35 days and waiting, all with a clean record.

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 2

Re: 35 days and waiting, all with a clean record.

Post by RPBrown »

I would imagine that there is an influx of applicants since the school shootings which will make things go longer. Usually happens when there is something controversial that can affect our 2a rights
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Flightmare »

Grundy1133 wrote:
Flightmare wrote:Look at the bright side. This gives you time to pick out holsters and carry guns. :fire
ive had my holster and carry gun since before i even took the class lol. my background check has been in review since 2/28. i know i know only a week. not really complaining just sayin, ive had my stuff ready to go long before i ever took the class. now its just a waiting game for me. :waiting:
I see that you're in North Texas, you're more than welcome to join several of us for breakfast if you're in the DFW area. The Frisco group meets on the 2nd Saturday of the month and the Arlington group meets on the 3rd Saturday. Good group of people to just hang out with. You are more than welcome to come hang out if you'd like.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Grundy1133 »

Flightmare wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:
Flightmare wrote:Look at the bright side. This gives you time to pick out holsters and carry guns. :fire
ive had my holster and carry gun since before i even took the class lol. my background check has been in review since 2/28. i know i know only a week. not really complaining just sayin, ive had my stuff ready to go long before i ever took the class. now its just a waiting game for me. :waiting:
I see that you're in North Texas, you're more than welcome to join several of us for breakfast if you're in the DFW area. The Frisco group meets on the 2nd Saturday of the month and the Arlington group meets on the 3rd Saturday. Good group of people to just hang out with. You are more than welcome to come hang out if you'd like.
I appreciate it but I'm a little more north than that. I rarely ever make it down to DFW. Might go to the gun show this weekend tho. I'm north of denton. North of Lewisville. About 10 miles from the Oklahoma border.. unfortunately.
NRA Member

Topic author
Capgun76
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Capgun76 »

Just to cap my original post, I have plastic in hand ,62 days after I submitted my finger prints. 59 days after the state says it began my review. Nothing was needed on my part other than patience.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Flightmare »

Congratulations! Glad to see your patience has been rewarded.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

Capgun76 wrote:Just to cap my original post, I have plastic in hand ,62 days after I submitted my finger prints. 59 days after the state says it began my review. Nothing was needed on my part other than patience.
wow thats nuts... some people who submit their prints after me have already got their plastic in hand an di should have a clean record.... no mental issues no arrests lived in texas my whole life only ever lived at one residence, no military history, no aliases, nothing.... i dont understand their logic on how they process apps... its hard to have patience when joe shmo who submitted their app and prints 4 days after you already has their plastic in hand when you know your background check should be clean... :rules:
NRA Member

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Keith B »

Grundy1133 wrote:
Capgun76 wrote:Just to cap my original post, I have plastic in hand ,62 days after I submitted my finger prints. 59 days after the state says it began my review. Nothing was needed on my part other than patience.
wow thats nuts... some people who submit their prints after me have already got their plastic in hand an di should have a clean record.... no mental issues no arrests lived in texas my whole life only ever lived at one residence, no military history, no aliases, nothing.... i dont understand their logic on how they process apps... its hard to have patience when joe shmo who submitted their app and prints 4 days after you already has their plastic in hand when you know your background check should be clean... :rules:
DPS has 60 days to process. The delays are usually not with DPS, but with the local agencies that process your background checks. They submit to your county, city, etc. So, if you have lived in multiple locations over the past 5 years, it may take longer. If one of the local agencies is slow in processing the background inquiries, then you are delayed. Lots of cogs in the wheel that have to sync up to get a really fast turn-around.

I know you are anxious to get your license, just like most of us were. However, you are only at 16 days, so stay patient and don't fret. Remember the adage 'A watched pot never boils'. :thumbs2:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Keith B wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:
DPS has 60 days to process. The delays are usually not with DPS, but with the local agencies that process your background checks. They submit to your county, city, etc. So, if you have lived in multiple locations over the past 5 years, it may take longer. If one of the local agencies is slow in processing the background inquiries, then you are delayed. Lots of cogs in the wheel that have to sync up to get a really fast turn-around.

I know you are anxious to get your license, just like most of us were. However, you are only at 16 days, so stay patient and don't fret. Remember the adage 'A watched pot never boils'. :thumbs2:
Another thing to consider is, that the counties where you are employed are also checked, the same as one's residence. If you have worked in several counties the background checks are completed only as fast as the slowest county.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

Liberty wrote:
Keith B wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:

Another thing to consider is, that the counties where you are employed are also checked, the same as one's residence. If you have worked in several counties the background checks are completed only as fast as the slowest county.
I've only ever worked in 2 counties and lived in 1 county. I guess my counties are just slow...
NRA Member

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

It only takes one county to be slow.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

60 days is about what it took me to get mine about 3-4 years ago. Welcome to the club!
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”