Paperwork submitted 1/11/2016-No permit!!

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
pittiemama178
Posts in topic: 1

Paperwork submitted 1/11/2016-No permit!!

Post by pittiemama178 »

I turned all my things in for my application on 1/11/2016 and STILL have NO permit! I have called and called and no one could give me any answers other than my application wasn't uploaded to their system until 4/28 and they were processing my background. I indicated on my application that I have been treated for depression in the past and it was resolved. Never been arrested, no record of any kind, no hospitalization, nothing. I got a letter (FINALLY SOMETHING!!) yesterday that my application was being turned over to the medical review board...seriously??? So first, what have they been doing with my application all this time and second, medical review board now?? I was honest on my application about the depression because that's just how I am. So now what?? Any guidance is appreciated.

Michelle

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Paperwork submitted 1/11/2016-No permit!!

Post by Jusme »

First off welcome to the forum,

They definitely have been dragging their feet on your application, and I don't have an answer for you other than you need to contact your State Senator, and your Representative. They should be able to find out what the hold up is. and get things expedited.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

infoman
Posts in topic: 2

Post by infoman »

ALL applications have to go through the medical advisory board when the applicant lists anything Drug, alcohol or pyschiatric, no matter how minor. you still got a long wait. No reason to contact anyone in your case.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Considering it's been 7 months, contacting someone that can help get things moving along is definitely appropriate. You may need to provide additional information regarding your medical but they should have advised you that is the case by now.

I have heard they are extremely busy with new applications. Maybe the ones that aren't as cut and dried are not getting processed as timely as they should. Sometimes that's just the way it works.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Post by 869 »

mojo84 wrote: I have heard they are extremely busy with new applications. Maybe the ones that aren't as cut and dried are not getting processed as timely as they should. Sometimes that's just the way it works.
Some new applications are being processed within 2 weeks. OP needs to enlist the help of his representative.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

869 wrote:
mojo84 wrote: I have heard they are extremely busy with new applications. Maybe the ones that aren't as cut and dried are not getting processed as timely as they should. Sometimes that's just the way it works.
Some new applications are being processed within 2 weeks. OP needs to enlist the help of his representative.
That's why I said what I said in my first paragraph that you did not quote. Also, my point is, the applications that are completely clean are the ones that are getting processed very quickly. Did you even read the thread?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

infoman

Post by infoman »

It makes a big difference in time if your application goes through medical advisory board or not. There is no way around that, it is what it is.

Post by 869 »

Obviously I hadn't woken up yet this morning! sorry about that.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”