Manufacturing for 12 days

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
huntermay85
Posts in topic: 4

Manufacturing for 12 days

Post by huntermay85 »

Hello all, (first post)

My CHL has been stuck in the "Manufacturing" stage for 12 full days now (2/10 - 2/21). I have noticed other forum members who have gone through manufacturing, mailed, and received their plastic in the same time period. Is this normal? Has anybody seen this before? If it has not changed to "mailed" by tomorrow I plan on calling them. Any info would be great.

Thanks,
Beretta PX4 Storm Compact 9mm
Bersa .380 Thunder

SavageMythology
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Manufacturing for 12 days

Post by SavageMythology »

Mine changed to "Manufacturing" on 2/17, was the same last night, and was changed to "Mailed" when I checked this morning around 8:05 am (2/22). I've noticed that all my status changes have usually taken place first thing in the morning (they must do a batch update or something), so I would check again this morning and then maybe call if you are still "Manufacturing." I hope it works out for you and that you don't just get a canned response!
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Whatthaduece
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Whatthaduece »

huntermay85 wrote:Hello all, (first post)

My CHL has been stuck in the "Manufacturing" stage for 12 full days now (2/10 - 2/21). I have noticed other forum members who have gone through manufacturing, mailed, and received their plastic in the same time period. Is this normal? Has anybody seen this before? If it has not changed to "mailed" by tomorrow I plan on calling them. Any info would be great.

Thanks,
Mine was as well. you can go through and look at my timeline. its an agonizing wait! :yawn :waiting: :cryin
CHL 2012

Topic author
huntermay85

Post by huntermay85 »

I contact DPS this morning and they said my CHL was issued today 2/22 and to expect plastic in 7 to 10 business days. My status still has not changed to "mailed" though.
Bersa .380 Thunder

Topic author
huntermay85

Post by huntermay85 »

Status changed to "Mailed" this morning. :lol:
Bersa .380 Thunder

SavageMythology
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SavageMythology »

Congrats! I hope the weekend wait isn't too terribly agonizing for you... :hurry: :woohoo
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

johnson0317
Posts in topic: 1

Post by johnson0317 »

Right. Nothing has a higher suckage factor than getting that mail on Saturday, and it is not in there. Then you know you have another two day wait. Even worse, when Monday is a federal holiday...or when your mail carrier's vehicle breaks down too late to get the mail into another one...or when your envelope gets delivered to the wrong address...or when it slips down between the seats of the carrier's vehicle...or when...

...OK, enough torture for now! Hope you get it by Saturday!

RJ
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA
Proud Member Texas Concealed Handgun Association
Proud Member Second Amendment Foundation
Proud Member of The Truth Squad founded by Tom Gresham. "A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth"

Topic author
huntermay85

Post by huntermay85 »

johnson0317 wrote:Right. Nothing has a higher suckage factor than getting that mail on Saturday, and it is not in there. Then you know you have another two day wait. Even worse, when Monday is a federal holiday...or when your mail carrier's vehicle breaks down too late to get the mail into another one...or when your envelope gets delivered to the wrong address...or when it slips down between the seats of the carrier's vehicle...or when...

...OK, enough torture for now! Hope you get it by Saturday!

RJ
Thanks RJ. I hope it's there as well. I'll be doing one of these. :anamatedbanana
Bersa .380 Thunder

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”