How many times a day, do you check?

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
sm000
Posts in topic: 2

How many times a day, do you check?

Post by sm000 »

I'm not even gonna lie...I "check for change" about 5 times a day.
The first time is as soon as I wake up, then 2 or 3 times throughout the day. And finally one last hopeful shot right before I go to sleep...every single day.
I feel so sorry for the people that are 90+ days. I don't know how you've kept from going crazy. I'm currently at 62 days and I can't stand it much longer.

PurpleHaze
Posts in topic: 1

Re: How many times a day, do you check?

Post by PurpleHaze »

At least 5 times a day, sometimes more. :???:
NRA Member and Veteran :txflag:

cirus

Post by cirus »

I never checked. My wife and I took our class in Jan '16 and received our license in about 5-6 weeks.
I see the section called Waiting Room and people getting upset because its taking so long but my question is what's the hurry? If you pass the background check and most know whether they will or not then why the rush? My logic is I didn't have it for 46 years so what's the hurry now. Not trying to make anyone mad but I just don't understand.

winters
Banned

Post by winters »

you do realize they do batch processing at night and checking more then once a day is a waste of time?

SplittinHairs

Post by SplittinHairs »

Well... I finally got a status change, so I no longer "check" for updates- however, yesterday, the day it changed, I admit that I did not believe it and did check it about 4 times total throughout the day before I finally believed my eyes. I used to always check it in the morning, afternoons, and right before bed. So about 3 times a day is what I used to do. But after 99 days as of yesterday I no longer have to check! Now I just wait on the mail... :clapping: It'd be great if it came today because today is exactly 100 days since I started this ordeal.

mmaddox93

Post by mmaddox93 »

I personally checked everyday up until the status change. I was so excited so but that is me, instead of checking 5 times a day i went to the range which i get in for free because i bring my own rounds and targets and shot to take the excitement and stress out.

ekelley

Post by ekelley »

I check 2 times a day once when I get up in the morning, and once before I go to bed. I am not sure if they are working on the weekends, but I cheek anyway. :cheers2:

Subtm24

Post by Subtm24 »

I used to check daily, both the site and the mail. Now, I told myself I'm not checking anymore until day 60, which is Monday.

Gixxer2k4

Post by Gixxer2k4 »

Some days multiple times and others none. Just get tired of not seeing the change... Thanks Obama

Topic author
sm000
Posts in topic: 2

Post by sm000 »

winters wrote:you do realize they do batch processing at night and checking more then once a day is a waste of time?
Thanks for telling me. I didn't know that.

armnhammer214

Post by armnhammer214 »

I did probably 3/4 times a week.
Sometimes I'd just forget about it, but after 60 days I did it more. And on day 83, Friday, I logged in thinking it was going be the same thing as always but after I glanced at it, status changed. :clapping: So now just waiting on the plastic.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”