Tx CHL Online Status of Background Check

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
CrashTxVeeDub
Posts in topic: 4

Tx CHL Online Status of Background Check

Post by CrashTxVeeDub »

So I have been waiting since 11/1 for my background check review to complete. Right at 90 days that it has been "under review". I get why it took so long. I'm 40 yrs old, 2 days after my 1th8 birthday I got arrested and charged with Conspiracy to Commit Arson and subsequently served 2 years probation and the charge was Deferred Adjudication. I did list this on my application and researched beforehand to determine that this was not grounds for denial. That said I had been arrested more times than I can count for unpaid misdemeanor traffic tickets and FTA's that I did not list. Frankly my memory is just not good enough.

Just today I see my LTC status changes to a green bar and "Background Check: Completed". Under that a yellow bar "License to carry handgun: print pending".

Does this mean I passed? I've been sweating this for months. If I was denied would the status show a denial?

Thanks for your help!

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Tx CHL Online Status of Background Check

Post by Skiprr »

Yep. "Print pending" means that evaluations are all done, and your new license will be queued for printing and mailing. Just days left to wait now!
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

You're there. Stop watching the RSD website, start watching your mailbox! :thumbs2:
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Topic author
CrashTxVeeDub

Post by CrashTxVeeDub »

That's great. Thanks folks! I have been really worried as my check was under review sooooo loooong.

Blackie

Post by Blackie »

CrashTxVeeDub wrote:That's great. Thanks folks! I have been really worried as my check was under review sooooo loooong.
Crash,
You got lucky, Now is your chance to be a "Dudley Dooright" Took guts to admit on here what you did. Congrats on the LTC.
Blackie

Topic author
CrashTxVeeDub

Post by CrashTxVeeDub »

Did it take guts or was it stupidity? I resemble the latter. What did I admit? I've been a model citizen, with the exception of the occasional red light camera ticket, for the last 15 years or so.

Topic author
CrashTxVeeDub

Post by CrashTxVeeDub »

Saw that my status changed to "mailed" today. Woot woot!

Will be so nice to not have to do background checks when I buy guns. My last two purchases were a major hassle with delayed background checks.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”