2017 Wait time

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

007Glock
Posts in topic: 27

Re: 2017 Wait time

Post by 007Glock »

marcotanquinobjj wrote:
marcotanquinobjj wrote:Okay, the game has officially started for me. Going to do a brief background on my history so people who have a similar case can have a specific point of reference.
I was placed on deferred adjudication for a non-violent offense as an adult 10 years ago. waited the 5 year grace period after probation discharge and dismissing of proceedings to get an order of non-disclosure sealing my record. Public records do not show anything on me however this information can be seen by selected govt. agencies and regulatory bodies.

Legally- I could of answered no to any criminal arrest, and disregard filling out the CHL-78C - and submitting certified dispositon, discharge/dismissal of proceedings, and order of non disclosure- BUT - I did not want to give DPS any excuse to delay the process, or give them any perception of me giving misleading information- so I disclosed everything anyway. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND ANYONE IN A SIMILAR SITUATION TO DO THE SAME. below is my application timeline:

App submitted : 5/8/17
Supporting documents: 5/10/17 ( with the exception of order of non-disclosure)
Order of ND submitted: 5/11/17 ( once a record has been sealed, it takes some time for arresting county to unseal the file and provide documents)
Status progress viewable: 5/17/17

Everything is green with the exception of :
Fingerprints: Under review
Background check : under review

I plan on calling the RSD today to confirm that they have recieved my document submittal of non disclosure , once verified ( hoping to avoid a letter for more information) I will post more as status changes.

EDIT: I called RSD and have confirmed that they do have all of my 78C documentation. I Called the same day the status the viewable on the website- so hopefully I will not get a letter or any delays!
Checked this morning and Background check is complete and I am print pending! I live in Austin so hopefully I will have it in mailbox by EOW! So complete process from full documentation submitted to print pending: 12 days!
Congrats!!! :cheers2: I'm sure that because we submitted our dispositions upfront with our supporting documents that definitely expedited the whole process, without having any delays or letters. We are extremely lucky that we didn't end up having to go the whole 60 days, 90, or 120, etc. because we have one misdemeanor on our records. Correct preparation is the key. I'm sure if we never did that, then we would be getting some letter at 60 days and then end up still waiting another couple of months on top of all that. Who knows though, because I read of some people doing it how we did, and they are still waiting at the 3 and 4 month mark... :confused5

Congrats again man, and now it's on to the mailing game. Luckily, that wait is a lot shorter. Mine turned to mailed in 3 days. It should take a couple of days before it says mailed and one or two days to receive it based on where you are. I think you should get yours in a day since you're in Austin. I'm in Dallas and got mine in 2 days. I just got mine in the mail and plastic in hand yesterday!

marcotanquinobjj
Posts in topic: 8

Post by marcotanquinobjj »

Thanks Buddy. Now I can relax and not worry about the process being delayed to an extended period of time. Essentially that was all I was worried about due to reading crazy lead times for others on here. Now that I know everything is g2g, I won't check the site again- and when it comes it comes. Just the peace of mind KNOWING that my application would get audited just as anyone elses is more than good enough for me.

JohnDoe
Posts in topic: 3

Post by JohnDoe »

This forum has been extremely valuable to me over the last few weeks and there is a lot of great information on here. I wanted to take the time to share my timeline thus far in the process as my first post.

5/12/17 - Application Submitted & Paid Fee
5/13/17 - Completed the LTC Class
5/16/17 - Fingerprints Submitted Electronically
5/17/17 - Uploaded all required documents
5/20/17 - Checklist Visible (All green except for "Background Check: Under Review" and "License To Carry a Handgun: Print pending completion of application review"
5/23/17 - All green and "Print Pending"
TBD - Mailed
TBD - Plastic In Hand

Personally, I'm shocked at my current status based on so many other peoples stories on here. I am at only 5 business days from submission of my documents and 9 business days all in from the initial application/fee. I am hoping to have my plastic by next week to do my Wally Walk!

As a side note, I normally wake up very early in the mornings and can confirm (at least from my experience) that the website normally updates sometime between 4:00-6:00AM every morning. I'm sure it's a fixed time, but I haven't found out just yet. Regardless of this discovery, it doesn't stop me from checking it 3-4 times a day.

-Tyler
:txflag:

JohnDoe

Post by JohnDoe »

JohnDoe wrote:This forum has been extremely valuable to me over the last few weeks and there is a lot of great information on here. I wanted to take the time to share my timeline thus far in the process as my first post.

5/20/17 - Checklist Visible (All green except for "Background Check: Under Review" and "License To Carry a Handgun: Print pending completion of application review"
TBD - Mailed
TBD - Plastic In Hand

Personally, I'm shocked at my current status based on so many other peoples stories on here. I am at only 5 business days from submission of my documents and 9 business days all in from the initial application/fee. I am hoping to have my plastic by next week to do my Wally Walk!

As a side note, I normally wake up very early in the mornings and can confirm (at least from my experience) that the website normally updates sometime between 4:00-6:00AM every morning. I'm sure it's a fixed time, but I haven't found out just yet. Regardless of this discovery, it doesn't stop me from checking it 3-4 times a day.

-Tyler
5/25/17 - Mailed

I just checked again this morning and it says "Mailed"! :txflag: :fire

All in I am at only 10 business days from the initial application being paid/submitted (without documents attached). I hope that this means that the DPS is caught up with processing LTCs and others on this forum begin to see theirs in the mail shortly.

I am hoping to have my plastic in hand by Friday for an evening Wally Walk! :thewave
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 6.45.57 AM.png

hestonkent
Posts in topic: 9

Post by hestonkent »

Hey y'all. I'm one of the youngins who got a head start on my LTC. Got my CHL-100 on May 5th, was going to put my app in on my 21st birthday on May 22 however the site wouldn't let me until May 23rd at midnight. Did fingerprints yesterday and submitted my chl-100 yesterday.

Glad to hear the turnaround times have been speedy, I doubt many people are applying right now since the bill to lower the fee is headed to the governor and all the people who were hoping for constitutional carry put off their applications. $140 isn't a bother for me, I just wanna carry ASAP :drool:

007Glock
Posts in topic: 27

Post by 007Glock »

marcotanquinobjj wrote:Thanks Buddy. Now I can relax and not worry about the process being delayed to an extended period of time. Essentially that was all I was worried about due to reading crazy lead times for others on here. Now that I know everything is g2g, I won't check the site again- and when it comes it comes. Just the peace of mind KNOWING that my application would get audited just as anyone elses is more than good enough for me.
Agreed. :iagree: I have read some horror stories on the wait times of others and that's what bothered me the most to make me so anxious. I had the biggest smile once I received my plastic in the mail and in my hand.

Blkhwkdr
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Blkhwkdr »

App submitted on May 18, 2017
Fingerprints on May 19, 2017
DD-214 Submitted on May 19, 2017
LTC Class May 21, 2017
CHL-100 Submitted on May 22, 2017
Current Status: LTC Mailed
Plastic in Hand May 30, 2017 :txflag:
To be honest, I'm a little shocked mine went so fast. :shock:
DL or ID : Valid
Citizenship : No documentation required
Passport Photo Holder (Out of State Only) : Received
Photo (Out of State Only) : Received
Proof of Classroom training : Received
Proof of Proficiency training : Received
Proof of Special Condition : Received
Fee : Received
Background Check : Completed
License To Carry A Handgun : Mailed
Last edited by Blkhwkdr on Tue May 30, 2017 11:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

hestonkent

Post by hestonkent »

Not too much longer now hopefully :hurry:

JohnDoe

Post by JohnDoe »

JohnDoe wrote:
JohnDoe wrote:This forum has been extremely valuable to me over the last few weeks and there is a lot of great information on here. I wanted to take the time to share my timeline thus far in the process as my first post.

TBD - Mailed
TBD - Plastic In Hand

-Tyler
5/25/17 - Mailed

I just checked again this morning and it says "Mailed"! :txflag: :fire

All in I am at only 10 business days from the initial application being paid/submitted (without documents attached). I hope that this means that the DPS is caught up with processing LTCs and others on this forum begin to see theirs in the mail shortly.

I am hoping to have my plastic in hand by Friday for an evening Wally Walk! :thewave
05/27/17 - Plastic In Hand :woohoo

Metalryder
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Metalryder »

TBD - Mailed
TBD - Plastic In Hand

-Tyler
I need to call them I guess.
Application and fee paid on 5/18
Fingerprints through Identigo on 5/23
LTC class on 5/25 and scanned and emailed cert on 5/26

hestonkent

Post by hestonkent »

Metalryder wrote:
I need to call them I guess.
Application and fee paid on 5/18
Fingerprints through Identigo on 5/23
LTC class on 5/25 and scanned and emailed cert on 5/26
Lol it's been like not even 2 business days since they've received everything, if you count the weekend and memorial day. Be patient.

I'm still waiting on my background check to clear up and i've never been arrested or even so much as pulled over in my entire life :lol::

hestonkent

Post by hestonkent »

vdsteelman
Posts in topic: 5

Frustrated

Post by vdsteelman »

Documents received 4/17/17.
Background check is still "under review"
Frustrating seeing people waiting less than 2 weeks for their plastic. What could possibly be taking so long?
:mad5

hestonkent

Re: Frustrated

Post by hestonkent »

vdsteelman wrote:Documents received 4/17/17.
Frustrating seeing people waiting less than 2 weeks for their plastic. What could possibly be taking so long?
Any arrests on your record? Behind on taxes? Child Support? Military convictions? Expired CHL-100? Unknown warrant like for unpaid tolls? Lots of things can delay that.

vdsteelman
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Frustrated

Post by vdsteelman »

hestonkent wrote:
vdsteelman wrote:Documents received 4/17/17.
Any arrests on your record? Behind on taxes? Child Support? Military convictions? Expired CHL-100? Unknown warrant like for unpaid tolls? Lots of things can delay that.
I got a ticket 10 years ago for fireworks in Iowa. Pled guilty and payed the fine. As far as taxes go, we're current but are still paying from 2015. Surely that would be the only road block?

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”