Prayers Needed

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
chasfm11
Posts in topic: 1

Prayers Needed

Post by chasfm11 »

We don't get to pick when we give up our earthly bodies but some times and circumstances seem easier to handle than others. On Christmas eve, our neighbor's wife came home to find him on the floor after a cerebral hemorrhage. I cannot imagine the strength that she needed to tell her two young children on Christmas Day that their father was not coming home. While good will come to those who receive his organs, I'm sure that sustaining his body while those recipients were found did nothing to help to ease the situation and provide closure for his family.

Some of you on the forum likely knew Will. Even though he was less than 40, he has been an active participant in shooting sports in the DFW area. Unless he somehow allowed it to lapse, he was also a CHL holder and an IDPA participant. I know that he was strong advocate in classes for women at Elm Fork. He was a very likable, energetic guy whom I'm sure had a influence over the many people that he has touched over the years. He was the kind of guy who shaved his head in support of a work colleague who had cancer and was going through chemo.

I ask for your prayers for his family. I'm sure that they have very difficult times ahead.

Charlie
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

WildBill

Re: Prayers Needed

Post by WildBill »

chasfm11 wrote:We don't get to pick when we give up our earthly bodies but some times and circumstances seem easier to handle than others. On Christmas eve, our neighbor's wife came home to find him on the floor after a cerebral hemorrhage. I cannot imagine the strength that she needed to tell her two young children on Christmas Day that their father was not coming home. While good will come to those who receive his organs, I'm sure that sustaining his body while those recipients were found did nothing to help to ease the situation and provide closure for his family.

Some of you on the forum likely knew Will. Even though he was less than 40, he has been an active participant in shooting sports in the DFW area. Unless he somehow allowed it to lapse, he was also a CHL holder and an IDPA participant. I know that he was strong advocate in classes for women at Elm Fork. He was a very likable, energetic guy whom I'm sure had a influence over the many people that he has touched over the years. He was the kind of guy who shaved his head in support of a work colleague who had cancer and was going through chemo.

I ask for your prayers for his family. I'm sure that they have very difficult times ahead.

Charlie
Prayers for the family.
NRA Endowment Member

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

We will be praying for his family and the times ahead of them.

jmra

Post by jmra »

Prayers for the family.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

We'll be praying for this family.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

olafpfj

Post by olafpfj »

That's awful...prayers sent.
"If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law." -Winston Churchill

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Please post a picture. Some may visually recognize him
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Dan20703

Post by Dan20703 »

Prayers said for the family.
There will always be prayer in schools as long as there are tests.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Prayers sent from here.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Prayers sent for comfort of the family in this time of grief and for help getting through the years without a husband and father.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Divided Attention

Post by Divided Attention »

A sad reminder that no matter your age - today could be your last! Hug those close, tell them you love them.

Prayers for this family in what I am sure seems to them their darkest hour. Hopefully, they know the comfort and love of our Heavenly Father.
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; Psalm 144:1-2
CHL - 2010; NRA RSO - 2011, NRA Chief RSO - 2014
NRA Pistol Instructor -2013, NRA Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor - 2015
Lifetime NRA Member - 2013

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

We all need to be thankful for every day we are given for as you stated whe know not the day of out departure.

Prayers for your neighbor & family.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”