Any other women here?

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
My2guns
Posts in topic: 2

Any other women here?

Post by My2guns »

Hi ya'll, I'm new to gun ownership and I'm loving it. My husband got me addicted. I went and bought myself a S&W MP 2.0 and a Ruger SR9. I haven't even shot my Ruger yet, but I'm looking forward to it. I went and took my LTC class on October 7th then went right home and sent in my form and paid my fees. Then on the 10th I did my fingerprints. It's currently 10/24 and the website said that my license is "pending print" I'm hoping that means I get it soon. There's so much to learn. I never even saw a gun in person until I met my husband. I'm getting use to breaking it down and cleaning it and following all safety rules. I got into it because I wanted to jog at night and/or before the sun comes up in the AM. I'm always looking behind me and don't feel I'm getting a good burn on. :lol: Anyway, I'm interested to know if there are many women here and where they recommend I go for some women only events. Are there any clubs that are worth the money? Also, where would you recommend getting a membership? I'm in Fort Worth. I'm debating between Point Blank and Defender outdoors. Any input is greatly appreciated.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Any other women here?

Post by carlson1 »

Welcome to the Forum and the Gun community. We have many ladies here and they will be along soon with some great advice.

pushpullpete

Post by pushpullpete »

Welcome to a great forum. Enjoy the sport and stay safe.
:txflag: :patriot:

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

Hello and Welcome!

I'm probably the most active lady here, but there are some more that will come along. I'm not familiar with the Ft Worth area, so I can't help you with that. If you need anything else, let me know.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Jnazee

Post by Jnazee »

Welcome to the forum. :party:

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Welcome to the forum, as well as the world of shooting and LTC holders. :tiphat:

I can't recommend any specific women's shooting groups, but a quick google search for dfw women's shooting clubs turned up several results that you may want to look into. Also a lot of ranges in DFW have women's nights, for shooting.
Glad to have more women here to provide a female's perspective, look through the posts in our women's topic thread and you will find a lot of useful info and links to women specific shooting info.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Kind of far from Fort Worth, but Frisco gun club has Wednesday ladies nights. And welcome to the forum. We love to see more ladies here.

Glock438715

Post by Glock438715 »

My2guns wrote:Hi ya'll, I'm new to gun ownership and I'm loving it. My husband got me addicted. I went and bought myself a S&W MP 2.0 and a Ruger SR9. I haven't even shot my Ruger yet, but I'm looking forward to it. I went and took my LTC class on October 7th then went right home and sent in my form and paid my fees. Then on the 10th I did my fingerprints. It's currently 10/24 and the website said that my license is "pending print" I'm hoping that means I get it soon. There's so much to learn. I never even saw a gun in person until I met my husband. I'm getting use to breaking it down and cleaning it and following all safety rules. I got into it because I wanted to jog at night and/or before the sun comes up in the AM. I'm always looking behind me and don't feel I'm getting a good burn on. :lol: Anyway, I'm interested to know if there are many women here and where they recommend I go for some women only events. Are there any clubs that are worth the money? Also, where would you recommend getting a membership? I'm in Fort Worth. I'm debating between Point Blank and Defender outdoors. Any input is greatly appreciated.
Im not a woman but wanted to let you know my progress since we did everything at the same time seems like haha.. I also did my class on the 7th and had everything submitted on the 10th... Last friday the 20th.. It said print pending... This morning tue 24th it changed to mailed!! Im sure yours will by 2morro or the next day! ...also.. I always had a status change super early on the days it changed (like 730 am is when i would check every morning)
Proud Father. Proud Husband. Proud Texan.
I couldn't be happier.... :coolgleamA:

Deitz83

Post by Deitz83 »

I think there is Pink Pistols, but I do not no much about them and can not comment on them. My club host a ladies day shoot once a year. It's free, we provide lunch and you shoot 22lr, rifle, pistol, trap, air guns and archery. I am not aware of any other private clubs in DFW that host events for women such as this. We recognize that women gun ownership is a fast growing market and we encourage, their use and want to provide a safe family environment. My wife is a group leader. This year we had 75 women and last year 80. I host a falling plate match once a month at our club and have been trying to get more women to participate. Currently, we have 2 and one more is pending. DFW gun range in Dallas allow women to shoot free on Tuesday after 5 (check their web page). I suggest bring your own targets (they charge for targets, eye ware and ears), eye ware and ears, then it's totally free. Good luck with your search and if you find anything please share.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Welcome to the club! :coolgleamA:
A quick google search for "gun range ladies night dfw" found a bunch of stuff. Specifically Frisco Gun Club and Eagle Gun Range in Frisco both have ladies day/night times, and I can attest that both of these locations are well run. FGC may be on the fancier side of things, but not too high brow. There's a range called Quail Creek on 35W north of the speedway, which also has a ladies day on Thursday where you get 1/2 price. I've been there a few times, and it's pretty decent as well, but others have had good or bad experiences from what I understand. It's been a long time since I went there.

Modify that google search a bit, and I ran across https://www.agirlandagun.org/ which I don't know anything about, but might be in line with what you're looking for...?
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Deitz83 wrote:I think there is Pink Pistols, but I do not no much about them and can not comment on them.
I believe the Pink Pistols are a group focused more on the LGBT community (which I fully support their community's 2A rights -- it's everyone's right!): http://www.pinkpistols.org/about-the-pink-pistols/
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Deitz83

Post by Deitz83 »

Thanks for the correct. My friend provided the correct group she was interested in, but has not attended. https://www.agirlandagun.org

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

A girl and a gun is suppose to be a great group
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Topic author
My2guns

Post by My2guns »

Hi!
Thank you for all the replies! I'm going to look up the places ya'll suggested. I'm going to have a busy weekend!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”