Late December applicants still waiting?

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

GibsonLesPaul
Posts in topic: 19

Re: Late December applicants still waiting?

Post by GibsonLesPaul »

TexHorns wrote:
TexHorns wrote:App - 12/9 (confirmation same day)
Prints - 12/15
Class - 12/27
Supporting Docs Uploaded - 12/29
Confirmation - 12/29

Emailed - 3/2 - no response as of 3/10
Called - 3/10

Couldn't get through but after 15 tries was lucky enough to finally get to wait on hold for 30 minutes. Lady said they had everything. Couldn't tell me when to expect anything. Said "she would like to tell me 2 weeks" but couldn't tell me anything. So there's that. But she did say "everything looks good" so there is the silver lining!

Been watching yall post. Thought I should share as well. I have 3 other friends on the same timeline and we are all in the same boat.

Continue waiting...

Hook em!
Still waiting. No website change, no plastic. I'm extremely frustrated. Record is clean.
Was she saying 2 weeks till plastic, or just approval?

Topic author
sweatmachine
Posts in topic: 34

Post by sweatmachine »

Early this morning I received a call from a manager at DPS. Evidently my call to my state rep and/or Gov Greg Abbott's office made the wheels start spinning. The DPS manager sounded like someone fairly high up that could make things happen.

He said he'll be pulling my application from the stack and will process it individually ASAP, and he hopes to have plastic to me within a week. From the sounds of things they haven't touched my application yet, at least at the background check stage. It's just sitting in a pile somewhere. No telling how long it would have been had I not gone to my state reps/Gov's office.

If you're a December applicant and are still waiting I urge you to call/email your state reps and rattle some chains!

:txflag: :txflag: :txflag:

mparks217
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mparks217 »

I called this morning and was told I was sent to print and to allow 7-14 days to receive plastic. Confirmation date 12/28.

GlockShooter56
Posts in topic: 3

Post by GlockShooter56 »

sweatmachine wrote:Early this morning I received a call from a manager at DPS. Evidently my call to my state rep and/or Gov Greg Abbott's office made the wheels start spinning. The DPS manager sounded like someone fairly high up that could make things happen.

He said he'll be pulling my application from the stack and will process it individually ASAP, and he hopes to have plastic to me within a week. From the sounds of things they haven't touched my application yet, at least at the background check stage. It's just sitting in a pile somewhere. No telling how long it would have been had I not gone to my state reps/Gov's office.

If you're a December applicant and are still waiting I urge you to call/email your state reps and rattle some chains!

Wow... sounds like you got the right people's attention. My all-in date was 12/29, so I may be following your lead shortly, Sweat.
If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

GibsonLesPaul

Post by GibsonLesPaul »

sweatmachine wrote:Early this morning I received a call from a manager at DPS. Evidently my call to my state rep and/or Gov Greg Abbott's office made the wheels start spinning. The DPS manager sounded like someone fairly high up that could make things happen.

That's fantastic! Tell them to work mine once they're done with yours.

Topic author
sweatmachine

Post by sweatmachine »

GibsonLesPaul wrote: That's fantastic! Tell them to work mine once they're done with yours.
I would suggest that you, and anyone else reading this, call your state rep ASAP. Otherwise your application will remain in the rabbit hole with Alice.

Mr. Bean
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Mr. Bean »

sweatmachine wrote:
GibsonLesPaul wrote: That's fantastic! Tell them to work mine once they're done with yours.
I would suggest that you, and anyone else reading this, call your state rep ASAP. Otherwise your application will remain in the rabbit hole with Alice.
The last time I called, the lady acknowledged apps are processed out of order but could not explain why. If you applied in December or early January and have not heard anything, do what sweatmachine did. And don't feel bad about it.

gregdorman
Posts in topic: 1

Post by gregdorman »

I have been waiting since December 12th. So yesterday I contacted, Greg Abbotts office, Ken Paxton, State Rep, etc,etc. Already got a phone call from state reps office. They are getting a lot of inquiries. They called DPS on my behalf and told them to find my license and to call them when they did and to contact me immediately to communicate. The following is what I sent. We will see if it gets the final result.

Dear Sir, I am contacting you about an issue that I am sure you have been hearing about lately, the DPS and handgun licensing time problems. I have personally been waiting 91 days from the date of submission of all required information to DPS. I believe this violates their time statue of 60 days to issuance. Their communication is very poor and I have been watching forums with very high levels of frustration from people like me still waiting with no communication from DPS. That seems to be the major issue. Perhaps their time frame for issuance needs to change or they need more people during this time period of elevated interest of Concealed and Open Carry.

I appreciate your continued efforts to uphold the Second Amendment and our rights. I am a proud supporter of yours.

UncleBubbs
Posts in topic: 5

Post by UncleBubbs »

That's the report I've been waiting to hear from you sweat! I'm gonna give mine that 7-10 business days they told me from last friday. After that ill be following in your footsteps.

TexHorns
Posts in topic: 9

Post by TexHorns »

GibsonLesPaul wrote:
TexHorns wrote:
Prints - 12/15
Class - 12/27
Confirmation - 12/29

Called - 3/10

Couldn't get through but after 15 tries was lucky enough to finally get to wait on hold for 30 minutes. Lady said they had everything. Couldn't tell me when to expect anything. Said "she would like to tell me 2 weeks" but couldn't tell me anything. So there's that. But she did say "everything looks good" so there is the silver lining!

Been watching yall post. Thought I should share as well. I have 3 other friends on the same timeline and we are all in the same boat.

Continue waiting...

Hook em!
Still waiting. No website change, no plastic. I'm extremely frustrated. Record is clean.
She just said 2 weeks. She didn't want to tell me anything else.

SweatMachine- I've taken your advice and emailed everyone and their mom. I'll update once/if I hear back. Day 77 today for me...

Topic author
sweatmachine

Post by sweatmachine »

TexHorns wrote:
SweatMachine- I've taken your advice and emailed everyone and their mom. I'll update once/if I hear back. Day 77 today for me...
Excellent. Hook 'em!

(UT class of '03 :txflag: :fire )

TexHorns
Posts in topic: 9

Post by TexHorns »

TexHorns wrote:
GibsonLesPaul wrote:
TexHorns wrote:
Prints - 12/15
Class - 12/27
Confirmation - 12/29

Called - 3/10

Continue waiting...

Hook em!
She just said 2 weeks. She didn't want to tell me anything else.

Also called this afternoon. After about 45 tries and waiting on hold for 30 minutes, I got through and they said my app is approved and printed as of 3/15. I should receive license in next 10-12days. She confirmed the website won't update until roughly when I should receive in the mail.

I reminder her that I was on day 77 and that's why I'm concerned. She laughed and said she understood and said a lot of people are in the same boat.

More waiting, but best news I've heard this entire time! I'll continue to update as I hear more.

TexasSully
Posts in topic: 4

Post by TexasSully »

I received the same email verbatim from the Governor's staff late this afternoon. I am hoping to get the same response that you did. I sent another email to my State Rep and her Chief of Staff said if DPS does not contact me by Friday to reach out to them. I am hoping this puts some heat on RSD.

:txflag:

CC...
Posts in topic: 3

Post by CC... »

Called yesterday and i was told that license has been approved the day before so hopefully ill be getting it in the mail soon. Website has not changed yet. Ill update as soon as i get it. To those who contacted offices to alert them of these license issues, thank you!

GibsonLesPaul

Post by GibsonLesPaul »

I don't know if I believe my eyes, but the site has changed.

Now, I have to update my address in a few weeks when I move. I think I'll wait till I have the card in my hand.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”