Is there accountability?

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Vonic2185
Posts in topic: 1

Is there accountability?

Post by Vonic2185 »

Alright, I have a very important question due to being at wits end with what I feel are my rights being violated. I have searched everything I can think of so, I'm hoping someone here knows. It says that when applying for a LTC, the entity has a set amount of time to make decisions, requests, etc. Well, all of my documents and everything needed was produced and marked as received back in December. Since then, I have called for months without being able to speak with anyone and then finally I called and someone answered. They looked at my account and said that everything has checked out so, they don't know why I didn't receive my LTC months ago and that she would send another request over to the printing department and I should see a change within a few days. Obviously, this has not happened and I am beyond belief that I am getting this type of treatment. It just continues to say "print pending." I believe strongly that it is the government holding it. They can't deny me because, I have no reason to be denied but they can pull the whole "lost in transit" routine. I know that most people on here are about being as nice and benefit of the doubt towards the government and I'm not a conspiracy theorist but, i don't believe in coincidence and when evidence points to something it's worth looking into so, please somebody help me find some sort of way to hold them responsible for their failure to uphold the rights of the American people.

bblhd672

Re: Is there accountability?

Post by bblhd672 »

Call your state representative and explain what is going on.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

bblhd672 wrote:Call your state representative and explain what is going on.
:iagree: That is THE answer.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

Pawpaw wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:Call your state representative and explain what is going on.
:iagree: That is THE answer.
:iagree:
Do what you say you're gonna do.

joe817
Posts in topic: 2

Post by joe817 »

First of all, welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us! This forum is a wonderful resource for you, and glad you found it! :thumbs2:

Secondly, I agree with everyone who has responded. Since you all exhausted ALL of your personal resources, AND DPS has all of the documentation it needs, it's now time to look outside your home.

Call your State Representative, OR call your State Senator. State your case, and they will take it from there. THAT is the tried and true method of getting the ball rolling to get your LTC. ;-)
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

parabelum
Posts in topic: 5

Post by parabelum »

I'll echo the rest and say contact your Representative. They are in that office to, well, represent you. That's how it ought to be at least. They work for you.

It would be easier to turn those wheels if you were black though.

LTCTLB

Post by LTCTLB »

parabelum wrote:It would be easier to turn those wheels if you were black though.
Am I reading more into this statement than it deserves?
LTC training: 1/30/16; Application (online): 5/10; Fingerprints: 5/11; CHL100 submitted (online): 5/11; All docs received email from RSD: 5/12; Status change: 6/11; Plastic in hand: 6/13/16

joe817

Post by joe817 »

parabelum wrote:I'll echo the rest and say contact your Representative. They are in that office to, well, represent you. That's how it ought to be at least. They work for you.

It would be easier to turn those wheels if you were black though.
:nono: That was uncalled for.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

We have racist government, clearly.

Statement unfortunately is true. If you were black, you could have alternative remedies. Unfortunately.

Sorry if it's offensive. I didn't create this racist government.

In most cases, if you are in let's say a protective class, certain bureaucratic shenanigans can be easier to overcome.

Again, unfortunately.

LTCTLB

Post by LTCTLB »

parabelum wrote:We have racist government, clearly.

Statement unfortunately is true. If you were black, you could have alternative remedies. Unfortunately.

Didn't offend me...wasn't sure if I'd missed some inside joke.
LTC training: 1/30/16; Application (online): 5/10; Fingerprints: 5/11; CHL100 submitted (online): 5/11; All docs received email from RSD: 5/12; Status change: 6/11; Plastic in hand: 6/13/16

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

LTCTLB wrote:

Sadly, it was not a joke. Not a joking matter.

We have a gentleman here, who, what it appears is not treated fairly. Constitutional Right delayed.

Everything received in December, now a hassle and bureaucratic runaround.

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Schleprock wrote:
parabelum wrote:
LTCTLB wrote:

Sadly, it was not a joke. Not a joking matter.

We have a gentleman here, who, what it appears is not treated fairly. Constitutional Right delayed.

Everything received in December, now a hassle and bureaucratic runaround.
:headscratch
Maybe the OP was treated "unfairly" because he is black? Do you know??
Besides, Forum Rules 3 and 5 speak to your disjointed comment as well as joe817 warning you it was uncalled for.
You missed the point.

Take your lecture elsewhere.

remanifest

Post by remanifest »

I agree with everyone who said to contact your state representative. That said, my LTC was printed a week ago for the first time, and I never received it. I called the DPS RSD number, and they were kind enough to review the information I had provided and I was able to note a discrepancy in my address. I immediately corrected this, and am expecting to receive my LTC in the next week or so (hopefully this week). It is quite possible that this is the case. A lot of your ability to get a positive result when you're talking with someone, especially a bureaucrat (or a representative thereof), has to do with how you engage with that person; be respectful, and you're far more likely to achieve a positive outcome.

As for whether there is some sort of conspiracy against your second amendment rights, I highly doubt that. Without giving all the details, I can tell you, for sure, that if there was to be any discrimination at all, it would have been directed at me.

Bottom line, check your info with DPS RSD & contact your state representative.
"They will not force us, and they will stop degrading us. They will not control us, and we will be victorious. Rise up and take the power back. We have to unify and watch our flag ascend."
- Muse - Uprising

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”