"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

JewishCowboy
Posts in topic: 2

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by JewishCowboy »

Killadocg23 wrote:Well, I mailed in my stuff and DPS received it on 9/8
Called today said it was mailed out on 10/2. so expecting it this week.
So 16 business days from receiving application to mailing it out.
Not bad!
Hopefully you'll get it within the next 1-2 days if you live in an area of TX that isn't incredibly rural(And only gets mail 3 days a week).
I live in Houston, and if the past is any indicator, usually mail from Austin only takes 2 days unless there are logistic problems.
I'd say that if you live in Austin, Dallas, Houston, or their suburbs, you should expect to receive it in 1-3 days.

therealchosen23
Posts in topic: 1

Post by therealchosen23 »

JewishCowboy wrote:
Killadocg23 wrote:Well, I mailed in my stuff and DPS received it on 9/8
Called today said it was mailed out on 10/2. so expecting it this week.
So 16 business days from receiving application to mailing it out.
Not bad!
Hopefully you'll get it within the next 1-2 days if you live in an area of TX that isn't incredibly rural(And only gets mail 3 days a week).
I live in Houston, and if the past is any indicator, usually mail from Austin only takes 2 days unless there are logistic problems.

Well, I live in Corpus Christi, so hopefully it shouldn't take too long.

David
I'd say that if you live in Austin, Dallas, Houston, or their suburbs, you should expect to receive it in 1-3 days.

Killadocg23
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Killadocg23 »

Got my card today.
In total it took me exactly ONE month 9/4-10/4 from the day I went to the post office to mail the supplies off to picking it up from my mailbox.
DPS just took 16 business days from receiving it to mailing it out. Not bad! I sent everything in one time too so I'm sure that helped a lot!

Mistachao
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Mistachao »

Submitted all my documents on 9/25/17
Dps recieved them on 9/27/17
Background check under review starting 9/28/17

Been about two weeks and they’re still doing a background check. From what everybody else been sayin this should change to background check complete in a few days or at least I hope so :???:

GOA_Trill
Posts in topic: 3

Post by GOA_Trill »

New to this forum. Took my class on the September 9th, submitted my paperwork on the 11th, and did my prints on the 14th, but the DPS website hasn't shown me any kind of status update. The only thing displayed is "LICENSE APPLICATION STATUS: If you have a pending License to Carry a Handgun application, please allow sufficient time for processing. If you have not already done so, please submit all of the items listed on the checklist you received. DPS will notify you by mail if further information or additional documents are required. Once the application and documents have been received by Handgun Licensing and processing has begun, a more detailed status will appear on this page." I've e-mailed them twice and they haven't given me a straight answer. Is that normal? My father did his at the same time, except for the prints he did two days before and his came in the mail like two weeks ago.

Mistachao

Post by Mistachao »

GOA_Trill wrote:New to this forum. Took my class on the September 9th, submitted my paperwork on the 11th, and did my prints on the 14th, but the DPS website hasn't shown me any kind of status update. The only thing displayed is "LICENSE APPLICATION STATUS: If you have a pending License to Carry a Handgun application, please allow sufficient time for processing. If you have not already done so, please submit all of the items listed on the checklist you received. DPS will notify you by mail if further information or additional documents are required. Once the application and documents have been received by Handgun Licensing and processing has begun, a more detailed status will appear on this page." I've e-mailed them twice and they haven't given me a straight answer. Is that normal? My father did his at the same time, except for the prints he did two days before and his came in the mail like two weeks ago.
You should’ve recieved an email from RSD saying that they recieved all of your documents and that they have started processing your application. Then a few days to a week after recieving that email from RSD you should’ve had a status on the DPS website. I’d recommend calling them to find out for sure.

GOA_Trill

Post by GOA_Trill »

Mistachao wrote:
GOA_Trill wrote:New to this forum. Took my class on the September 9th, submitted my paperwork on the 11th, and did my prints on the 14th, but the DPS website hasn't shown me any kind of status update. The only thing displayed is "LICENSE APPLICATION STATUS: If you have a pending License to Carry a Handgun application, please allow sufficient time for processing. If you have not already done so, please submit all of the items listed on the checklist you received. DPS will notify you by mail if further information or additional documents are required. Once the application and documents have been received by Handgun Licensing and processing has begun, a more detailed status will appear on this page." I've e-mailed them twice and they haven't given me a straight answer. Is that normal? My father did his at the same time, except for the prints he did two days before and his came in the mail like two weeks ago.
You should’ve recieved an email from RSD saying that they recieved all of your documents and that they have started processing your application. Then a few days to a week after recieving that email from RSD you should’ve had a status on the DPS website. I’d recommend calling them to find out for sure.
I received an e-mail saying they had received documents and that was all. That was back in Sept. I called them right after I made the post here. I spoke to a rude woman, and she gave me the same response as the e-mails and said it takes up to 8 business weeks. I asked if she had an idea of why my status hasn't updated and she repeated the 8 weeks line. I'm slightly annoyed by this.

Mistachao

Post by Mistachao »

GOA_Trill wrote:
Mistachao wrote:
I received an e-mail saying they had received documents and that was all. That was back in Sept. I called them right after I made the post here. I spoke to a rude woman, and she gave me the same response as the e-mails and said it takes up to 8 business weeks. I asked if she had an idea of why my status hasn't updated and she repeated the 8 weeks line. I'm slightly annoyed by this.
I guess just keep calling them until they at least give you some kind of status. I called them a couple of days ago and the lady was at least able to tell me that my background check is still being reviewed.

MHlb7

Post by MHlb7 »

My ltc status was updated 4 days ago all I'm lacking is print pending everything else cleared does anybody know how long it will take to mail?
Whole process has been about three weeks getting a bit impatient. :totap:

GOA_Trill

Post by GOA_Trill »

MHlb7 wrote:My ltc status was updated 4 days ago all I'm lacking is print pending everything else cleared does anybody know how long it will take to mail?
Could be worse guy. I'm sitting at month without even an update haha

Vestal81

Post by Vestal81 »

My timeline:

9/30 - LTC class , online application done.
10/2 - LTC -100 uploaded
10/4- Electronic fingerprints taken
10/8 - Everything green but background and print pending .
10/13- Background is green . Print pending is still yellow.

Still playing the waiting game. Not in a rush , but it is wild how often I check the website.

Update 10/20 - mailed . :hurry:
Update 10/20 - plastic in hand same day.

Total process 20 days
Last edited by Vestal81 on Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

cyndiy76

Post by cyndiy76 »

Its so odd that it doesn't seem like they go in any order at all....based on time all documents were received.

I had my appliation and fingerprints submitted and received in early September
I submitted my Form 9/23, they updated website 9/27 that it was received and now I'm stuck on yellow for background.

I previously had a CHL years ago and let it expire. I was single so I've married, divorce and married since then :) http://www.texaschlforum.com/posting.ph ... =42&t=2398# however not sure why this is causing it to take so long. I"m at 15 business days of "Pending Review"

I usually check (1) When I get to work (2) After lunch (3) Before I go home

nimravus01

Post by nimravus01 »

Submitted renewal on October 2nd and received new LTC in the mail today. 16 days total. Not bad.

Vestal81

Post by Vestal81 »

MHlb7 wrote:My ltc status was updated 4 days ago all I'm lacking is print pending everything else cleared does anybody know how long it will take to mail?

Mine took 7 days from background complete to mailed

MHlb7

Post by MHlb7 »

Vestal81 wrote:

Mine took 7 days from background complete to mailed

Just checked it and it's been 7 days today it finally says mailed

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”