Prayers for my wife

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
baldeagle
Posts in topic: 6

Prayers for my wife

Post by baldeagle »

I'm a very private person. I don't usually reach out beyond close family and friends. But carlson1's request for prayers for his wife made me realize that I should have posted this long ago. We don't need anyone's sympathy, but we believe deeply in the power of prayer and have already seen its results.

My wife was diagnosed earlier this year with uterine cancer. By an odd "coincidence" (we don't believe in coincidences) she fell and broke two toes shortly before the scheduled surgery date. The surgery had to be postponed. This prompted her to take care of her annual mammogram, which she had put off for too long. To our utter surprise and shock, she was diagnosed with breast cancer as well. Thus began a series of doctor's appointments and a flurry of internet research to get up to speed.

She has since had a total hysterectomy, and the doctor's have declared her uterine cancer free. No chemotherapy or radiation is indicated.

The breast tumor was only 7mm, so we feel very positive about the outcome of that battle as well.

If you would add her to your prayer list, we would be most grateful and thankful. The Bible says that the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much and that God works everything for the good for those who love Him. As old-fashioned as that may seem to some, we truly believe it.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Prayers for my wife

Post by carlson1 »

baldeagle so sorry to hear about your wife. We will be pray for you, your wife, and your family. Praise the Lord that he took care of one of the cancers and I know He will take care of the rest. He does nothing half way!

Crossfire
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Crossfire »

We absolutely believe in the power of prayer, having witnessed miracles that could not be explained any other way. We will continue to pray for Mrs. Carlson1 and also now for Mrs. BaldEagle.

"And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive." Matthew 21:22
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

hpcatx

Post by hpcatx »

You've got it. Praying for the complete recovery and return to full health of Mrs. Baldeagle.
"We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." - L. McDonald

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds... Great is our Lord, and mighty in power ..." (Psalm 147:3)

We pray for you and yours.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

urnoodle

Post by urnoodle »

I've added her to my prayer list. As hard as it is, try to keep a positive attitude. It really works wonders. I was diagnosed with Leukemia in 2009 later that same year I was diagnosed with another form of cancer. I've been through both chemo and radiation. I have now been in remission for greater than 6 months. God is good and he will be with her and your family through the fight.
U R Noodle
CHL since 1/26/2012 - 41 days mailbox to mailbox

packa45

Post by packa45 »

Thoughts and prayers sent to you and your wife. I can only assume it has been a stressful time for both of you and with my father in law and my mother in law just being recently being given a diagnosis of remission (lymphoma and breast cancer) I can sympathize.
Chl class for me and wife=$225. Chl application fees =$280. Chl gear for 2=more $ the previous. Moving from sheep to sheepdog = priceless

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 2

Post by chasfm11 »

We will be praying for your wife. My wife was down nearly the same path (breast cancer diagnosed first) in the late 90's. With the Lord's help, she has been cancer free since then. We both hope for similar healing for your wife.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Prayers from here as well. Sounds like your wife is a fighter and will do just great batteling this new challenge.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

The good news, is that she is most likely in Stage 1, very treatable. Reactive action on the earnest is the best in such case. I lost my sister at age of 34 because we waited too long to discover hers.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

DocV

Post by DocV »

You wife is in my prayers.

Songbird

Post by Songbird »

I will be praying for you both.
CHL Class 1/13/12
Plastic in hand 2/27/12

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Baldeagle - Prayers for your wife and you.
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
baldeagle
Posts in topic: 6

Post by baldeagle »

Thank you so much. It is beyond encouraging to have so many praying for her. I will keep you posted as we progress through this.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I just saw this thread and you and your wife are on our prayer list also.

Chas.

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”