For my Dad

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

WildBill
Posts in topic: 1

Re: For my Dad

Post by WildBill »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
RPBrown wrote:They wheeled him back a few minutes ago. His last words before going back was that he thinks he may have to put a recoil pad on his deer rifle now. Thats my dad alright
God love him! :lol:

Glad to hear that he is able to get it taken care of. Praying for a speedy recovery.
:iagree: That's a great attitude. It shows that he still has his priorities straight. ;-)
My prayers for a speedy recovery.
NRA Endowment Member

DocV

Post by DocV »

Prayers for your Dad and your family.

strider67

Post by strider67 »

Prayers sent for a rapid healing and recovery. Y'all still have a lot of hunting left to do...!
"When things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plum, mad-dog mean. Cuz' if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win...that's just the way it is." - The Outlaw Josey Wales

Topic author
RPBrown
Posts in topic: 7

Post by RPBrown »

First, thank you all for the prayers. Please continue to pray for healing.

Now an update on dad. He was in surgery for almost 5 hours. When they went in to replace the socket, they found that the ball was also broken as well as the bone supporting the ball was broken in 4 places. They replaced the ball and socket and put in screws to hold the bone together.

When he came out of recovery he was in quite a bit of pain but still had his wit about him. He said he was now the 6 million dollar man (for those that are too young, that was a TV show back in the day). ;-)
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

jmra
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jmra »

Glad they were able to rebuild him. I'm sure he will be better than he was before; better, stronger, faster. :mrgreen: Continued prayers for a short recovery time.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

Praying for quick recovery and that pain subsides quickly.
Ron
NRA Member

CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

jmra wrote:Glad they were able to rebuild him. I'm sure he will be better than he was before; better, stronger, faster. :mrgreen: Continued prayers for a short recovery time.
Love it. Your dad is so great. I pray for quick healing, bless him.
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

Topic author
RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Thank you everyone for the prayers. Dad was released about an hour ago to go home with my sister (she is a nurse).

Now I must ask for prayers for her because he is being insistent that he goes to his home. We have tried to explain that he either goes with her or to a rehab center but he is not happy.
TSRA-Life member

carlson1
Posts in topic: 3

Post by carlson1 »

Mr. Brown your father is at the top of my prayer list.

Songbird

Post by Songbird »

Wow, I hope I have his level of spunk when I get there! I'm glad he came through the surgery ok. Will continue to pray for his healing and for you guys as you deal with that "spunk"!
CHL Class 1/13/12
Plastic in hand 2/27/12

Topic author
RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Again, thank you for the prayers

Update on dad.
He is back at the hospital this morning. He got out of bed by himself to go to the bathroom (didnt want to wake my sister who was sleeping on a cot in his room) and fell in the bathroom. Split his head open and pulled out some stitches (or staples) in his shoulder.

For those that talk about his spunk, when my mom passed away 4 years ago, he decided to get him a motorcycle so he could ride with me. Finally convinced him that if he was going to do it, to get a trike. Well he did just that, then a couple of months later he calls and tells me he has made reservations for all of us to go to Sturgis the next year. So, in 02 we made the trip to Sturgis because we couldn't talk him out of it. All was well and we all had a great time and wonderful memories for a lifetime.

Move ahead 2 more years we have had to take his keys to his truck away, I moved the trike to my house and now we don't know how to deal with his stubborn independence to keep him from hurting himself further. I don't think a nursing home is the answer because they don't keep as close of an eye on them as my sister does.

Please continue to pray for his healing and some wisdom for us to make the right decisions.
TSRA-Life member

carlson1
Posts in topic: 3

Post by carlson1 »

I am so sorry to hear about his set backs. More prayers for your dad.

Topic author
RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Update on Dad.
He went thru the second surgery yesterday okay. Had 19 stitches in his head and reset the shoulder along with 30 stitches replaced there. He has been a bit more conservative in his actions today. I think he may have realized that if he didn't let someone help him get up it would happen again.

My sister and I have decided that it would be best to have him go to a rehab facility. We found a nice one that Baylor has and he is to be transferred tonight. To our dismay, he even agreed to it. We explained that it was short term and only until he could get around by himself.

Thank you all for the continued prayers.
TSRA-Life member

FL450

Post by FL450 »

Our prayers go out to him, My dad is the same way. He still wanted to climb on the roof last week.
Its hard to stop them without taking their will away.
I love the sound smell of jet fuel in the morning.
Fat thumbs + IPhone = errors, please forgive.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Prayers sent for speedy recovery and the right recoil pad.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”