Prayers for a new job

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
RPBrown
Posts in topic: 2

Prayers for a new job

Post by RPBrown »

I normally dont ask for prayers for myself (at least publicly) but this affects my whole family

I found out yesterday that my division will be closed down December 1st and I will be looking for a new job. Seriously considering going into business for myself but don't know if I want the headaches.
Please pray that I find employment either with another company or own my own.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Cshuff21
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Prayers for a new job

Post by Cshuff21 »

Job loss is never a fun subject. Especially when you have a family to support, as I have been there as well and know all the troubles that comes with it. Hopefully you will find something soon and good luck in starting your own business if that is the route you go.
"Suns up...Guns Up" Texas Tech!

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Speaking as someone who has been "downsized" twice, I know it's nerve-wracking times, especially in this tight job market.
If it's any consolation, I've come out better off both times.

I hope you find a great place to land, and wish you peace of mind and spirit during the transition.
RPBrown wrote:Seriously considering going into business for myself but don't know if I want the headaches.
Headaches are minimal, effort is not.

Doing what? :bigear:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

RoyGBiv wrote:Speaking as someone who has been "downsized" twice, I know it's nerve-wracking times, especially in this tight job market.

I hope you find a great place to land, and wish you peace of mind and spirit during the transition.
RPBrown wrote:Seriously considering going into business for myself but don't know if I want the headaches.

A/C and heating. I have been in the business for 42 years (mostly commercial) so it is all I know. I was the commercial division manager so I have been doing everything except payroll anyway, even the headaches.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

RPBrown wrote:
RoyGBiv wrote:Speaking as someone who has been "downsized" twice, I know it's nerve-wracking times, especially in this tight job market.

A/C and heating. I have been in the business for 42 years (mostly commercial) so it is all I know. I was the commercial division manager so I have been doing everything except payroll anyway, even the headaches.
There's a set of skills that'll remain in high demand for a long time to come.
There's great satisfaction in working for yourself. And great incentive. If you can financially handle the startup phase, it sounds like you can handle the work.

Best of luck to you whatever you decide.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

TrackinPat

Post by TrackinPat »

RoyGBiv wrote:
RPBrown wrote:

There's a set of skills that'll remain in high demand for a long time to come.
There's great satisfaction in working for yourself. And great incentive. If you can financially handle the startup phase, it sounds like you can handle the work.

Best of luck to you whatever you decide.
:iagree: :iagree:
Working for yourself could be the way to go! Best wishes to you though!

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Praying for you!

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

I will too. When Texas Foundries sold & closed in Lufkin I was out of the only GOOD job I had to then & on to now.

The Lord did not open an employment door so I just started working.
Kept on preaching. But needed work as a bi-vocational preacher.,
He kept food on the table & bills pd.

I have a cousin that is a preacher too. Here is a true story his sister told @ a family reunion many yrs ago.
All the background that is necessary to understand is that "Cuz" is just lazy. No way around it or nicer way to say it. Cuz is lazy when it comes to WORK. Ministry he is always there when needed, at the office on time, studies, but if there is dirt on it, well read above.

Times were tough. We both had a small country church. Nancy his sister, said we have 2 preachers in the family & God takes care of both of them but in different ways.
When Cuz needs money for a house Pmt God takes care of it. Cuz goes to the mailbox in the afternoon & there is a check there.
When Jerry needs money for a house pmt God takes care of him too. God sends him another job.
Every one laughed except Cuz but he did not say anything.

The only thing I know is w/ your work ethic God will take care of you. He has me.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Be sure that Mary and I will be praying for you my friend.

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Prayers for the right opportunities and the right choices being sent from here.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

RKirkwood

Post by RKirkwood »

Prayer for you and your family. Keep your head up you will do alright.

CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

We've been there. Prayers for you and your family for sure. Network, network, network. File for unemployment. Don't be shy about it. You've paid into this benefit! Best wishes for you! God will lead you to where you are meant to be.
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Prayers for either a new job, or success in your own business.

Chas.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

We wish you well, RB.

We were kinda' hopin' for a little better than a 1.5% increase in our 50 years of SS investments next year.

Good luck!

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”