February 2014 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

DavidMSelf
Posts in topic: 4

Re: February 2014 Applications

Post by DavidMSelf »

Stupid is as stupid does
Postby DavidMSelf » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:13 pm

:mad5 Well, as some of you know, I did take the class and did all that was required to apply for my CHL. It has been 2+ months and I do know that it can take longer than that but the waiting is really not my issue at this point in time. My issue is the fact that I have been watching the web site since I sent everything in and this morning, instead of seeing the usual " Still waiting on all the paper work, " message that has been there since I started this process, There was nothing. For what ever reason the only topic posted on the place you check your status was the question of wanting to start the process of getting your certificate to teach the CHL class. I was very puzzled by this so I decided to call. I had up-loaded all the paper work that was required the day I did my finger printing. I was told not to send the paper work in because sending it through email was much faster and more efficient. I was supposed to get a confirmation email to let me know they had indeed received all my paper work. That email never showed up. I then up-loaded a copy of all my paper work again since they did not get it the first time. After a few weeks of no response I then sent a third up-load through the site and still there was no change. I then called this morning at 8:30 am and I actually got a real live person on the phone. I asked if the site was down and I was told the site was fine. I then asked how is it that they had not received any of the three up-loads I had done up to this point. She informed me that I was still missing the paper showing I took and passed the class with all the information needed signed sealed and delivered so I could go on with getting my CHL. She said they had two of the three papers which did puzzle me a bit. You see I did not send just the one copy in one upload, I sent one PDF file containing all of the paper work that is required. I then tried to explain to her that if they got the others then they had to have received the one they claim they never received because it was not a separate file but one file with three things in it. She then told me to send them all again through the mail to insure that they would get them this time. They had to have had them all but I was tired of trying to explain this to a person that was obviously stalling because they had screwed up some where or they just did not want to do my CHL hoping I would give up and go away. So I then got my forth copy of all my material and proceeded to the post office where I then sent it express over night with a card that requires a signature and then once delivered I get a confirmation showing whom and when it was delivered. They will get it by 3:00 PM Tuesday July the 1 st, 2014. I then return home to find a new email for me stating that they had received my uploads and that it would take another 6 weeks to get the process started again. By this time I am livid because I had just spent almost $22.40 on the express over night signed for letter with the information in it. So now I have a written email proving they have all my information and by 3 tomorrow I will have a signed slip proving that all my information was sent through the mail as well. I can only hope that by sending it through the mail that this does not slow the process down even slower than it already is. I know there are people on this site that have waited much longer than I have for their licence than I have, but the fact I know they have lied to me and cost me money that I really did not have to spend has me very angry at this moment. The same woman that told me to mail it in is the same woman that sent the email saying they had my paper work. Patience I have but being lied to makes the patience I have become a lot shorter. What ever happened to people that would just tell the truth when they screwed up and just corrected the error and got everything back on track. That behavior I can forgive and at the least respect the person for telling the truth but to be a liar and tell so many lies that it catches up to you in one day is a very stupid thing and as I said in the beginning, stupid is as stupid does. Sorry for the temper tantrum but I had to vent to some one and my wife is sick of me talking about getting my CHL. I am :mad5 , :confused5,and still :waiting:
DavidMSelf

slr001
Posts in topic: 3

Post by slr001 »

DavidMSelf wrote:Stupid is as stupid does

:mad5 Well, as some of you know, I did take the class and did all that was required to apply for my CHL. It has been 2+ months and I do know that it can take longer than that but the waiting is really not my issue at this point in time. My issue is the fact that I have been watching the web site since I sent everything in and this morning, instead of seeing the usual " Still waiting on all the paper work, " message that has been there since I started this process, There was nothing. For what ever reason the only topic posted on the place you check your status was the question of wanting to start the process of getting your certificate to teach the CHL class. I was very puzzled by this so I decided to call. I had up-loaded all the paper work that was required the day I did my finger printing. I was told not to send the paper work in because sending it through email was much faster and more efficient. I was supposed to get a confirmation email to let me know they had indeed received all my paper work. That email never showed up. I then up-loaded a copy of all my paper work again since they did not get it the first time. After a few weeks of no response I then sent a third up-load through the site and still there was no change. I then called this morning at 8:30 am and I actually got a real live person on the phone. I asked if the site was down and I was told the site was fine. I then asked how is it that they had not received any of the three up-loads I had done up to this point. She informed me that I was still missing the paper showing I took and passed the class with all the information needed signed sealed and delivered so I could go on with getting my CHL. She said they had two of the three papers which did puzzle me a bit. You see I did not send just the one copy in one upload, I sent one PDF file containing all of the paper work that is required. I then tried to explain to her that if they got the others then they had to have received the one they claim they never received because it was not a separate file but one file with three things in it. She then told me to send them all again through the mail to insure that they would get them this time. They had to have had them all but I was tired of trying to explain this to a person that was obviously stalling because they had screwed up some where or they just did not want to do my CHL hoping I would give up and go away. So I then got my forth copy of all my material and proceeded to the post office where I then sent it express over night with a card that requires a signature and then once delivered I get a confirmation showing whom and when it was delivered. They will get it by 3:00 PM Tuesday July the 1 st, 2014. I then return home to find a new email for me stating that they had received my uploads and that it would take another 6 weeks to get the process started again. By this time I am livid because I had just spent almost $22.40 on the express over night signed for letter with the information in it. So now I have a written email proving they have all my information and by 3 tomorrow I will have a signed slip proving that all my information was sent through the mail as well. I can only hope that by sending it through the mail that this does not slow the process down even slower than it already is. I know there are people on this site that have waited much longer than I have for their licence than I have, but the fact I know they have lied to me and cost me money that I really did not have to spend has me very angry at this moment. The same woman that told me to mail it in is the same woman that sent the email saying they had my paper work. Patience I have but being lied to makes the patience I have become a lot shorter. What ever happened to people that would just tell the truth when they screwed up and just corrected the error and got everything back on track. That behavior I can forgive and at the least respect the person for telling the truth but to be a liar and tell so many lies that it catches up to you in one day is a very stupid thing and as I said in the beginning, stupid is as stupid does. Sorry for the temper tantrum but I had to vent to some one and my wife is sick of me talking about getting my CHL. I am :mad5 , :confused5,and still :waiting:
DavidMSelf

Sorry to hear that... The whole process and site is a mess. You were out and out lied to. Seems to be standard practice.

CoolBreeze
Posts in topic: 65

Post by CoolBreeze »

DavidMSelf wrote:Stupid is as stupid does

DavidMSelf

:mad5 :mad5 :mad5 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson
Never Shoot a Large Caliber Man with a Small Caliber Bullet
IANAL - Please do not assume anything in my posts is legal advice

FormerTSgt

Post by FormerTSgt »

CoolBreeze wrote:Not trying to rub anyone the wrong way but it is hard to believe there are still people waiting from February. I would be placing a call to my State Rep. They seem to have a way of untangling things when necessary. Just my 2 cents that aren't really worth that anymore....
Tried that. Sent email and post mail to my state rep and never got a reply.
Former TSgt USAF Security Forces
Iraq Vet

CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

FormerTSgt wrote:
CoolBreeze wrote:Not trying to rub anyone the wrong way but it is hard to believe there are still people waiting from February. I would be placing a call to my State Rep. They seem to have a way of untangling things when necessary. Just my 2 cents that aren't really worth that anymore....
Tried that. Sent email and post mail to my state rep and never got a reply.
I would send another email to them and let them know this is your second attempt (briefly explain what the situation is and the run around you are getting). Then I would try a Senator or another State Rep that may be more 2nd amendment friendly and contact them. The squeaky wheel gets the oil. My opinion anyway. BTW calling and asking to speak to a supervisor at the DPS office is a second option but seems less effective. It may not be a bad idea to try that first and include it in your email to your rep.
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson

FormerTSgt

143 days

Post by FormerTSgt »

After the 8th phone call they finally processed it. Took 143 days total.
Former TSgt USAF Security Forces
Iraq Vet

CoolBreeze

Re: 143 days

Post by CoolBreeze »

FormerTSgt wrote:After the 8th phone call they finally processed it. Took 143 days total.
Congrats! Welcome to the club!

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”