How long in Background Check Review?

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

How long did your application stay in Background Check Review?

<7 days
16%
7-14 days
17%
15-21 days
21%
22-28 days
21%
>28 days
26%

Total votes: 58

rickyrick
Posts in topic: 6

Re: How long in Background Check Review?

Post by rickyrick »

Woohoo, hope mine goes that quick, Friday will be two weeks in the background review.

BKRushing
Posts in topic: 5

Post by BKRushing »

BKRushing wrote:
Valor wrote:
BKRushing wrote:Man this wait is a beast! And I am known for being extremely patient. I took my CHL class 5/16, Fingerprints 5/17, mailed packet 5/18, went to Background Review 5/28 and have been sitting there ever since. I wonder if having lived out of state for two years is the big holdup. You would think having a state issued insurance agent license (which requires a background check) would speed things up a little. Was hoping to have this before I left for vacation on July 1st. Guess that is out the window now.

Such is life.
Probably just depends on who desk the application lands on. But at this point, looks like the license will be waiting for you when you return from vaca.
Looks like I might get plastic before my trip. Just went into Manufacturing Pending this morning. As my 2 year old would say, "It's nice".
Returned home to find plastic waiting for me (actually it arrived the day I left for Florida, 7/2). Let the Wally Walk begin!
Glovebox & EDC: Glock 26 9mm
Summer Carry: Ruger LCP .380

ayermedic
Posts in topic: 4

Post by ayermedic »

How long in background??? Well so far 24 long days... :waiting: Geez... Look away from the pot! Do not watch it... :nono: it will boil eventually! ;-)

SJC

Post by SJC »

Background Check since June 13. Almost a month now....I know a watch pot never boils but the anticipation is killing me. Don't know what could be the hold up. :banghead:
3/5/12 online application filed
6/2/12 CHL class
6/8/12 l-1 fingerprints
6/8/12 packet mailed certified
6/11/12 packet was singed for
6/13/12 First status- Back Ground Under Review
7/18/12 Back Ground Complete
7/18/12 Manufacture Pending
7/23/12 Mailed
???? Received

ayermedic

Post by ayermedic »

Geez.... I don't need a boil, just some indication of a simmering pot :grumble would be nice!!!

rickyrick

Post by rickyrick »

Looks like mine landed in background review at the peak of DPS vacation season, on Friday will be four weeks, the wait ain't so bad anymore. It's like I know the time I have left is shorter than the time that I've waited.

I wonder if they keep a tally on how many times you check the status.

rickyrick

Post by rickyrick »

I have noticed a correlation between how long before the packet was mailed that the fingerprints were done. This is based on the people that have posted a timeline. The ones that did the finger prints then had some time pass before mailing the packet got through background check fast.

I'm guessing the background starts when you do the prints

SJC

Post by SJC »

That may be the case. I did my figer print the day I mailed my package. I would just assume that with the prints being electronic it would help expedite the process. That is what I get for assuming.

I called the office the other day and after waiting for 10 minutes on hold I was told mine is taking awhile because I self reported an issue in my background. Nothing else had come up and it was waiting on a clerk to clear the background. I guess this is how I am paying for going to jail over a 49 cent bag of fritos when I was in college 20 years ago.... :lol:
6/2/12 CHL class
6/8/12 l-1 fingerprints
7/23/12 Mailed
???? Received

BritOnTour
Posts in topic: 3

Post by BritOnTour »

SJC wrote:That may be the case. I did my figer print the day I mailed my package. I would just assume that with the prints being electronic it would help expedite the process. That is what I get for assuming.

I called the office the other day and after waiting for 10 minutes on hold I was told mine is taking awhile because I self reported an issue in my background. Nothing else had come up and it was waiting on a clerk to clear the background. I guess this is how I am paying for going to jail over a 49 cent bag of fritos when I was in college 20 years ago.... :lol:

Maybe it was delayed because the singer had laryngitis?? :evil2:
SA XDm 45ACP 3.8" Compact
----
07-02-12: Plastic in hand!

ayermedic

Post by ayermedic »

I believe the pot may be simmering! I called today and was told that my stuff was being printed! :shock: There has been no indication of this online but the guy at DPS assured me it was in the printing phase! :thumbs2: Of course it would be nice to see online but I'll take what news I can get. Anyone know when the computer updates status change, :headscratch is as it happens, or daily? Would probably be nice to know. 4 weeks now in background check! Seems like an eternity.
5/31 online app.
6/2 class/photo
6/4 prints
6/4 mailed usps
6/14 first status change to under review
7/11 :???: Manufacturing??? maybe...

ayermedic

Post by ayermedic »

Manufacture pending! The pot I have been watching for a month....is finalluy boiling!

SJC

Post by SJC »

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Congrats....I'm stilll waiting.... lol
6/2/12 CHL class
6/8/12 l-1 fingerprints
7/23/12 Mailed
???? Received

Greekguydave
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Greekguydave »

I took my class on July 1st
Sent my packet July 3rd
DPS got it on July 11th
Manufacture pending July 14th

I'm stoked it's going so fast. Only 3 days for background check.

tvone
Posts in topic: 1

Post by tvone »

That's fast!

I've been in review for less than a week, but I think it should go fast. Clean record, and lived in the state for the last 25 years.

Not too many with my last name. My wife did hers at the same time, so we'll see who gets finished first! With then number of tickets she received over the last 5 years should put her on the DPS frequent flyer program.

I still can carry on my Utah permit for another 9 months, so it's not that big of a deal. Still want it fast tho.
Last edited by tvone on Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

xb12s
Posts in topic: 2

Post by xb12s »

Hi. I'm new to the forum. Well, I've been lurking for about a year actually, but just joined today.

I've been in Background Review for a little over a month now. I didn't keep track of exact dates. I have my return receipt from mailing the package off to DPS, so that probably has a date on it. I'll have to check it tonight.

Trying to be patient... I have about 5 different holsters for 3 different potential carry pieces. I've been practicing carrying at home for almost a year trying to find a setup I'm happy with. Found a couple of combinations that I like now, and I'm eager to to get out there!

Michael

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”