Can supplemental docs be uploaded with application?

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
orionsgunbelt
Posts in topic: 2

Can supplemental docs be uploaded with application?

Post by orionsgunbelt »

Hello all, new guy here. Ive been lurking for a few weeks as I have finally (I've been planning to do this for years!) begun the process of obtaining my CHL.

My concern is this: I cant remember if I submitted my CHL-100 form during the online application process. I got my fingerprinting done several days later and uploaded that document, but I cant for the life of me remember if I already submitted the CHL-100. One of the emails I received from DPS states that one should NOT submit documents a second time. I called the CHL folks at DPS and asked if they could confirm that they received all required documents. She said they could not do that, because it takes them two weeks just to associate an uploaded document with a particular application, and if I re-submitted a document it would likely make the process take longer. She suggested I wait two weeks and call back just to find out if I submitted the CHL-100. If I didn't, well I guess the clock resets from there.

Does anyone remember if there was an opportunity during the online application to upload documents? I'm thinking that if the opportunity to upload the doc was there, I would have done it. Guess I should have paid more attention!!

Any help is appreciated.

OSCAR E
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Can supplemental docs be uploaded with application?

Post by OSCAR E »

orionsgunbelt wrote:Hello all, new guy here. Ive been lurking for a few weeks as I have finally (I've been planning to do this for years!) begun the process of obtaining my CHL.

My concern is this: I cant remember if I submitted my CHL-100 form during the online application process. I got my fingerprinting done several days later and uploaded that document, but I cant for the life of me remember if I already submitted the CHL-100. One of the emails I received from DPS states that one should NOT submit documents a second time. I called the CHL folks at DPS and asked if they could confirm that they received all required documents. She said they could not do that, because it takes them two weeks just to associate an uploaded document with a particular application, and if I re-submitted a document it would likely make the process take longer. She suggested I wait two weeks and call back just to find out if I submitted the CHL-100. If I didn't, well I guess the clock resets from there.

Does anyone remember if there was an opportunity during the online application to upload documents? I'm thinking that if the opportunity to upload the doc was there, I would have done it. Guess I should have paid more attention!!

Any help is appreciated.
I believe after submitting your application there is a link when you get the barcode receipt to upload your documents.

when did you submit your application? they should be able to see all of your documents with fingerprints too, here is the link to submit the paperwork do you remember doing this? http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/contact/chl.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; pick from the drop down menu submit CHL supporting documents.

call 512-424-7293 but call between 6:00pm and 6:30 pm that way the guy representative answers and he can give you more info, most of the girls don't give you any information.

Good Luck

Topic author
orionsgunbelt
Posts in topic: 2

Post by orionsgunbelt »

Thanks Oscar. I did receive that link and is what I used to submit my fingerprints days later. I just cant remember if there was a place to upload docs during the online application submission process. I went ahead and just used that link again to upload my CHL100 form. If it slows down the process for some reason because they already had it, oh well. I'll probably wait a week and call during the time slot you suggested to confirm they've received everything. The gal I spoke with sounded like, well, like she works for DPS. Sounded like she was one question away from quitting her job :???:

Tazman
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Tazman »

Yep, I uploaded my CHL-100 and other documents when I submitted my application online.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”