2017 Wait time

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

shielddude
Posts in topic: 3

Re: 2017 Wait time

Post by shielddude »

Hey guys. I've been lurking for a couple weeks but this is my first post.

Submitted App and Paperwork: 5/3/17
Fingerprints Done: 5/5/17
All Green but Background Check: 5/11/17
Background Check Complete: 5/12/17
Print Pending: 5/12/17

I'm 33 and have never had anything other than a couple speeding tickets, but I'm still shocked that I went from application submission to everything green and print pending in just 9 days. I figured it would take several weeks at the quickest. I had also told myself I wasn't going to check my status every day like an anxious person after my fingerprints were submitted, but that went out the window by 5/9.

mppedersen
Posts in topic: 9

Post by mppedersen »

GlockGirl wrote:
mppedersen wrote:
GlockGirl wrote:FINALLY, print pending this morning! :thewave

I went to print pending this morning also. :anamatedbanana

GlockGirl beers on me next time I'm out to celebrate.

You got it mppederson!!!!! :woohoo
I checked yesterday and it now shows mailed. You too?

ClintHTx
Posts in topic: 6

Post by ClintHTx »

Fastest part of my whole process was the mailing. It said mailed Friday morning and was here the next day.

Kuhn
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Kuhn »

I had class c dis conduct 5 years ago. I sent a copy from the county court web site of the case disposition. There is a place on DPS site for uploading this specific record. Dont wait until they mail a request for more info. Send it today. Mine was not certified as the Lady at DPS said it needed to be...

007Glock
Posts in topic: 27

Post by 007Glock »

Kuhn wrote:I had class c dis conduct 5 years ago. I sent a copy from the county court web site of the case disposition. There is a place on DPS site for uploading this specific record. Dont wait until they mail a request for more info. Send it today. Mine was not certified as the Lady at DPS said it needed to be...
I already submitted my disposition, and it was actually a certified disposition from the county clerk courthouse. I uploaded and submitted it along with my application and all my other original supporting documents such as the CHL-100, fingerprints, etc. I just sent it all at once at the very beginning of applying. I am hoping this is going to help and cut down on my wait time since I just submitted it with everything with my application at the beginning. :confused5

marcotanquinobjj
Posts in topic: 8

Post by marcotanquinobjj »

007Glock wrote:
Kuhn wrote:I had class c dis conduct 5 years ago. I sent a copy from the county court web site of the case disposition. There is a place on DPS site for uploading this specific record. Dont wait until they mail a request for more info. Send it today. Mine was not certified as the Lady at DPS said it needed to be...
I already submitted my disposition, and it was actually a certified disposition from the county clerk courthouse. I uploaded and submitted it along with my application and all my other original supporting documents such as the CHL-100, fingerprints, etc. I just sent it all at once at the very beginning of applying. I am hoping this is going to help and cut down on my wait time since I just submitted it with everything with my application at the beginning. :confused5

I did the same thing. submitted my application on 5/8/17. Uploaded CH-100, certified disposition, and took fingerprints on 5/10/17. Also realized it would be good to submit my certified order of non-disclosure as well and uploaded that 5/11/17. All documents submitted before the DPS status website showed any progress on the individual checks. Checked this morning and it still hasn't fully been processed showing the steps progress of each. I too am hoping that doing all of this on the front end expedites the whole process.

I told myself that I would not look at it until this Friday 5/19, and that went right through the window. It was like I blacked out and checked the status without really realizing it. Now I have been doing it daily. I normally do not have patience when it comes things like this, Like a dog waiting by the window for its owner to come home :/

007Glock

Post by 007Glock »

marcotanquinobjj wrote:
007Glock wrote:

I did the same thing. submitted my application on 5/8/17. Uploaded CH-100, certified disposition, and took fingerprints on 5/10/17. Also realized it would be good to submit my certified order of non-disclosure as well and uploaded that 5/11/17. All documents submitted before the DPS status website showed any progress on the individual checks. Checked this morning and it still hasn't fully been processed showing the steps progress of each. I too am hoping that doing all of this on the front end expedites the whole process.

I told myself that I would not look at it until this Friday 5/19, and that went right through the window. It was like I blacked out and checked the status without really realizing it. Now I have been doing it daily. I normally do not have patience when it comes things like this, Like a dog waiting by the window for its owner to come home :/
It usually takes about a week for your status to appear, or at least in my case it did. I submitted my application on 4/10/17, fingerprints and supporting documentation on 4/11/2017. I got a verification email the day after from RSD on 4/12/17 saying all my supporting documentation had been received. It was exactly 7 days after that verification email that my progress status appeared on 4/19/2017 showing everything. Did you get a verification email back from RSD yet saying they received all your supporting documentation?

marcotanquinobjj

007Glock wrote:
marcotanquinobjj wrote:
007Glock wrote:

It usually takes about a week for your status to appear, or at least in my case it did. I submitted my application on 4/10/17, fingerprints and supporting documentation on 4/11/2017. I got a verification email the day after from RSD on 4/12/17 saying all my supporting documentation had been received. It was exactly 7 days after that verification email that my progress status appeared on 4/19/2017 showing everything. Did you get a verification email back from RSD yet saying they received all your supporting documentation?

Yes sir. On 5/11 I did, that email is what prompted me to also submit the certified order of non-disclosure for my only hiccup on my record. If I do not see anything updated on 5/17- I will email and call them. I am not affraid to be a respectful pest :)

007Glock

Post by 007Glock »

marcotanquinobjj wrote:
007Glock wrote:
marcotanquinobjj wrote:
007Glock wrote:

Yes sir. On 5/11 I did, that email is what prompted me to also submit the certified order of non-disclosure for my only hiccup on my record. If I do not see anything updated on 5/17- I will email and call them. I am not affraid to be a respectful pest :)
I would check exactly a week later, so on the 18th. That would be a full week just like mine. I know how you feel, I keep checking my status everyday like 3 times a day lol. Currently, it's stuck on fingerprints under review and background check under review, print pending of completion. I was hoping that submitting everything at once would expedite the process and make things go faster. I have read some really fast turnaround times, from a couple weeks to 30 or 45 days, and all the way until the statute of 60 days. Then I have read of people that have gone 90 and 120 days, but they didn't submit their dispositions originally. They ended up getting a letter for more information, etc. The statute is that they have 60 days to approve the application once a fully completed application is turned in, which includes any supporting documents, or to ask for more information during those 60 days. Since we sent our dispositions in as part of our supporting documents with our original application, I can't think of any hold-ups or reasons why we would take any longer than the 60 days. I keep checking my status about 3 times a day hoping maybe it will be faster, even though I know that I'm only at the 30 day mark and they really still have another 30 days lol. Believe me, I know how you feel.

dudebassoon

Post by dudebassoon »

dudebassoon wrote:I guess I am brand new and have a long wait ahead. Glad to begin the journey :

Application Submission : 1/12
Finger Print Submission : 1/13
CHL Class Submission : 1/30

Current status online is no change or acknowledgement that anything has been received. It just says if you are submitting an application please leave sufficient time for processing. I am not complaining cause it has only been 9 business days. Can't wait for that plastic though!

Y'all have good luck now!
Checked Friday 5/12 and it said Print Pending
Checked today 5/15 and it said that it has been Mailed. Finally! :txflag:

dudebassoon

Post by dudebassoon »

007Glock wrote:
marcotanquinobjj wrote:
007Glock wrote:
marcotanquinobjj wrote:
007Glock wrote:

I would check exactly a week later, so on the 18th. That would be a full week just like mine. I know how you feel, I keep checking my status everyday like 3 times a day lol. Currently, it's stuck on fingerprints under review and background check under review, print pending of completion. I was hoping that submitting everything at once would expedite the process and make things go faster. I have read some really fast turnaround times, from a couple weeks to 30 or 45 days, and all the way until the statute of 60 days. Then I have read of people that have gone 90 and 120 days, but they didn't submit their dispositions originally. They ended up getting a letter for more information, etc. The statute is that they have 60 days to approve the application once a fully completed application is turned in, which includes any supporting documents, or to ask for more information during those 60 days. Since we sent our dispositions in as part of our supporting documents with our original application, I can't think of any hold-ups or reasons why we would take any longer than the 60 days. I keep checking my status about 3 times a day hoping maybe it will be faster, even though I know that I'm only at the 30 day mark and they really still have another 30 days lol. Believe me, I know how you feel.
I sent all my information like this at the beginning and they then sent me a letter. Called them up and asked if the information I originally sent was what they needed. They then checked and said yes. One month later I am at mailed.

007Glock

Post by 007Glock »

dudebassoon wrote:
I sent all my information like this at the beginning and they then sent me a letter. Called them up and asked if the information I originally sent was what they needed. They then checked and said yes. One month later I am at mailed.
Oh wow, so they still made you wait 4 months? At what point did they still send you a letter?

marcotanquinobjj

dudebassoon wrote:
007Glock wrote:
marcotanquinobjj wrote:
007Glock wrote:
marcotanquinobjj wrote:
007Glock wrote:

Well in that case then, as soon as I see the status updated and the background is still under review, I will call them like crazy to confirm that they recieved my disposition and non disclosure.

007Glock

Post by 007Glock »

marcotanquinobjj wrote:

Well in that case then, as soon as I see the status updated and the background is still under review, I will call them like crazy to confirm that they recieved my disposition and non disclosure.
I know, that makes me feel very uneasy now. I call about once a week, and everyone that answers has something totally different to say. I've been told yes, the rule is 60 days to approve. Others have said 180 days. Now with that above story saying he did everything like us, they still made him wait 4 months, and then sent a letter asking for something he already submitted in the first place. This is troubling, and I am definitely going to just keep calling. I want some definitive answers because that is ridiculous. :banghead: :rules:

007Glock

Post by 007Glock »

Woke up this morning, checked my status, shows fingerprints and background check are complete, and my license in PRINT PENDING!!!
:thewave

Unbelievable, as I was just about to call this morning because I wanted to get some definitive answers because everybody always said something different when I had called prior and to also make sure everything was received correctly. I am very surprised with the fast turnaround, and this is with having one misdemeanor on my record. However, I provided a certified disposition upfront and submitted it with my supporting documents along with my application. I submitted everything together on the front end hoping that it would expedite the process and not have to deal with any postponing of time or letters being sent out for disposition documentation, etc. Frankly, it seemed to work and definitely paid off. I consider myself one of the very lucky ones who went through the process quickly, especially with the situation at hand, but correct preparation is the key. I have read stories of people going all the way to 60 days, 90 days, 120 days, and sometimes close to 180 days. Mine went into print pending in just over 30 days. My timeline is as follows:

Submitted completed LTC Application: 4/10/2017
Fingerprints taken and supporting documentation uploaded and submitted (including certified court disposition): 4/11/2017
RSD verification email stating they received my supporting documents: 4/12/2017
Status progress screen finally shows (everything green except for fingerprints and background check, which both say 'under review'): 4/19/2017
Fingerprints and background check complete, LTC goes into print pending: 5/16/2017

DPS states the 60 days begins once a complete application is received, which includes the application AND all supporting documents. So I am going by the 4/12/2017 date. My application went from processing to print pending in 34 days.

Now for the wait to say MAILED and actually get plastic in hand!!!

GOD BLESS THE STATE OF TEXAS!!! :txflag:
Attachments
LTC Status .jpg

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”