The Annoyed Woman

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

kragluver
Posts in topic: 1

Re: The Annoyed Woman

Post by kragluver »

Prayers sent.

The Krag rifle is the Swiss watch of MILSURPS.
NRA Member
TSRA Member

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 5

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Thanks everyone for your prayers, and my wife thanks you all too.

There's not too much to report by way of update. The opthamologist confirmed that it is not ocular shingles, but she does have a lesion dangerously close to the inner corner of her eye. She has lesions on her forehead, and into her hairline, and the skin around her eye is patchy red and swollen. She's getting "nerve pain" along the path of the opthalmic branch of the trigeminal nerve which hurts worst right in front of her ear. The lymph node right in front of her ear on that side is swollen and sore. She hasn't seen any actual blisters yet, but she's beginning to see tiny white dots on the lesions which might become blisters. This sucks.

She's been given an oral form of Acyclovir and an oral antibiotic, and she has pain control (prescribed for something else). She is resting more or less comfortably, with an occasional zinger that shoots down that facial nerve into her ear.

I distracted her with a shiny new iPad with a red case. I'm spoiling her rotten right now, but she spoils me whenever I'm ailing, so it comes back in spades......besides, I'm kind of fond of her.

Oldgringo, we read that anxiety/stress over something can cause shingles to pop up, but we couldn't figure out a source of it, and my wife doesn't remember feeling particularly stressed over any one thing in particular.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Oldgringo »

TAM wrote:
Oldgringo, we read that anxiety/stress over something can cause shingles to pop up, but we couldn't figure out a source of it, and my wife doesn't remember feeling particularly stressed over any one thing in particular.
I wasn't aware of any anxiety when I had that outbreak. Perhaps it was coincidence that I was having a knee replacement that day? Hopefully, TAW's outbreak will pass shortly. Good luck and God bless.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Praying to her today too. They are terribly painful & especially when getting in the eyes.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

Well, after having had a rough morning, she started improving this afternoon. She still gets an occasional ZOWIE that zaps the nerve by her ear, and her face is still swollen and a swollen and tender gland right by her ear, below the cheekbone, but she just now told me that she is much better, and she is very grateful for everyone's prayers. So am I. You guys are the best.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

jmra

Post by jmra »

Great news. Prayers for continued improvement.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Wonderful news. More prayers for continued and complete recovery.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

Things continue to improve. I expect that the worst of the lesions will begin to disappear by the end of this week. All in all, this could have been a lot worse than it was.

God is good. So are her doctors.

#TINVOWOOT

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Praise the Lord! I am so happy she did not have a LONG miserable case.

I have learned something from this. We have set an appointment with the doctor to get the vaccinations. I have enough ailments.

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 3

Post by SewTexas »

:cheers2:
yes! this could have been longer and worse! God is good! and so are the prayers of His People!
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Glad to hear she's improving. Praise to the Almighty.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”