Does everyone go to Walmart on their first carry???

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

CoolBreeze
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Does everyone go to Walmart on their first carry???

Post by CoolBreeze »

Wodathunkit wrote:It's a 30.06 requirement. :biggrinjester:
Interesting...
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson
Never Shoot a Large Caliber Man with a Small Caliber Bullet
IANAL - Please do not assume anything in my posts is legal advice

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

My first carry as a CHL was to the middle of the street in front of my house. When my wife asked why I did that, I said "because I now can." At that time, it was the culmination of a 15 year battle to pass CHL.

Chas.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:My first carry as a CHL was to the middle of the street in front of my house. When my wife asked why I did that, I said "because I now can." At that time, it was the culmination of a 15 year battle to pass CHL.

Chas.
That has to be the best post this forum has ever seen! :thumbs2: ...and thank you!
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

txglock21

Post by txglock21 »

Pawpaw wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:My first carry as a CHL was to the middle of the street in front of my house. When my wife asked why I did that, I said "because I now can." At that time, it was the culmination of a 15 year battle to pass CHL.

Chas.
That has to be the best post this forum has ever seen! :thumbs2: ...and thank you!
:iagree: and add my thanks also! That to me is what freedom means, "because I can". :patriot:
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

ThunderCookie
Location: The Great State of Texas but definitely not in Garland.

Post by ThunderCookie »

Random thoughts and questions.

If you have to go #1 at Wal Mart, how do you keep your pants from falling to the ground but at the same time hiding your piece?

Can I use the butt of my gun to scratch off my lottery tickets at the check out counter of QuikTrip?

If a ball or cat is stuck up in a tree, can I shoot it down?

When my kid asked me to figure out the area of a circle I said it depends if you are using hollow points or not.

If you are married, you don't need a CHL course on how to de-escalate a tense situation, you practice it everyday.

If I get divorced in Texas does she get half my ammo?

Some people like cotton others silk, I love polymer.

nocents

Post by nocents »

Well, I did the Walmart Thang on my first official carry.....didn't want to break any rules whether written or unwritten. That was about a year ago and everytime I go in that store I feel blessed to be able to carry legal.

Sim597

Post by Sim597 »

I don't like or go to "Wally World" often at all, and only by this site even knew of this phenomena, though being the largest retailer in N. America, is not that big of a stretch right? I was determined it wasn't going to be for me, it just wasn't. First I have a terrible back, screwed leg with two failed operations when I broke my back a third time a few years ago, so I don't get out too often at all. I had my CHL for 5 days before I left the house, and my buddy and I were going shooting at local indoor range. Well, he needed ammo, I said "let's buy it there, I wanna get some of that new Sig Sauer ammo w/silver casings for my Kimber .45 Crimson Carry" well, he replied some mumble about price, and it is about $5 more for 50 rounds of .45 ammo then at WalMart, so I digressed and, to my shame, my first carry was at Wallies, dang it!

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

I didn't do Wally World until about 3 weeks after I received my CHL. I am not certain but I believe my first public carry was in Kroger. I do remember not being that nervous about the whole thing but I also firmly believed beforehand that people in general are not very observant. Nothing I've seen has proven me wrong so far.
Psalm 91:2

Cedar Park Dad
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

w5jck wrote:I got my CHL in the mail yesterday. I went to eat at a local IHOP, so that was my so-called Wally Walk. Earlier I had attended a CERT continuing education class at the local fire department's training facility. I left my Kahr CW9 in my car thinking the Fire Training Facility would be posted with 30.06, but it wasn't so I could have carried in there had I known. It is really not that big of a deal to me though as I'm 56 and could have gotten the CHL way back in 1996 had I felt the need. I never worry much about be unarmed in the vast majority of places I go. I mostly got the CHL for the rare occasion where I feel it is smart to carry. But I'm definitely not one of those guys who feels naked without a CCW.

YOU'RE BREAKING THE LAW!
If you look in the little read section 30.08 it states that "A certified handgun licensee, upon approval, must immediately visit the nearest Walmart, for not less than fifteen minutes."

Wally Walk. Its the law. :txflag:

TomsTXCHL

Post by TomsTXCHL »

Cedar Park Dad wrote:Wally Walk. Its the law. :txflag:
Hmmm, no I think you're wrong about this. The reason everyone Wally Walks for their first carry is that there's absolutely NO WAY anyone would notice you're carrying, given that only lumpy people work & shop there!

;-)

il Condottiero

Post by il Condottiero »

TomsTXCHL wrote:Hmmm, no I think you're wrong about this. The reason everyone Wally Walks for their first carry is that there's absolutely NO WAY anyone would notice you're carrying, given that only lumpy people work & shop there!
Take a look at People of Walmart and realize nobody will notice your concealed handguns in Walmart. It's like training wheels but eventually you should take off the training wheels.

CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

Technically I went to my brothers house (who also has a CHL). Together we went to Cabelas (I know, I know it doesn't really count) and then to Radio Shack.
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson

Busykngt

Post by Busykngt »

Interesting...I joined this forum while I'm waiting on Texas DPS to do their thing. And I didn't know about the "Walmart Walk" - kinda funny - but who am I to break tradition? (Hadn't really given it any thought up till now...). ;-)

CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

Busykngt wrote:Interesting...I joined this forum while I'm waiting on Texas DPS to do their thing. And I didn't know about the "Walmart Walk" - kinda funny - but who am I to break tradition? (Hadn't really given it any thought up till now...). ;-)
Welcome to the forum.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”