11 months between application and fingerprints; problem?

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Longstreet
Posts in topic: 2

11 months between application and fingerprints; problem?

Post by Longstreet »

Howdy all. I've been reading the forum for a bit and it's been very informative, but haven't seen anything like my question.

I submitted my application on line in mid-May of last year. Financial problems ensued and the CHL process had to be put on hold. Finally got around to finishing, class and qualification on Saturday and fingerprints submitted yesterday.

I thought the application was only good for 6 months so I tried to reapply, but when I entered my info I got the "If you've already submitted your application please wait for processing" message. I asked the instructor and he said the application is good for a year so if I hurried I could get it done in time. So now if I try to log in and check on status I get the same "please wait" message.

I assume that since I don't have the option to apply that means the application is still active. I've never gotten anything in the mail to confirm so I'm kinda curious. Is the long period between starting and finishing the process going to be a problem?

newtexan13

Re: 11 months between application and fingerprints; problem?

Post by newtexan13 »

My guess is that your app is still good. . Just make sure to call dps and make sure they received your documents cuz May is right around the corner. . did you send your documents electronically or snail mail?

Topic author
Longstreet

Post by Longstreet »

Application and fingerprints sent electronically. CHL-100 sent via mail, AFAIK that's the only way to send it.

EDIT: NM, I found a way to submit it electronically. Did both just to be sure.

newtexan13

Post by newtexan13 »

Now give them a call to make sure they received everything.. IMO best time to call is between 7 am and 930am.. but make sure you talk to someone there asap

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”