It's Here! The wait is over!!

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
KaiJawn
Posts in topic: 20

It's Here! The wait is over!!

Post by KaiJawn »

I figured I'd make an account and join once I get all things submitted. Will update timeline when things happen, but at its current here it is.

Took CHL class on, August 29, 2015
Completed App on, Sept 2, 2015
Mailed CHL 100 on, Sept 8, 2015
Finger prints done on, Sept 17, 2015
Called DPS said my application was approved and card is being printed on, October 1st, 2015
Website Changed October 7, 2015
Plastic received October 8, 2015

Now that the fate of my CHL is in the hands of DPS, I tend to over think things whilst waiting. My question is ( may be silly), but if you are able to walk in, buy a gun with no issues. It's it a good sign that you will be approved for a CHL. Never once been in trouble with the law but like said I tend to over think.
Last edited by KaiJawn on Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Tx gunner
Posts in topic: 1

Re: The wait starts!

Post by Tx gunner »

If you can buy a gun and never had any issues with the law you should be good.. Give it 3 weeks and you should have plastic in hand

Topic author
KaiJawn

Post by KaiJawn »

Tx gunner wrote:If you can buy a gun and never had any issues with the law you should be good.. Give it 3 weeks and you should have plastic in hand
Thank you for the reply. I'm hoping you're right with the 3 weeks. Seems to be the case for people as of late. I mailed in my CHL-100, but also last night emailed my CHL-100. Hopefully it speeds it up a bit.

sweetmelissa
Posts in topic: 4

Post by sweetmelissa »

KaiJawn wrote:if you are able to walk in, buy a gun with no issues. It's it a good sign that you will be approved for a CHL. Never once been in trouble with the law but like said I tend to over think.
:iagree:

I figured the same thing. When I bought my gun, there were several people standing around waiting for their 'approval', I filled out my paperwork and was checking out before any of them. That's GOT to be a good sign, RIGHT?

Topic author
KaiJawn

Post by KaiJawn »

sweetmelissa wrote:
KaiJawn wrote:if you are able to walk in, buy a gun with no issues. It's it a good sign that you will be approved for a CHL. Never once been in trouble with the law but like said I tend to over think.
:iagree:

I figured the same thing. When I bought my gun, there were several people standing around waiting for their 'approval', I filled out my paperwork and was checking out before any of them. That's GOT to be a good sign, RIGHT?
It has to be lol. I've never had an issue.

Topic author
KaiJawn

Post by KaiJawn »

**UPDATE** kinda. Called the number, they said my mailed document has been acknowledged on the 19th of sept. and should be "attached" to my packet "soon". Once it's attached to my packet, it will then be background checked.

taran1900
Posts in topic: 3

Post by taran1900 »

KaiJawn wrote:**UPDATE** kinda. Called the number, they said my mailed document has been acknowledged on the 19th of sept. and should be "attached" to my packet "soon". Once it's attached to my packet, it will then be background checked.
You can expect it to take round about three weeks from yesterday, the first business day since the document acknowledgement for the license to be issued. I submitted my documents via secure email in the DPS website and received acknowledgement on Sept 1st. I called this morning to check on the status and they told me it's being issued today. For me this is exactly three weeks, 15 business days, since the supporting docs were received. My application status online still has not changed. Based on what other folks are reporting I should have the physical license in hand by the end of this week. I'd say you're looking at mid November before you get your license.

Topic author
KaiJawn

Post by KaiJawn »

taran1900 wrote:
KaiJawn wrote:**UPDATE** kinda. Called the number, they said my mailed document has been acknowledged on the 19th of sept. and should be "attached" to my packet "soon". Once it's attached to my packet, it will then be background checked.
You can expect it to take round about three weeks from yesterday, the first business day since the document acknowledgement for the license to be issued. I submitted my documents via secure email in the DPS website and received acknowledgement on Sept 1st. I called this morning to check on the status and they told me it's being issued today. For me this is exactly three weeks, 15 business days, since the supporting docs were received. My application status online still has not changed. Based on what other folks are reporting I should have the physical license in hand by the end of this week. I'd say you're looking at mid November before you get your license.

Did you mean October? I hope not November :( lol

taran1900
Posts in topic: 3

Post by taran1900 »

Oops! Yes, I meant October :mrgreen:

Topic author
KaiJawn

Post by KaiJawn »

This wait lol, I wish they had a better system to check status. Would definitely make the wait easier!

Topic author
KaiJawn

Post by KaiJawn »

GUYS!! Called this morning, my application got approved. Said my Card has gone for printing!

sweetmelissa

Post by sweetmelissa »

YAY!! I sent the last of my stuff in two days before you did. Please post when you get your plastic.

Topic author
KaiJawn

Post by KaiJawn »

I will first thing I get. From the looks of it from printing to mailbox is quick

sweetmelissa

Post by sweetmelissa »

Anything yet?

Topic author
KaiJawn

Post by KaiJawn »

sweetmelissa wrote:Anything yet?
No change on website, haven't checked mail in a few days. I expect it early next week if anything.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”