Late December applicants still waiting?

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
sweatmachine
Posts in topic: 34

Re: Late December applicants still waiting?

Post by sweatmachine »

GibsonLesPaul wrote:I don't know if I believe my eyes, but the site has changed.

Now, I have to update my address in a few weeks when I move. I think I'll wait till I have the card in my hand.
Congrats!

No change for me, yet.

GibsonLesPaul
Posts in topic: 19

Post by GibsonLesPaul »

sweatmachine wrote:
GibsonLesPaul wrote:I don't know if I believe my eyes, but the site has changed.

Now, I have to update my address in a few weeks when I move. I think I'll wait till I have the card in my hand.
Congrats!

No change for me, yet.
I can't believe you still haven't seen any progress. Any new updates from your recent emails?

Topic author
sweatmachine

Post by sweatmachine »

GibsonLesPaul wrote: I can't believe you still haven't seen any progress. Any new updates from your recent emails?
After emailing/speaking with my state rep's office and emailing Gov Abbott, I got a call back from a manager at DPS on Wednesday (3/16). He told me they were pulling my app from the pile and would process it immediately, and would try to have plastic in my hand "within about a week, hopefully."

So, maybe next week? I'm not holding my breath. :drool:

GibsonLesPaul

Post by GibsonLesPaul »

sweatmachine wrote:
GibsonLesPaul wrote: I can't believe you still haven't seen any progress. Any new updates from your recent emails?
After emailing/speaking with my state rep's office and emailing Gov Abbott, I got a call back from a manager at DPS on Wednesday (3/16). He told me they were pulling my app from the pile and would process it immediately, and would try to have plastic in my hand "within about a week, hopefully."

So, maybe next week? I'm not holding my breath. :drool:
If you don't have the plastic by then, you should at least see the site change, or be told it's approved and printing.

Keep us posted, brother. :cheers2:

Topic author
sweatmachine

Post by sweatmachine »

GibsonLesPaul wrote:
If you don't have the plastic by then, you should at least see the site change, or be told it's approved and printing.

Keep us posted, brother. :cheers2:
Will do! Thanks!

Netflixandchill
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Netflixandchill »

I followed sweatmachine's advice and emailed my local representatives, the Governor and the Attorney General yesterday. I am a late December applicant and coincidently the website has been updated today! :thewave now to wait for the plastic to arrive.... :woohoo

CC...
Posts in topic: 3

Post by CC... »

My confirmation email was on 12-28-2015 .Website changed thursday march 17 and recieved plastic saturday march 19 :cheers2: To all who are still waiting wish you good luck and hope you get your licenses soon. It was quite a rough waiting time for me and helped a lot to see and talk to others in the same situation,therefore not thinking that something went wrong with the app. Thanks,take care and carry safely!

Topic author
sweatmachine

Post by sweatmachine »

Congrats CC!

Today is day 91 for me. No website update or plastic yet. Fingers crossed for later this week (again, x10).

:banghead:

TexHorns
Posts in topic: 9

Post by TexHorns »

So, maybe next week? I'm not holding my breath. :drool:[/quote]

I too have received a call from a DPS manager who assured me that they have approved my application and is waiting to be mailed 7-10 days from last Wednesday. I took your advice and emailed the governor and received the call from the DPS. Blown away that they actually called me! I now have her direct line in case I need another update. She was VERY polite, apologetic, and understood my frustrations. I told her to post stuff on the website or set real expectations and we wouldn't be this concerned. She agreed that would minimize their call and email volume. Sounded like I was preaching to the chior.

Still waiting, but hopefully have it by the end of the week!

Email confirmation 12/29.

TexHorns

Post by TexHorns »

I too have received a call from a DPS manager who assured me that they have approved my application and is waiting to be mailed 7-10 days from last Wednesday. I took your advice and emailed the governor and received the call from the DPS. Blown away that they actually called me! I now have her direct line in case I need another update. She was VERY polite, apologetic, and understood my frustrations. I told her to post stuff on the website or set real expectations and we wouldn't be this concerned. She agreed that would minimize their call and email volume. Sounded like I was preaching to the chior.

Email confirmation 12/29.[/quote]

Website changed just now!

navychop
Posts in topic: 7

Post by navychop »

All documents notification 12 28 2015
Status changed 2 weeks ago.
No mail

GibsonLesPaul

Post by GibsonLesPaul »

sweatmachine wrote:Congrats CC!

Today is day 91 for me. No website update or plastic yet. Fingers crossed for later this week (again, x10).

:banghead:
No new updates from your emails?

I've been stalking the post office since the site change...no plastic yet...

Topic author
sweatmachine

Post by sweatmachine »

GibsonLesPaul wrote:
No new updates from your emails?

I've been stalking the post office since the site change...no plastic yet...
Nope. I'm not gonna raise he!l until Friday. They called me last Wednesday and said "We'll try to have it to you in about a week."

:totap: :drool: :banghead:

Turban cowboy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Turban cowboy »

TexHorns wrote:I too have received a call from a DPS manager who assured me that they have approved my application and is waiting to be mailed 7-10 days from last Wednesday. I took your advice and emailed the governor and received the call from the DPS. Blown away that they actually called me! I now have her direct line in case I need another update. She was VERY polite, apologetic, and understood my frustrations. I told her to post stuff on the website or set real expectations and we wouldn't be this concerned. She agreed that would minimize their call and email volume. Sounded like I was preaching to the chior.

Email confirmation 12/29.
Website changed just now![/quote]

Hey TexHorns, do you mind posting the contact emails for the Gov. And if you don't mind, what exactly did you write? Thank you in advance

TexHorns

Post by TexHorns »

App - 12/9 (confirmation same day)
Prints - 12/15
Class - 12/27
Supporting Docs Uploaded - 12/29
Confirmation - 12/29

Emailed - 3/2 - no response. Ever.
Called DPS - 3/10. Was told to wait 2 weeks
Emailed Gov Abbott - 3/16. no direct response.
Called DPS - 3/16. Was told it was approved 3/15 and to wait 10 days.
Received call from DPS - 3/17. DPS Manager. Very apologetic and polite. Said it would be 7 days as it was approved and sent for printing.
Website changed - somewhere between 3/18 and 3/21.

PLASTIC IN HAND 3/21!!!!!!!!!!

Much to my surprise, nobody lied or gave me the run around.

2 other friends of mine on same timeline (less all of the aggrevation I might add) got theirs today as well. Moral of the story; be patient, don't call, don't email, just entertain yourself on this website until it comes in. If you can help it.

SweatMachine - you are a soldier. A well mannered gentleman who has survived a very long time. I applaud you. I'm sure you are hourss away...

God bless. Stay safe. Hook 'em.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”