Ankle injury

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Excaliber

Re: Ankle injury

Postby Excaliber » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:56 am

I learned the hard way that there's nothing easy about an ankle tendon injury.

Continued prayers coming your way.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

mojo84

Postby mojo84 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:24 am

Glad you've been able to avoid surgery do far. Will pray your able heals on its own.

Broke my able and tore the ligament that hold the fibula and tibia in place. Did it on May 13 and here are my x-rays that were taken yesterday. Be as compliant as you can so you don't have to join the hardware club.

Due to the remaining gap in the fibula, it will be at least another 2 weeks before I can start putting any weight on it.

Hang in there and best wishes for a full and complete recovery.
Attachments
0710171226-1.jpg
0710171245b-1.jpg
******TRIGGER WARNING****** If offended, go find yourself a safe place and color a pretty picture.

My rep said he would consider supporting HB560. https://www.texasfirearmscoalition.com/ ... since-2007

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

Postby The Annoyed Man » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:30 pm

mojo84 wrote:Glad you've been able to avoid surgery do far. Will pray your able heals on its own.

Broke my able and tore the ligament that hold the fibula and tibia in place. Did it on May 13 and here are my x-rays that were taken yesterday. Be as compliant as you can so you don't have to join the hardware club.

Due to the remaining gap in the fibula, it will be at least another 2 weeks before I can start putting any weight on it.

Holy cow! Did they actually fuse the ankle? :shock:
"Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself."—Hookalakah Meshobbab
"I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes."—The Annoyed Boy
"Id aegre et in omnibus semper."—Quod Homo Aegre

mojo84

Postby mojo84 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:56 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:
mojo84 wrote:Glad you've been able to avoid surgery do far. Will pray your able heals on its own.

Holy cow! Did they actually fuse the ankle? :shock:

Thankfully, no. Just lots of screws, a plate and some heavy duty thread to secure the two bones in place until the ligaments heal. If you zoom in and look close at the bottom of my tibia and fibula, you will see two light grey horizontal lines. Those are the tunnels drilled and ran the sutures through to tie the two bones together. This technique is supposed to allow for more natural range of motion down the road.

I shared the xrays just to encourage you to be compliant with the doc's instructions. If you do, your chances of avoiding surgery will increase. I had no choice about surgery. Hopefully you will be able to avoid the surgery.

Physically, his has been one of, if not the most painful things I've had to deal with. It has been a cakewalk emotionally and mentally either.
******TRIGGER WARNING****** If offended, go find yourself a safe place and color a pretty picture.

My rep said he would consider supporting HB560. https://www.texasfirearmscoalition.com/ ... since-2007

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

Postby The Annoyed Man » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:50 pm

Not my feet in this image, but this is what has happened to me, and on the same side too:

To the extent that I could understand my doctor's description, the surgery results would look something like this:
"Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself."—Hookalakah Meshobbab
"I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes."—The Annoyed Boy
"Id aegre et in omnibus semper."—Quod Homo Aegre

mojo84

Postby mojo84 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:56 pm

Wow, very sorry about that. Looks mighty painful. Will pray hard that surgery won't be necessary.

chuck j

Postby chuck j » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:39 am

As usual I am late in responding . Praying for pain relief and that our Lord will guide your treatment to a full recovery .
chuck j

SA-TX

Postby SA-TX » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:28 pm

My prayers have been sent for you and your family.

SA-TX

Crossfire

Postby Crossfire » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:20 pm

Well, that just looks excessively unpleasant!
Texas LTC and Utah CFP Instructor, MorphoTrust Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”