Please Help! Background going on 41 days!

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
nashservices
Posts in topic: 1

Please Help! Background going on 41 days!

Post by nashservices »

I am trying to see if there is anyone who has first hand experience dealing with the "fingerprints and background pending" for a long period of time. I have a prior arrest for DWI (class B) from 8 years ago that was dismissed. I knew that this would make my wait longer than normal but it has now been 63 days since DPS received my paperwork and 41 days in background review. I called them today and all they could tell me was "it will take the full 60 days since you have an arrest on your record." After i informed them it was past the 60 day timeframe she then states that it will be "about another month". I was under the understanding that they had to at least notify you of the status or request for more paperwork within the 60 day timeframe. When I asked her if this was the case the said "Do you want the realistic answer or the technical answer". She basically did nothing but give me the run around and not answer any of my questions. I asked if they needed me to send in any paperwork showing the disposition and she said it was not needed as of yet and sending it would only delay the process. Can anyone else give me some insight as to when I should expect my license? My time frame is as follows:

DPS Received Paperwork: 1/22/2013
Background/Fingerprints Under Review:2/13/2013

Thanks once again for your time.

Brad Mc

Re: Please Help! Background going on 41 days!

Post by Brad Mc »

I have an old case from 20 years ago. I sent the disposition with my packet. I have similar time frame. Mine says fingerprints and BG under review
Feb 1, 2013 DPS received packet
Feb 26, 2013 DPS finally updated to BG under review
April 3, 2013 Manufacturing pending, April 4, 2013 Manufacturing
April 9, 2013 Mailed ... April 11, received chl

packa45

Post by packa45 »

My wife spent almost 40 days under review before the actual prints were rejected. After 4 rejections it finally went through. Door to door my CHL was close to 60 days from receipt by DPS to my mailbox... My wife was closer to 5 1/2 -6 months
Chl class for me and wife=$225. Chl application fees =$280. Chl gear for 2=more $ the previous. Moving from sheep to sheepdog = priceless

bradyb2008

Post by bradyb2008 »

So my "Under Review" status only lasted about 15 days and I had two juvenile offenses (DUI: Dismissed, Class A Misdemeanor theft: Dismissed) that I had no idea I was required to submit court disposition documents (so I didn't) and my status for the last 24 hours has been "Manufacturing". Everything went through without a hiccup for me.

However, my girlfriend's application still doesn't show the reception of documents. There isn't even a checklist and we took the course, fingerprints, etc. on the same day.

Think she should contact the DPS or the place we took the course?

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”