Texas.gov Fee

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
moose67
Posts in topic: 2

Texas.gov Fee

Post by moose67 »

My future daughter in law started her online application. When it got to the point where she had to pay there was the $140 charge but there was also a $142 texas.gov fee. Does anyone know what that is and how to get it off?

jmra
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Texas.gov Fee

Post by jmra »

moose67 wrote:My future daughter in law started her online application. When it got to the point where she had to pay there was the $140 charge but there was also a $142 texas.gov fee. Does anyone know what that is and how to get it off?
It is a total of $142.00. There is a $2 fee for paying online.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Jim Beaux

Post by Jim Beaux »

moose67 wrote:My future daughter in law started her online application. When it got to the point where she had to pay there was the $140 charge but there was also a $142 texas.gov fee. Does anyone know what that is and how to get it off?
The $2.00 is probably what the credit card company charges. The state merely passes it on. I had to pay it when I used a credit card to renew my license plate last month.
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

Pluto

Post by Pluto »

Sounds right..I paid $142.00 plus $10.xx for fingerprints when I made an appointment after applying

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

It's just a total of $142; $140 for the applicaiton and a $2 fee for online processing and credit card.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
moose67
Posts in topic: 2

Post by moose67 »

Thanks. The way it looked it was two seperate charges. She didn't enter her credit card info cause she was afraid it would charge the $282.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”