Death: The entry into . . .

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Death: The entry into . . .

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Hades will be full of people everyone would call evil, but there will be more people the world called "good people" because they chose poorly. Chose wisely; I want to see all of you in Heaven.

Chas.
Luke 16:19-31 wrote:19 “There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20 At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21 and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’

25 “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’

27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’

29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’

30 “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’

31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Death: The entry into . . .

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Amen, and amen.

Thank you Charles for this stark reminder. It also brings to mind:
Mark 10:17-27
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
The Rich Young Ruler

17 As He was setting out on a journey, a man ran up to Him and knelt before Him, and asked Him, “Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?” 18 And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone. 19 You know the commandments, ‘Do not murder, Do not commit adultery, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Do not defraud, Honor your father and mother.’” 20 And he said to Him, “Teacher, I have kept all these things from my youth up.” 21 Looking at him, Jesus felt a love for him and said to him, “One thing you lack: go and sell all you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.” 22 But at these words [a]he was saddened, and he went away grieving, for he was one who owned much property.

23 And Jesus, looking around, *said to His disciples, “How hard it will be for those who are wealthy to enter the kingdom of God!” 24 The disciples were amazed at His words. But Jesus *answered again and *said to them, “Children, how hard it is to enter the kingdom of God! 25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.” 26 They were even more astonished and said to Him, “Then who can be saved?” 27 Looking at them, Jesus *said, “With people it is impossible, but not with God; for all things are possible with God.”

It wasn't the Rich Young Ruler's wealth would keep him out of heaven, it was that he could not find joy in the Lord apart from having joy in his wealth. If God were to take away his wealth in this life, would he still love God? For the Rich Young Ruler, the answer was "no", and that is why it would be easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter heaven. As Paul said:
Philippians 4:11-13
English Standard Version (ESV)
11 Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. 12 I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. 13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

The Rich Young Ruler was not able to do that. My prayer for each of us is that we would all be able to do that—to be content in Christ, in the face of either abundance or deprivation—so that we may all know each other eternally.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Well, if earthly possessions and wealth are the criteria, we are good to go.

Ed4032
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Ed4032 »

People seem to think that God is an accountant. So if your liabilities are less than your assets your GTG. But it is by his grace only that we will see him.
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

The Annoyed Man

Ed4032 wrote:People seem to think that God is an accountant. So if your liabilities are less than your assets your GTG. But it is by his grace only that we will see him.
Exactly.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

Texas_Blaze

Post by Texas_Blaze »

Eternity. It is the entrance into eternity.

we will either be completely separated from God because we call Him a liar, or...

Acknowledge our sin, turn from it, and call Him savior
then we will be in His presences, where our fears are gone, tears are wiped away, and death is no more.

Easy choice.
Distinguished author of opinions and pro bono self proclaimed internet lawyer providing expert advice on what you should do and believe on all matters of life.

tbrown

Post by tbrown »

Amen. The idolators who think they're saved are in for a big surprise in the next life.
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

The Annoyed Man

tbrown wrote:Amen. The idolators who think they're saved are in for a big surprise in the next life.
Matthew 7:21-23 wrote:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

#TINVOWOOT

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

"In My Seat" is in keeping with the theme of this thread.

[youtube][/youtube]

txcharvel

Post by txcharvel »

Amen

jmra

Post by jmra »

Oldgringo wrote:"In My Seat" is in keeping with the theme of this thread.
Wow. Thanks for sharing.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

What a powerful statement. Thanks so much for posting this link.

Chas.

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

An incredible story with such a powerful message. Thank you for posting that video.

10Shooter

Post by 10Shooter »

Wow, thanks for posting, very powerful, very thought provoking.
NRA Certified Rifle, Pistol & Shotgun Instructor, NRA Certified RSO
NRA Life Member, TSRA Member

Jet Noise, the Sound of Freedom!!

Texas_Blaze

Post by Texas_Blaze »

thanks for the video.
Distinguished author of opinions and pro bono self proclaimed internet lawyer providing expert advice on what you should do and believe on all matters of life.

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”