18 Days? - I thought it would be months...

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
austinCHL
Posts in topic: 3

18 Days? - I thought it would be months...

Post by austinCHL »

To my surprise my CHL license arrived in the mail today.

I took the class back in November.
Finally filed electronically June 27th.
Fingerprints done on Monday June 30th.
CHL License arrived today, Monday July 14th.

Are they completely caught up or was I just extremely lucky? I was expecting at least a 60-day wait.

-texasCHL

jmra
Posts in topic: 2

Re: 18 Days? - I thought it would be months...

Post by jmra »

austinCHL wrote:To my surprise my CHL license arrived in the mail today.

I took the class back in November.
Finally filed electronically June 27th.
Fingerprints done on Monday June 30th.
CHL License arrived today, Monday July 14th.

Are they completely caught up or was I just extremely lucky? I was expecting at least a 60-day wait.

-texasCHL
Congrats and welcome to the forum. Looks like the June apps are being processed very quickly.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

GlockDude26
Posts in topic: 1

Post by GlockDude26 »

lucky you are (in my best yoda voice) :thumbs2:
"Our houses are protected by the Good Lord and a gun, you might em both if you show up here not welcome son" Josh Thompson- Way out here (best song ever) "eventually all citizens will become criminals with enough legislation....."

EnigmaEvo8

Post by EnigmaEvo8 »

Congrats. Website just changed for me this morning. So hopefully not much longer.
Online Application 4/29/14 Fingerprints 5/5/14
CHL Class 5/31/14 Documents E-Mailed 5/31/14
Documents received confirmation 6/2/14
CHL in hand 7/17/14

joppaknox
Posts in topic: 4

Post by joppaknox »

if they are processing June apps so quick. What about those of us in May?? I still do not have mine and I sent it all in in early May!!!!!!!!!!
They are not processing them in any order that I can see!!!!

OK rant over.
Congrats to all who have theirs.
I just cannot understand the wait I have had.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :headscratch :headscratch :headscratch :headscratch :headscratch :headscratch :headscratch :headscratch :headscratch :headscratch :mad5 :mad5 :mad5 :mad5 :mad5 :mad5 :mad5 :mad5 :mad5

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

joppaknox wrote:if they are processing June apps so quick. What about those of us in May?? I still do not have mine and I sent it all in in early May!!!!!!!!!!

OK rant over.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :headscratch :headscratch :headscratch :headscratch :headscratch :headscratch :headscratch :headscratch :headscratch :headscratch :mad5 :mad5 :mad5 :mad5 :mad5 :mad5 :mad5 :mad5 :mad5

Did you do yours electronically or via mail?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

joppaknox

Post by joppaknox »

mojo84 wrote:
joppaknox wrote:if they are processing June apps so quick. What about those of us in May?? I still do not have mine and I sent it all in in early May!!!!!!!!!!

OK rant over.

Mail My husband has his. and when I called they said I was just going into background check. I should hear this week sometime. It is just so frustrating.

Topic author
austinCHL

Post by austinCHL »

mojo84 wrote:

OK rant over.

I filed electronically. I can't imagine I did anything differently than anyone else.
After I filed I immediately went to the "contact the DPS" page and submitted my CHL Class document. I wasn't sure if that's what I was supposed to do, they weren't very clear on how or when to submit it but I found that link on a messageboard somewhere (it may have been here) and used that.

Could it be a difference between criminal history vs no criminal history? I did something silly about 14 years ago and got arrested - in that section I made sure to put the Case # in the description section so they could go straight to my case (which was dismissed). Maybe the fact that I already "had a record" made it easier for them to verify my history...vs someone that has never had any issue with the law - they may have to sit and wait while every county goes through their records looking for something that does not exist?

-austinCHL

joppaknox

Post by joppaknox »

OK rant over.
:hurry: :thewave
Finally got the status change that says it is on its way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really hope that all from now on are under a month.
One of the things that may have held mine up was all the places I have lived. anyway feeling so much better.
:txflag:

jmra
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jmra »

joppaknox wrote:

OK rant over.
Finally got the status change that says it is on its way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One of the things that may have held mine up was all the places I have lived. anyway feeling so much better.
Congrats
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

joppaknox

Post by joppaknox »

joppaknox wrote:

OK rant over.
Plastic in hand 7/19/2014!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :anamatedbanana :fire :thewave

Topic author
austinCHL

Post by austinCHL »

joppaknox wrote:
joppaknox wrote:

OK rant over.
Plastic in hand 7/19/2014!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :anamatedbanana :fire :thewave
Congratulations! Glad to see you finally have it in hand!

-austinCHL

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”