Renewals

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
KLB
Posts in topic: 1

Renewals

Post by KLB »

How long do they take to process renewals? I'm coming up in December.

MustangGlocker

Re: Renewals

Post by MustangGlocker »

From a quick glance, this looked to be the most recent thread regarding renewals.

I submitted my renewal on 5/4 and got the plastic today(5/23). Much quicker than I expected. Figured I'd pass on some good news.
Patrick
NRA Life Member
Blue Lives Matter

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

MustangGlocker wrote:From a quick glance, this looked to be the most recent thread regarding renewals.

I submitted my renewal on 5/4 and got the plastic today(5/23). Much quicker than I expected. Figured I'd pass on some good news.
Awesome. :anamatedbanana

I submitted 5/6, so hope I'll see something soon.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

USAFTS

Post by USAFTS »

ScottDLS wrote:
MustangGlocker wrote:From a quick glance, this looked to be the most recent thread regarding renewals.

Awesome. :anamatedbanana

I submitted 5/6, so hope I'll see something soon.
I did my renewal April 8, 2016
Today is 7 weeks and 1 day.
The website has never changed in status.
During this time my permit has expired. I am extremely frustrated. This is a RENEWAL with no changes. Why are 2 or 3 months acceptable? The permit should remain valid until the state contacts us and advises that it is no longer valid. We are guilty until proven innocent. Damnit!

Mike S

Post by Mike S »

KLB wrote:How long do they take to process renewals? I'm coming up in December.
At 6 months prior to expiration you can submit your renewal application; if your birthday is in December (expiration date), I'd suggest doing it online as soon as it will allow you in June. It's best to get it done earlier rather than forget/put it off & have it expire on you.

LTCTLB

Post by LTCTLB »

KLB wrote:How long do they take to process renewals? I'm coming up in December.
Although I have not received my LTC or ever renewed, I must agree with Mike S. I would submit for renewal as soon as the system would allow. Therefore, I would submit June ??, 2016.
LTC training: 1/30/16; Application (online): 5/10; Fingerprints: 5/11; CHL100 submitted (online): 5/11; All docs received email from RSD: 5/12; Status change: 6/11; Plastic in hand: 6/13/16

Ron7624

Post by Ron7624 »

I am coming up in December as well. I received a letter from DPS stating I was up for renewal. Their Letter was dated June 6 and I got it and applied on June 11. I just checked today because I read that it was taking 40 days, and this is day 40. What I found is that they are not through. Attached is a screen shot of their web page dealing with me. I have been fingerprinted to death as I was a Paramedic for the State of Texas and was fingerprinted electronically the last renewal, but as you can see, they are still reviewing. I guess with the current administrating trying to grab our guns, they have a real upheavel of applications lol.
My advice would be to apply asap, especially if something goes bad, you will have time to fix it before your license runs out.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-07-21 at 5.59.44 PM.png

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Skiprr »

I'm also a December renewal. Submitted the renewal application and payment online July 27, and sometime after August 10 but before today (August 18) the status was changed to "mailed." So the process took somewhere between 15 and 21 days.

No matter whether DPS is responding timely or not at any given time, I don't see a reason not to renew as soon as eligible.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

Skiprr wrote:I'm also a December renewal. Submitted the renewal application and payment online July 27, and sometime after August 10 but before today (August 18) the status was changed to "mailed." So the process took somewhere between 15 and 21 days.

No matter whether DPS is responding timely or not at any given time, I don't see a reason not to renew as soon as eligible.
:iagree:

The expiration date is the same regardless, so why chance it? That being said you're actually eligible 180 days prior to expiration, not exactly 6 months...darn those pesky 31 day months!
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

birdman253

Post by birdman253 »

Applied online on a Monday evening. Received my new license on Thursday, two weeks later. 17 days from Monday, or actually 16 days after they had the renewal info (renewal app was completed after business hours.)

Not bad at all. I had plenty of time, so I wasn't worried about it. Was expecting 30-45 days. Imagine my surprise when I pulled the envelope out of the mailbox.

Pastlite

Post by Pastlite »

I applied for renewal June first and am still waiting for my license its September 20 now.

Peacefrog7

Post by Peacefrog7 »

Filled out the online renewal application 8/21/16 and I received my LTC today in the mail. So 33 days counting today.

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Submitted renewal online 9/9. Rec'd in mail today, 9/28! :anamatedbanana
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

billypat

Post by billypat »

Submitted online the evening of 10-3-2016, received in mail today 10-29.
They also added "Instructor" on it. Didn't ask, but it there.
Also for those that were wondering...
The fee is $70 when you turn 60 for a LTC.
Renewals for 60+ are $35.
I love that Senior Discount!

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”