later im print pending. Was all in july 17. Print pending yesterday.
I've done that a couple times already and I still just get a canned reply with no movement on the updates. Oh well... Someday soon I hope...

Sontaku

Post by Sontaku »

rdt9910 wrote:My Status went mailed this morning. Saturday will be the six week mark from submitting the application and supporting documents.
so yours took a total of one week for the status to change from Print Pending to Mailed.... I guess my status is going to change sometime on friday then.......... :cryin :banghead:

millertime75

Post by millertime75 »

Online app completed 10/3/16

Finger-prints completed 10/4/16

LTC training class - 7/30/16

CHL-100 Uploaded - 10/7/16

Website status has not been updated. Is there a timeline when the DPS should have updated that by since it has been nearly 3 weeks since everything was submitted?

rdt9910

Post by rdt9910 »

Sontaku wrote:
rdt9910 wrote:My Status went mailed this morning. Saturday will be the six week mark from submitting the application and supporting documents.
so yours took a total of one week for the status to change from Print Pending to Mailed.... I guess my status is going to change sometime on friday then.......... :cryin :banghead:
Yes, a week. I was counting on them being behind on updating the website and hoping it would be in the mail box. No luck.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”