January Submission Status

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
tehpud
Posts in topic: 2

January Submission Status

Post by tehpud »

Just an update. I submitted back in January 3rd 2014. There was an issue with my application as they had a duplicate. This took a couple weeks to resolve, but wasn't discovered until February. Finally after all this time, my CHL has been mailed out to me and arrives this week. Issued on the 2nd of May.

berettaslim
Posts in topic: 1

Re: January Submission Status

Post by berettaslim »

Congrats. Could you elaborate on that duplicate issue. Did you send twice or was there another person with the same name?

Topic author
tehpud
Posts in topic: 2

Re: January Submission Status

Post by tehpud »

Sure! So what happened was I took my course and did everything in 2013. At the time, I did it with my family and didn't really care to proceed with the licensing. My instructor sent in the documentation for proof of proficiency in 2013.

I wised up and went ahead and did my application online, paid online, and went to get my fingerprints done. All of this was January 2014.

After waiting for 45 days with no update, I called into inquire. First representative I spoke with said nothing was wrong and all is fine with my application. Nothing came back to me or an update to my application online occurred 2 weeks after that first phone call. I called again and this next representative said she had a hard time finding my documentation. She then realized there was a duplicate. She said it had something to do with the 2013 submission from the instructor and my application in 2014. Doesn't really make sense because I never did the application. It took them 4 weeks to resolve and consolidate the applications into 1.

After that was done it went relatively quick from received documentation, to reviewing background information to mailed out. I will note that I had a great representative who kept me updated, needed me to resend my forms (did so via USPS).

Took much longer than I had hoped but my learned lesson from this is to always call in after the first 30 days and just check in on what's going on. They are extremely friendly and willing to help. Asking a couple questions can help you progress! If I didn't ask, then I feel like I would still be sitting here with a duplicate and no progress.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”