January 2014

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

fosterelli
Posts in topic: 4

Re: January 2014

Post by fosterelli »

So...95 days from day of submission of all docs to license in hand. Finally...time for some Shiner to celebrate! :cheers2:

Megaman2
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Megaman2 »

jmra wrote:
Riley77 wrote:k so i mailed docs off jan 22 card in hand march 19th it took 55 days with 2 calls for status and docs sent by mail and online. my first status change from that annoying "awaiting materials" came at 42 days saying received and pending this and that, after that it was 13days and now i have it. After the status change it goes really fast! i just wanted to give what my wait time was hope this helps some of you guys. Im doing my Wally walk 2morrow :-)
Congrats
US mailed my app December 20th...everything but my fingerprints. Wasn't sure of the fingerprint process for mailed apps...and though I tried, couldn't get a phone answered or an email response in December so just mailed what I had. Was logged into the system January 7th...chalk that up to a bad time of year to send in.

Thanks to reading on this forum I called February 13. Woman said, we just sent a letter saying your prints are missing...book fingerprint appointment that day for February 19th, prints hit the state on the 21st. I received the letter saying they needed my prints on the 25th, so I saved a week there. Learned the 60 day clock doesn't start until everything has been submitted.

Today...4/15, got status change to "Pending Manufacture".

jmra
Posts in topic: 35

Post by jmra »

Megaman2 wrote:
jmra wrote:
Riley77 wrote:k so i mailed docs off jan 22 card in hand march 19th it took 55 days with 2 calls for status and docs sent by mail and online. my first status change from that annoying "awaiting materials" came at 42 days saying received and pending this and that, after that it was 13days and now i have it. After the status change it goes really fast! i just wanted to give what my wait time was hope this helps some of you guys. Im doing my Wally walk 2morrow :-)
Congrats
US mailed my app December 20th...everything but my fingerprints. Wasn't sure of the fingerprint process for mailed apps...and though I tried, couldn't get a phone answered or an email response in December so just mailed what I had. Was logged into the system January 7th...chalk that up to a bad time of year to send in.

Thanks to reading on this forum I called February 13. Woman said, we just sent a letter saying your prints are missing...book fingerprint appointment that day for February 19th, prints hit the state on the 21st. I received the letter saying they needed my prints on the 25th, so I saved a week there. Learned the 60 day clock doesn't start until everything has been submitted.

Today...4/15, got status change to "Pending Manufacture".
Congrats. Won't be long now.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Megaman2

Post by Megaman2 »

Today April 16
Application : Received
Fingerprints : Complete
Affidavits : Received
DL or ID : Valid
Citizenship : No documentation required
Passport photo holder : Received
Photo : Received
Proof of Classroom training : Received
Proof of Proficiency training : Received
Fee : Received
Background Check : Completed
Concealed Handgun License : Mailed

Bout time!
Had 2 friends apply in mid February who both received their license last week...anyone apply in January who's still waiting?

romeofox

Post by romeofox »

Welcome
Shoot lots!

OSCAR E
Posts in topic: 1

Post by OSCAR E »

galax83061 wrote:I sent my paperwork in twice and just got the generic email. I don't understand why I did not get a conformation email from them. Plus the web page has been down for the last 2 days :rules: :rules: :rules: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I never got an email, I had to call just to make sure they had all my paperwork, it took 49 days to get my license.

Good Luck

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”