DPS - Diligent, Proficient Service

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
GunTotinHippie
Posts in topic: 10

Re: DPS - Diligent, Proficient Service

Post by GunTotinHippie »

tacticool wrote:You wouldn't like them when they're angry.

Yeah, I don't need them hulk smashing my application...

Pluto
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Pluto »

Ok guys...I thought the time would have never come...I've enjoyed this waiting room, but on this day....this day the dps and regulatory Gods have answered my prayers...ladies and gentleman

MY CHL HAS ARRIVED!!! :thewave :cheers2: :anamatedbanana :clapping: :coolgleamA: :smash: :fire :txflag:

It has been a fun 74 day mailbox to mailbox wait (not really) and I hate to go, but I can't stay here. So here's to my last beer and shot of whiskey in the waiting room and here's a farewell to all of you fellow waiter minions that listened to all my rants and dealt with my impatience...I bid you good luck and may you receive yours soon too. I'll be around to answer anyone's questions since most just get their license and leave. Good luck and good bye, for now.

Topic author
GunTotinHippie

Post by GunTotinHippie »

[quote="Pluto"]
MY CHL HAS ARRIVED!!!

:cheers2: :anamatedbanana :txflag: :fire

interesting10
Posts in topic: 1

Post by interesting10 »

Congratulations everyone who received theirs today!!!!! :hurry:
Interesting10

jeffdick

Post by jeffdick »

Talked with my State Rep Office today and they said that they would call and they said, " A phone call from us and it will be shaken loose!" Said that the DPS has out sourced the chl process to a third party contractor and that they were not happy with the service they were receiving.
Submitted all documets - 5/19

Topic author
GunTotinHippie

Post by GunTotinHippie »

So, it's been about a week since I've seen this on Texas.gov website:

CHL APPLICATION STATUS: If you have a pending CHL application, please allow sufficient time for processing. If you have not already done so, please submit all of the items listed on the checklist you received. DPS will notify you by mail if further information or additional documents are required.

I never saw the green status list thing and never even got word that the DPS received my application. So naturally, today when I got a letter from the DPS in the mail, along with the slug plug I ordered for my G19, I thought they had denied my application, or needed more information/documentation/whatever.

So i took out a knife and carefully opened the envelope. Inside was a shiny little card that looked like my drivers' license with a few important differences. I'm happy to say that after a short 35 days box to box, THE DPS ACTUALLY PROVIDED A DILIGENT, PROFICIENT SERVICE, probably because they outsourced the work HAHA.!

So, to Wally World it is! Good luck fellow waiters, for me the hardest part of the very short wait was just not knowing if they had even received my application or if it was just sitting in the trash. I appreciate their quick turnaround but a confirmation of receipt would have been reassuring.

:anamatedbanana :cheers2: :patriot: :txflag: :fire :anamatedbanana :cheers2: :patriot: :fire :txflag:

Busykngt
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Busykngt »

GunTotinHippie wrote:Inside was a shiny little card that looked like my drivers' license with a few important differences. I'm happy to say that after a short 35 days box to box...
Great news for you! Congrats! :hurry:

...and hopefully good news for me too - since my time line was about a week behind yours. But I understand
that may or may not mean anything. :waiting: (here's to keeping my fingers crossed!) :roll:

Topic author
GunTotinHippie

Post by GunTotinHippie »

Hang in there sir busy knight, it seems like we June applications are speeding right along.

Busykngt

Post by Busykngt »

GunTotinHippie wrote:...seems like we June applications are speeding right along.
Hopefully, that's the case. :thumbs2:

Now you know, we DO expect a 'full report' on your first Wally Walk! :coolgleamA:
(whatcha packin'? pocket carry? or what brand holster, etc., etc.) details(!)
Did ya see any 300# women, wearing short shorts that are four sizes too small? :shock:
(Inquiring minds want to know...).

I didn't know anything about these WalMart adventures until I first read about it here. In fact,
I really hadn't even given it any thought one way or the other. But now I've pretty much decided
a "Wally walk" must be some kind of 'right of passage' and I will {eventually} do my part to uphold
this tradition.

Topic author
GunTotinHippie

Post by GunTotinHippie »

I will be sure to give a full detailed report of my first wally walk. I actually read about that fine tradition on this forum as well. It's pretty hilarious. I wanted to make a video but not sure if I want to be that easily identifiable as a holder.

mulfjohn

Post by mulfjohn »

Hello all. Haven't posted anything here before but have posted elsewhere. Just got acall from DPS telling me my application is processed and will have that little piece of plastic in 5-10 days. Started this journey on 7/2/14. So its been 34 days
which is not that bad. So for those still waiting, DPS has gotten a little quicker with their turnaround time. Can't wait for my first wally walk.

:hurry: :patriot: :woohoo :anamatedbanana :thewave :txflag:

Busykngt

Post by Busykngt »

Gettin' close now.... :bigear:

I checked the DPS website yesterday (Aug 5th) and noticed for the first time, they had that 'address change, lost,
stolen card' notification thing after my logon screen. I've read where that's supposed to mean that your license has
been mail. :yawn [hope that's the case]

Busykngt

Post by Busykngt »

Received my "plastic" in today's mail (8th Aug). :txflag:
:chldancing

CoolBreeze
Posts in topic: 2

Post by CoolBreeze »

Busykngt wrote:Received my "plastic" in today's mail (8th Aug). :txflag:
:chldancing
Congrats!
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson
Never Shoot a Large Caliber Man with a Small Caliber Bullet
IANAL - Please do not assume anything in my posts is legal advice

Busykngt

Post by Busykngt »

CoolBreeze wrote:Congrats!
Thanks CoolBreeze... guess it's time to go do my "Wally Walk" now (even though I don't
own an Hawaiian shirt!).

No(!) wait... THAT can be my excuse for going to Wally World... :rolll
Hawaiian Camo.... gotta luv it:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”