Prayers for my wife

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

longtooth
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Prayers for my wife

Post by longtooth »

I am jsut in too. Thank you Lord for those who believe your Sovereignty. I have stopped to pray for yall & will in the morning too.
LT
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

JeepGuy79

Post by JeepGuy79 »

Prayers for your wife. may God place his hands on your entire family at this time.

Sniper John

Post by Sniper John »

Prayers sent.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

praying for her B.E. I thought I'd posted it, a couple of days ago. keep us updated if y'al need anything.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

RKirkwood

Post by RKirkwood »

Your wife and your family are in our prayers.

Topic author
baldeagle
Posts in topic: 6

Post by baldeagle »

Good news. We met with the oncologist who will be doing the breast surgery, and she reviewed the pathology report with us. The breast cancer is both estrogen and progesterone receptor positive, which means that this cancer responds well to hormone therapy. There were also some other factors, the names of which escape me, which indicate that this cancer is very stable and not fast growing. (Something about HER and FISH.) Although the doctor said her first choice in dealing with breast cancer is always surgery followed by radiation, she would not be uncomfortable with surgery followed by anti-hormone drug therapy for five years.

This is very good news for us. My wife was very concerned about radiation and the damage it does to your body. Having an alternative that the doctor is comfortable with is a positive step.

We go for a sonogram on the 10th of December. If the tumor hasn't grown (the doctor doesn't expect it to have), we'll be able to schedule outpatient surgery for a lumpectomy shortly after that.

Your prayers are all very much appreciated and clearly very effective. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your interventions on our behalf.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Divided Attention

Post by Divided Attention »

Praise! and prayers for continued positive progress! Our Father is the Great Physician!
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; Psalm 144:1-2
CHL - 2010; NRA RSO - 2011, NRA Chief RSO - 2014
NRA Pistol Instructor -2013, NRA Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor - 2015
Lifetime NRA Member - 2013

RedEagle

Post by RedEagle »

My mother is a survivor, or as I say, a warrior. From one Eagle to another, you and your wife will be in my prayers brother.

Topic author
baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

I want to thank everyone that has been praying for my wife. Last Thursday, after two surgeries, she was declared cancer free. Both tumors were Stage 1, and the outcomes were the very best that could have been expected. God is good and gracious, and we are very blessed. Today we meet with the doctors to decide what, if any, course of followup treatment should be pursued.

Again, thank you for all your thoughts and prayers.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 2

Post by chasfm11 »

baldeagle wrote:I want to thank everyone that has been praying for my wife. Last Thursday, after two surgeries, she was declared cancer free. Both tumors were Stage 1, and the outcomes were the very best that could have been expected. God is good and gracious, and we are very blessed. Today we meet with the doctors to decide what, if any, course of followup treatment should be pursued.

Again, thank you for all your thoughts and prayers.
That's great news, baldeagle. Our continued prayers are with you and your wife in whatever treatments remain. My wife just passed her 14th year cancer free since her stage 1 diagnosis. It is a good feeling to have the surgery behind and to be able to look forward to a healthy future, with God's continuing grace.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

OldGrumpy

Post by OldGrumpy »

Baldeagle as an old friend who was my pastor at the time once said, "I find strange coincidences happen more often when I seek God more often."
Love God, Family, USA, and Texas
Act justly, love mercy, walk humbly with God - Micah 6:8

Fire1141

Post by Fire1141 »

Praise God. Thanks for the update.

Topic author
baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Thank you, guys. It is indeed a relief to have this behind us. We're discussing course of treatment with doctors now, but the victory we've already had fills us with confidence for the future. chasfm11, your statement about your wife is especially encouraging. Oldgrumpy, your friend was very wise.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Thank you for the update and the great news. Thank you Father for Your grace and let this be a sign to others that they can call on You in such times.

Chas.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by carlson1 »

It is sure great to wonderful news and an answered prayers! We will continue to pray for your dear and family as you make decisions on treatment. We know God's guiding hand will be with you and your wife.

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”