Texas.gov online status check

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

TexasNativeDRJH
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Texas.gov online status check

Post by TexasNativeDRJH »

So I called DPS today and they told me they never received my email attatchments. Resubmitted them directly to someone so hopefully it won't be delayed too much. I'm at 60+ days from originally submitting them.

I texted my dad who took the chl class the same day as me telling him what happened, and he replied with a picture of his chl he received in the mail today. Salt on the wound...

Lesson learned? He snail mailed his forms and I goofed up the online submission. :banghead:

synsei
Posts in topic: 7

Post by synsei »

^^

Ouch. Hopefully they'll square you away quickly.
"A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."- John Stuart Mill

TexasNativeDRJH
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TexasNativeDRJH »

It's my fault, but I had no idea the "waiting for required materials" status before disappearing was true vs not being updated. I sent another email asking for a relative time frame so I'll see if they get back to me.

Hopefully the new site updates won't allow this to happen to anyone else, although I doubt I'm the first.

synsei
Posts in topic: 7

Post by synsei »

Hmm...Did you ever receive an email like this after submitting your app online? This was in my inbox a couple of days after my submission. If so, it makes me wonder if this was an inaccurate messaging.

"We have received CHL supporting documents attached to your recent email. Please allow up to six weeks for processing.

We will notify you by mail, if any further information or additional documents are required.

If you need further assistance, please submit your inquiries at our Contact Us web page."
"A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."- John Stuart Mill

CoolBreeze
Posts in topic: 20

Post by CoolBreeze »

TexasNativeDRJH wrote:It's my fault, but I had no idea the "waiting for required materials" status before disappearing was true vs not being updated. I sent another email asking for a relative time frame so I'll see if they get back to me.

Hopefully the new site updates won't allow this to happen to anyone else, although I doubt I'm the first.
FWIW It isn't your fault. Historically they have always stated that, until the auditor actually reviews your documents. The process was: You submit documents and get a standard email and status. Then whenever the auditor gets to it they update the status (no email just a status of where your documents stand) and if need be they ship a (snail mail) letter to you with any issues. If no issues you get a status update (again no email) periodically showing at what step it is at. Of course all this is changed now they have changed the website and it seems to still be being changed. I'm not sure anyone truly knows what is standard now.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson
Never Shoot a Large Caliber Man with a Small Caliber Bullet
IANAL - Please do not assume anything in my posts is legal advice

mr__brizzle
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mr__brizzle »

So uh I'm new but I made the time to make an account even though te security questions made me break out the old history books haha. But anyway. I FINALLY REVIEVED MY CHL. Whoop whoop.

I wanted to post what happened to me because I feel like it was a unique experience and everyone seems to be going through something sketchily different. I took my classes back in November and sat on the paperwork for a few months. (Stupid, as I quickly figured) but finally got around to getting my prints the last week of May. I couldn't find any clear answers about the passport photo, on whether I should send in a picture or if they use the DL photo the state has on record. . So I went ahead and paid to get a picture taken figuring better safe than sorry. I sent my packet certified (which the chl instructor made sound super official, but the lady at the post office was so chill. It was all just put into an envelope. Lol that blew my mind I thought it was going to be complicated) on June 20. Which was a fri. Certified to land in Austin that next Monday right after th weekend.

A full week went by and on the second Monday the tx dps website screen saying they were waiting on my packet and info etc disappeared. And the only thing that showed on the website was the option to apply for a chl instructor. Nothing else.

So this Monday (July 7) the screen changed again, only giving me options to change my adress. Change my info. Report a stolen or lost license etc. and today , June 11. I GOT THAT BAD BOY IN THE MAIL. Postmarked from Austin July 9.

I never got any screen saying what they had and what was ever processed. From mailbox to mailbox three weeks exactly (Fmailed on a Friday Recieved on a Friday.)

Pretty sweet. And btw. They used the DL PHOTO. So I think they tossed my glamour shots in the garbage, that or hopefully it was someone found me attractive enough to get on my application and now they are hanging on some strangers cubicle lol

Mr. Brizzle

CoolBreeze
Posts in topic: 20

Post by CoolBreeze »

mr__brizzle wrote:So uh I'm new but I made the time to make an account even though te security questions made me break out the old history books haha. But anyway. I FINALLY REVIEVED MY CHL. Whoop whoop.

I wanted to post what happened to me because I feel like it was a unique experience and everyone seems to be going through something sketchily different. I took my classes back in November and sat on the paperwork for a few months. (Stupid, as I quickly figured) but finally got around to getting my prints the last week of May. I couldn't find any clear answers about the passport photo, on whether I should send in a picture or if they use the DL photo the state has on record. . So I went ahead and paid to get a picture taken figuring better safe than sorry. I sent my packet certified (which the chl instructor made sound super official, but the lady at the post office was so chill. It was all just put into an envelope. Lol that blew my mind I thought it was going to be complicated) on June 20. Which was a fri. Certified to land in Austin that next Monday right after th weekend.

A full week went by and on the second Monday the tx dps website screen saying they were waiting on my packet and info etc disappeared. And the only thing that showed on the website was the option to apply for a chl instructor. Nothing else.

So this Monday (July 7) the screen changed again, only giving me options to change my adress. Change my info. Report a stolen or lost license etc. and today , June 11. I GOT THAT BAD BOY IN THE MAIL. Postmarked from Austin July 9.

I never got any screen saying what they had and what was ever processed. From mailbox to mailbox three weeks exactly (Fmailed on a Friday Recieved on a Friday.)

Pretty sweet. And btw. They used the DL PHOTO. So I think they tossed my glamour shots in the garbage, that or hopefully it was someone found me attractive enough to get on my application and now they are hanging on some strangers cubicle lol

Mr. Brizzle
Congrats and welcome to the forum!
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson
Never Shoot a Large Caliber Man with a Small Caliber Bullet
IANAL - Please do not assume anything in my posts is legal advice

jmra
Posts in topic: 8

Post by jmra »

koine2002 wrote:I've been waiting since May 19 for an update. I check once a week. I checked today and saw I had the options. I called to verify and sure enough, it was issued and mailed yesterday. :thewave
Congrats
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

llucas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by llucas »

The website for checking your status online now contains this message:

"This Texas.gov service is temporarily down for maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please check back soon."

So now you can't even check for the tell-tale addition for a change of address, etc. that indicates the process is complete all but the production of plastic and mailing. 60 days and still waiting. :banghead:
4/23/14 -- applied online; 4/29/14 -- electronic fingerprints.
5/7/14 -- docs uploaded on chl site; 5/13/14 -- docs mailed.
9/5/14 -- plastic arrived in the mailbox

Pluto

Post by Pluto »

llucas wrote:The website for checking your status online now contains this message:

"This Texas.gov service is temporarily down for maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please check back soon."

So now you can't even check for the tell-tale addition for a change of address, etc. that indicates the process is complete all but the production of plastic and mailing. 60 days and still waiting. :banghead:
Tell me about it my girlfriend just received her license just now and here I am still waiting even though we submitted the same exact time

llucas

Post by llucas »

The status check page is back online and the "maintenance" message no longer displayed. However, as before when it shut down for maintenance there is no status change displayed when you log on -- no generic message of any kind, only the link to apply to be a chl instructor. Perhaps the "change of address" clue will resume, perhaps not.
4/23/14 -- applied online; 4/29/14 -- electronic fingerprints.
5/7/14 -- docs uploaded on chl site; 5/13/14 -- docs mailed.
9/5/14 -- plastic arrived in the mailbox

Topic author
Seburiel
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Seburiel »

image.jpg
it has been working for me...

Frontline830Tx
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Frontline830Tx »

I just submitted all my stuff on 7.07 after completing my fingerprints and received a confirmation email shortly after. Now the the wait, i see what people are talking about logging into the web to check an update. Just a black, rather disturbing display. Kinda makes you feel like you've been left out and forgotten haha. Anyways all we can do is wait i guess. Anyone have any updates? :txflag:

Class: 7/03
Fingerprints: 7/07
Submit complete App: 7/07
Your genetics load the gun. Your lifestyle pulls the trigger.

jmra
Posts in topic: 8

Post by jmra »

Frontline830Tx wrote:I just submitted all my stuff on 7.07 after completing my fingerprints and received a confirmation email shortly after. Now the the wait, i see what people are talking about logging into the web to check an update. Just a black, rather disturbing display. Kinda makes you feel like you've been left out and forgotten haha. Anyways all we can do is wait i guess. Anyone have any updates? :txflag:

Class: 7/03
Fingerprints: 7/07
Submit complete App: 7/07
Welcome to the forum
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”