Major Explosion in the town of West

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

knotquiteawake
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Major Explosion in the town of West

Post by knotquiteawake »

jmra wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
Fixed it. As others said, young ears warning.
The child's panicked "I can't hear, I can't hear anything, get out of here, lets get out of here, I can't hear anything" just rips my heart apart.

That guy is a real idiot. You are filming a FERTILIZER PLANT FIRE! Fertilizer is a key component in bomb making... I hope the child doesn't have any permanent damage to their hearing.

Wodathunkit

Post by Wodathunkit »

knotquiteawake wrote:
jmra wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
Fixed it. As others said, young ears warning.
The child's panicked "I can't hear, I can't hear anything, get out of here, lets get out of here, I can't hear anything" just rips my heart apart.

That guy is a real idiot. You are filming a FERTILIZER PLANT FIRE! Fertilizer is a key component in bomb making... I hope the child doesn't have any permanent damage to their hearing.
Father of the year. :banghead:
"Character is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking" - J.C. watts Jr.
CHL since Jan. 2013
53 days mailbox to mailbox.

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

Just missed by one day, occurring on the 66th anniversary of the Texas City explosion, when the Grandcamp and High Flyer, both loaded with ammonium nitrate, exploded on April 16, 1947.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

fickman

Post by fickman »

Audio from first responders after the explosion: http://m.statesman.com/videos/news/audi ... ion/vyL32/
Native Texian

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

carlson1 wrote:Praying for the families and people involved.
As am I.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

MedicMan218 wrote:
ajwakeboarder wrote:

video of the explosion.
CAUTION, language
Little girl gave me chills
me to she was quit adamant on telling daddy to get her out of there.

my kids live in china springs and the windows rattled.

prayers go out to the families of the lost and injured
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

philip964

Post by philip964 »

My deepest sympathy to the families of those brave first responders who are dead and injured.

The anniversary of the Oklahoma City bombing is tomorrow. An ammonium nitrate bomb was used there also.

I have some history with Ammonia plants. My dad was an engineer, and he was good at plant start up. I lived in Sioux City Iowa for nine months while he helped start up the ammonia plant there in 1966. It blew up in 1994.

http://products.asminternational.org/fa ... trim=false" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My dad said once "there are machines operating just on the edge of being a bomb" He probably included ammonia plants with those machines.

I wish the city fathers of West realized that when they were deciding where to locate their schools, hospital and nursing home.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

philip964 wrote:My deepest sympathy to the families of those brave first responders who are dead and injured.

The anniversary of the Oklahoma City bombing is tomorrow. An ammonium nitrate bomb was used there also.

I have some history with Ammonia plants. My dad was an engineer, and he was good at plant start up. I lived in Sioux City Iowa for nine months while he helped start up the ammonia plant there in 1966. It blew up in 1994.

http://products.asminternational.org/fa ... trim=false" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My dad said once "there are machines operating just on the edge of being a bomb" He probably included ammonia plants with those machines.

I wish the city fathers of West realized that when they were deciding where to locate their schools, hospital and nursing home.
I expect that the results of the pending investigation and resultant fines will destroy this company. With all of the ammonia and ammonium nitrate stored on site they were undoubtedly well above the 10,000 pound of hazardous material inventory threshhold set by OSHA 1910.119 Process Safety Management. I suspect that there is probably some issues with their required RMP worst case scenario document, and if the community had any semblance at all of a Local Emergency Planning Commission the schools and homes would not have been so close to this type of facility.

I smell something very rotten.

When the fire started the area should have been evacuated immediately. The firefighters should not have been near the thing. Any type of emergency preparedness training would have made this event an obvious disaster waiting to happen. There is ample experience with anhydrous ammonia tank fires and ammonium nitrate fires that could have been used to prevent this eevent from taking so many lives. The Texas City Grand Camp event has already been mentioned here.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”