Short Wait!!

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
RiceKrispie
Posts in topic: 2

Short Wait!!

Post by RiceKrispie »

All documents submitted August 21st. Plastic in hand September 4th! :woohoo :txflag:
I hope everyone else can have such a quick processing time. Good luck.

LOL
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Short Wait!!

Post by LOL »

Congrats....another good guy on even ground on the street.

Did you check status online, and if so, how long from when you saw the ability to make changes on the website until you had plastic in hand?

jmra
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jmra »

RiceKrispie wrote:All documents submitted August 21st. Plastic in hand September 4th! :woohoo :txflag:
I hope everyone else can have such a quick processing time. Good luck.
Congrats
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Topic author
RiceKrispie

Post by RiceKrispie »

LOL wrote:Congrats....another good guy on even ground on the street.

Did you check status online, and if so, how long from when you saw the ability to make changes on the website until you had plastic in hand?
About a week later I checked the status. I got the options to change address, report stolen license etc. A few days later I got it in the mail

deep_eddy

Post by deep_eddy »

I can contest to this. I applied August 26th and received plastic in hand September 6th!

jmra

Post by jmra »

deep_eddy wrote:I can contest to this. I applied August 26th and received plastic in hand September 6th!
Congrats and welcome to the forum.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

cfinch

Post by cfinch »

Makes me hopeful. Submitted forms Friday, fingerprints happening this Monday ! :biggrinjester:

Thomas Hagemeier

Post by Thomas Hagemeier »

I'm wondering, all other things being equal, why there is such a disparity in wait times for people applying in the same time windows. Some get their licences in 10-14 days, others 30 days and still waiting?
Believer in God, happily married,
Love dogs, patriot, Lifetime NRA,
And Keyboard Rambo

Kennyg

Post by Kennyg »

Did u have your app filled out long before your class I did on line app I'm Mac and sending it all out today hoping for a quick turnaround

jmra

Post by jmra »

Kennyg wrote:Did u have your app filled out long before your class I did on line app I'm Mac and sending it all out today hoping for a quick turnaround
Welcome to the forum.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

asa

Post by asa »

Xikar wrote:I'm wondering, all other things being equal, why there is such a disparity in wait times for people applying in the same time windows. Some get their licences in 10-14 days, others 30 days and still waiting?
I'm curious if it has anything to do with criminal history or extra forms. But it would be hard to really study, because I'm not sure everyone would want to disclose what they put on their application.

I have no idea if this is correct or not, but I wonder if having anything but NO marked on those 3 questions (criminal history, drug dependency, mental health - I think) automatically adds in an extra step or something. I say this because my husband and I did everything at the same time - in fact, I always did his first in each session. I got my change of status 4-5 days before he did. On criminal history for him, we had to put down an MIP from almost 20 years ago. We knew it was nothing that would keep him from getting his CHL, but perhaps because there was anything in that section it had to go through an extra step where maybe mine did not.

So, no evidence to support anything, but I do wonder if any deviation lengthens the process. (And I would include stuff like military discharge, etc.)
8/24/2014 - CHL class
8/30/2014 - Applied online for CHL and submitted forms
9/4/2014 - Fingerprints
9/18/2014 - Plastic in Hand

Thomas Hagemeier

Post by Thomas Hagemeier »

Yea my online app was done before my class. I had my fingerprints some 3 days before the class (Sept 13). It's now Sept 22 and the DPS online site says I haven't had anything processed yet.
Believer in God, happily married,
Love dogs, patriot, Lifetime NRA,
And Keyboard Rambo

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”