The Good Thing About Waiting

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
pfgrone
Posts in topic: 3

The Good Thing About Waiting

Post by pfgrone »

Day 74 or something.
The good thing about waiting is I have been able to give the economy a boost by buying and trying out several holsters and deciding what gun to carry. I personally wanted to pocket carry and needed to decide between my NAA Guardian .380, S&W 642 .38 snubbie, or Kahr P9 9mm. So that's several holsters. The snubbie printed less than any of the others in the pocket but I think the 9 mm is a better carry gun. However, I felt the outline of the Kahr was too visible through my slacks pockets and the slide end tended to hang up on the draw. Soooooo, I order the Smart Carry holster to try. What the heck, it's only money, right?

Been wearing the Smart Carry holster around the house with the Kahr and practicing a no-rush draw (yeah, the Kahr's unloaded). Found the holster thats right for me. Ok, DPS, I'm ready to go now. I'm waiting. . . and waiting . . . and waiting. Paul

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

First time one of you guys that carry in the Smart Carry get stopped I want to know if the officer wants to disarm you & then how he is going to do it. :lol:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Topic author
pfgrone

Post by pfgrone »

longtooth wrote:First time one of you guys that carry in the Smart Carry get stopped I want to know if the officer wants to disarm you & then how he is going to do it. :lol:
Or...how she is going to do it. :lol: Paul

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

The preacher should not have opened that can of worms so lets all remember the 10 yr old daughter rule now. ;-)
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 1

Post by anygunanywhere »

longtooth wrote:First time one of you guys that carry in the Smart Carry get stopped I want to know if the officer wants to disarm you & then how he is going to do it. :lol:
:smilelol5:

Stop it! You are making my side hurt!
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Diode
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Diode »

AH! come on guys it's simple. The officer simply pulls out their Duck Tape (the original name) wraps it around you a couple of time so you cant access your weapon.......

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Thank you Diode.

Topic author
pfgrone

Post by pfgrone »

longtooth wrote: lets all remember the 10 yr old daughter rule now.
That's a very good rule. Keeps the forum clean and pleasant. I thought about it after I posted the remark and shut down for the night. I apologize.
Paul
p.s. In case a forum newbie doesn't know the 10 yr old daughter rule, its basically "Don't post anything you wouldn't want your ten yr old daughter to see or read."

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”