May 2014

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Mattcapital14
Posts in topic: 4

Re: May 2014

Post by Mattcapital14 »

All options to change address, report lost/stolen etc. are available when I sign in.

Pluto
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Pluto »

Got the call yesterday and was updated with the options this morning. I hope this means it's on it's way.

joppaknox
Posts in topic: 7

Post by joppaknox »

Pluto wrote:Got the call yesterday and was updated with the options this morning. I hope this means it's on it's way.
congrats!!

joppaknox

Post by joppaknox »

Mattcapital14 wrote:All options to change address, report lost/stolen etc. are available when I sign in.
congrats!!

joppaknox

Post by joppaknox »

joppaknox wrote:
joppaknox wrote:well finally got ahold of a helpful gentleman. I am now in background check. I should have it next week. He said they are severely backlogged. Wow, and people think more government is the answer :roll:
:hurry: :cool: Now I am getting the status change that means it is on its way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad to have had this place to rant a bit. Thanks
:woohoo :thewave
Plastic in hand!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hurry: :patriot: :thumbs2: :woohoo

jmra
Posts in topic: 42

Post by jmra »

joppaknox wrote:
joppaknox wrote:
joppaknox wrote:well finally got ahold of a helpful gentleman. I am now in background check. I should have it next week. He said they are severely backlogged. Wow, and people think more government is the answer :roll:
:hurry: :cool: Now I am getting the status change that means it is on its way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad to have had this place to rant a bit. Thanks
:woohoo :thewave
Plastic in hand!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hurry: :patriot: :thumbs2: :woohoo
Congrats
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

llucas
Posts in topic: 20

Post by llucas »

Pluto wrote:
llucas wrote:I decided to call chl this morning since it has been more than 60 days since my docs were mailed. After a 30 minute wait on the phone a very cordial man told me everything is complete except the FBI background check and that the background check can take up to 60 days. If the background check takes that long this could easily turn into a four month wait. Also, they do not know when online status check will again be functional.
:banghead:
Welcome to the club I've been in background check for 2 weeks and am told it can take up to 6 weeks...my girlfriend already got hers and it makes the wait so much worse
I just learned of another reason the background check can take so long. The FBI not only checks with every State Department of Justice, it also checks with every county in the United States -- about 3,200 counties. :shock:
4/23/14 -- applied online; 4/29/14 -- electronic fingerprints.
5/7/14 -- docs uploaded on chl site; 5/13/14 -- docs mailed.
9/5/14 -- plastic arrived in the mailbox

Pluto
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Pluto »

llucas wrote:
Pluto wrote:
llucas wrote:I decided to call chl this morning since it has been more than 60 days since my docs were mailed. After a 30 minute wait on the phone a very cordial man told me everything is complete except the FBI background check and that the background check can take up to 60 days. If the background check takes that long this could easily turn into a four month wait. Also, they do not know when online status check will again be functional.
:banghead:
Welcome to the club I've been in background check for 2 weeks and am told it can take up to 6 weeks...my girlfriend already got hers and it makes the wait so much worse
I just learned of another reason the background check can take so long. The FBI not only checks with every State Department of Justice, it also checks with every county in the United States -- about 3,200 counties. :shock:
I hope that yours moves along...mine is on it's way and I'm sure yours isn't too far behind it...I was in background check around 2 weeks

llucas
Posts in topic: 20

Post by llucas »

Thanks, Pluto. From your mouth to God's ear!
4/23/14 -- applied online; 4/29/14 -- electronic fingerprints.
5/7/14 -- docs uploaded on chl site; 5/13/14 -- docs mailed.
9/5/14 -- plastic arrived in the mailbox

Stick_Welder
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Stick_Welder »

Stick_Welder wrote:
Stick_Welder wrote:Completed class - 1/23/14
Online app - 1/23/14
Fingerprinted - 5/29/14
Sent CHL-100, and checklist via USPS- 5/29/14

Sitting at around 41 days so far and haven't received any conformation email or anything, I called last week to see if they had received my docs because I never got an email or update and they told me to wait until about 8/1/14 before I call again because "It's too early to know if we have them yet"

I just got an update, logged onto the CHL website and saw that I can change my mailing address, contact info, etc. Last time I checked was this past Friday or Saturday and that wasn't there. I'm sitting at day 48 right now, hopefully i'll have my card in hand this week or next week!
I haven't had time to update this but I got my plastic in hand on Friday! Took 50 days from mailbox to mailbox, I'm just happy that I didn't end up being one of the 90-120+ day cases...

jmra

Post by jmra »

Stick_Welder wrote:
Stick_Welder wrote:
Stick_Welder wrote:Completed class - 1/23/14
Online app - 1/23/14
Fingerprinted - 5/29/14
Sent CHL-100, and checklist via USPS- 5/29/14

Sitting at around 41 days so far and haven't received any conformation email or anything, I called last week to see if they had received my docs because I never got an email or update and they told me to wait until about 8/1/14 before I call again because "It's too early to know if we have them yet"

I just got an update, logged onto the CHL website and saw that I can change my mailing address, contact info, etc. Last time I checked was this past Friday or Saturday and that wasn't there. I'm sitting at day 48 right now, hopefully i'll have my card in hand this week or next week!
I haven't had time to update this but I got my plastic in hand on Friday! Took 50 days from mailbox to mailbox, I'm just happy that I didn't end up being one of the 90-120+ day cases...
Congrats
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

jeffdick
Posts in topic: 26

Post by jeffdick »

Pluto wrote:
jeffdick wrote:
Pluto wrote:Ok well another update....I received a phone call this morning from Austin saying that my license has been approved and I would receive it in approximately 10 days....I can't wait to get it in the mail...it appears I may have one foot out the door of this waiting room

lucky...i'm still waiting,,,
Not so lucky I'm at 68 days today and will have been 75-80 before I receive it I'm sure...when did you submit?

Submitted mine 5/19. Talked with DPS again on 7/18 and they said they didn't even start on mine till 7/8 and that's really when my 60 days started. WHat the WHat!
Submitted all documets - 5/19

jmra

Post by jmra »

jeffdick wrote:
Pluto wrote:
jeffdick wrote:
Pluto wrote:Ok well another update....I received a phone call this morning from Austin saying that my license has been approved and I would receive it in approximately 10 days....I can't wait to get it in the mail...it appears I may have one foot out the door of this waiting room

lucky...i'm still waiting,,,
Not so lucky I'm at 68 days today and will have been 75-80 before I receive it I'm sure...when did you submit?

Submitted mine 5/19. Talked with DPS again on 7/18 and they said they didn't even start on mine till 7/8 and that's really when my 60 days started. WHat the WHat!
Call your state rep.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

sly817
Posts in topic: 14

Post by sly817 »

I'm in the same boat. All my documents were delivered on 05/14/14 and they just said last Friday they just received them on 7/3/14. At least they are acknowledging they did receive them now.
04/24/14 - Application Submitted
04/28/14 - Finger Prints
05/10/14 - Class Completion
05/12/14 - Mailed Via USPS
05/14/14 - Delivered Via USPS
07/31/14 - Status Change Allowing Change of Address ad Report Lost or Stolen Card

jeffdick
Posts in topic: 26

Post by jeffdick »

sly817 wrote:I'm in the same boat. All my documents were delivered on 05/14/14 and they just said last Friday they just received them on 7/3/14. At least they are acknowledging they did receive them now.

Funny thing is, My wife and I submitted our docs on same day and she has had hers for about 2 weeks now.
Submitted all documets - 5/19

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”