Got my CHL--Do I have to go to WalMart?

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
tomdavis
Posts in topic: 1

Got my CHL--Do I have to go to WalMart?

Post by tomdavis »

Glad to get my CHL over the July 4th holiday. It was in the mail package delivered when we returned from vacation. Waited only five weeks. But, I really did not want to go to WalMart for the first carry so I went to Tractor Supply. Hope I can still be a member here.
...for as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom – for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself. Arbroath, 4/6/1320.

spongeworthy

Re: Got my CHL--Do I have to go to WalMart?

Post by spongeworthy »

I avoid Walmart at all costs. You're OK in my book. Welcome to the forum.

Kadelic

Post by Kadelic »

Welcome and congratulations on the fresh plastic! You're fine without doing the official "Wally-Walk" in my opinion. The whole idea is just to get out and about around a lot of people to knock the new off. Some people take to the experience more naturally than others. For me it was a pretty smooth transition into the new lifestyle. A little self conscious at first but after a couple years it's completely natural. I came into the experience owning my first firearm ever in my 40's. Folks with previous handgun handgun experience probably took to it a lot easier than I did. As long as you carry whenever you can (or will) and are in condition yellow at all times (if you can) you'll fit right in here. :txflag:
Honor Necessity

jmra

Post by jmra »

IMHO, the term Wally Walk has more to do with your first carry experience than it does an actual Walmart facility. Walmart was the most common place for most people because it was the closest/most convenient place with crowds (I pass several Walmarts before I get to Tractor Supply). Basically the same as using Coke as a generic term for sodas.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

I think the term "WallyWalk" should be replaced with :evil2: "TargetWalk" :evil2: I mean ????? :headscratch what the heck do I mean ????? "rlol"
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

gringo pistolero

Post by gringo pistolero »

tomdavis wrote:Glad to get my CHL over the July 4th holiday. It was in the mail package delivered when we returned from vacation. Waited only five weeks. But, I really did not want to go to WalMart for the first carry so I went to Tractor Supply. Hope I can still be a member here.
You don't have to do a Wally Walk to be a forum member but I think it's required if you want to get a CHL badge.
I sincerely apologize to anybody I offended by suggesting the Second Amendment also applies to The People who don't work for the government.

saltydog452

Post by saltydog452 »

Wal-Mart is an enteraining place to visit. If you were to have a Micro pistol taped to your forehead, kinda doubt that it'd be considered 'unusual' for a Open Carry wally walk.

salty

Rrash

Post by Rrash »

tomdavis wrote:...I really did not want to go to WalMart for the first carry so I went to Tractor Supply. Hope I can still be a member here.
Double secret probation!
Just kidding. Welcome.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”