March 2014 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

jmra
Posts in topic: 57

Re: March 2014 Applications

Post by jmra »

duboseaw wrote:
jmra wrote:
duboseaw wrote:Day 92: Plastic in hand! :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana
Congrats, but 92 days is a little misleading. You didn't take your class until 2 weeks after you started your online application. Typically your timeline starts once all required items have been submitted which in your case would be around 78 days which is why I assume you are posting in the March applications thread instead of the February applications thread. Not being critical, just trying to keep apples to apples for other people trying to gage timeline trends.
I see what you mean, but it was in fact around three months or 91 days (I had a typo) according to daycalc.appspot.com/03/08/2014 (a handy little tool for anyone wanting to calculate their number of days, replace my date with yours), and I submitted all paperwork online after I got back from my CHL class on March 8th. I'm not sure why my application took a while, but for other applicants, my timeline is not representative of what you should expect. Sorry for the confusion, jmra.
My mistake - you were good. The Feb 22 date on a previous post threw me. :tiphat:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

SDVON
Posts in topic: 4

Post by SDVON »

63 days from mailbox to mailbox

jmra

Post by jmra »

SDVON wrote:63 days from mailbox to mailbox
Congrats.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Linebaugh
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Linebaugh »

88 days from mailbox to mailbox! CHL in hand. :hurry:

BSL-4

Post by BSL-4 »

Linebaugh wrote:88 days from mailbox to mailbox! CHL in hand. :hurry:
Congrats!

Topic author
owwo

Post by owwo »

OP chiming in here with an update. CHL received in the mail 6/19.

2 months 15 days (76 days) from mailbox to mailbox.

I remember having a CHL mid 2000's and the material that they used for the card seems different than what's being used now. it used to feel thicker, sturdier...now it feels thinner and cheaper??? maybe some of you veteran CHL holders can confirm.

asbandr
Posts in topic: 24

Post by asbandr »

I was surprised at how flimsy feeling it was. I figured it would feel like my drivers license. You better believe I baby it, can't have it deteriorating on me!
I'm a mom who demands action. Single action, double action, single/double action. I'm an equal action shooter.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are safe. - Luke 11:21

jmra

Post by jmra »

owwo wrote:OP chiming in here with an update. CHL received in the mail 6/19.

2 months 15 days (76 days) from mailbox to mailbox.

I remember having a CHL mid 2000's and the material that they used for the card seems different than what's being used now. it used to feel thicker, sturdier...now it feels thinner and cheaper??? maybe some of you veteran CHL holders can confirm.
Congrats. I renewed my CHL in aug of last year and it looks and feels just like my DL.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

ferguson
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ferguson »

...so this is odd. I just checked my status online and instead of the usual "online application submitted. waiting for additional documentation" message (I'm paraphrasing) I just get a page that says "what application would you like to complete" and the only thing I can select is the CHL instructor. It was these before as well but now all my CHL status info is gone. Does this mean I got completely processed before the website updated or does it mean something got messed up and they lost everything?
Don't let the wonder of seeing a pig fly be overshadowed by the inevitable disappointment over the brevity of its flight.

CoolBreeze
Posts in topic: 30

Post by CoolBreeze »

thug_ferguson wrote:...so this is odd. I just checked my status online and instead of the usual "online application submitted. waiting for additional documentation" message (I'm paraphrasing) I just get a page that says "what application would you like to complete" and the only thing I can select is the CHL instructor. It was these before as well but now all my CHL status info is gone. Does this mean I got completely processed before the website updated or does it mean something got messed up and they lost everything?
The status update is addressed in this link: http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=73373" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson
Never Shoot a Large Caliber Man with a Small Caliber Bullet
IANAL - Please do not assume anything in my posts is legal advice

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”