The Annoyed Woman

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 5

The Annoyed Woman

Post by The Annoyed Man »

She is very annoyed. She woke up in the middle of the night Thursday night with pain and itching around her right eye. Saw a doctor for it this morning..........she's got shingles. We're on our way to see an ophthalmologist down in Fort Worth for an emergency appointment to make sure that her eyeball is safe, but in the meantime it appears to be spreading up into her hairline and her forehead, and it is getting more painful.

We were having about 8 friends over for dinner tonight and have had to call everyone and cancel it because we don't want to spread this to anyone else. This isn't the end of the world, but it is a real drag, and my wife is in some pain and worried about it getting worse.

Your prayers are appreciated.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

RJGold
Posts in topic: 1

Re: The Annoyed Woman

Post by RJGold »

Amen...
Lo que no puede cambiar, tu que debe aguantar.
Take Care.
RJ

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

We had 2 cases (that I know of personally, maybe more) of teenagers being diagnosed with shingles here a few weeks ago. The way I understood it, it wasn't possible for young kids to get shingles. If they were exposed to the virus they would get chicken pox....

I was pretty :confused5 :confused5 , but their parents assured me their doctors diagnosed as shingles.

I've got a scrip for a vaccination on my desk... I should get on with getting vaccinated...

I hope Annoyed Wife recovers quickly and with no residual issues. Prayers sent.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 5

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Roy, Shingles comes from the same virus that causes Chicken Pox. If you have had Chicken Pox before, you are immune to further attacks of Chicken Pox, but you might get Shingles in the future. If you've never had Chicken Pox, then exposure to Shingles exposes you to the virus that causes Chicken Pox, and you will likely get Chicken Pox.

For exposure to Shingles to cause contagion, the new host has to actually come in contact with the fluid draining from the tiny blisters that Shingles forms. It is not airborne.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

TomV
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TomV »

If you have had chicken pox then you can develop shingles. It's the same virus just reactivated.

If you have not had chicken pox, you need to get vaccinated. The virus is only communicable to someone who has not had it before.

TAM I hope your wife feels better soon.
http://www.3atatraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ed4032

Post by Ed4032 »

My wife got that a few years ago. Went to the doctor and he confirmed it was shingles..... or poison ivy. Turned out it was poison ivy. Found the vine in our back yard. Had to go to a dermatologist to get it cleared. She is highly allergic to the stuff, but had never had it before.
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

Praying...
Ron
NRA Member

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Prayers sent for TAW for healing and TAM for patience as well.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

TAM, shingles is a horrible disease. I pray Mrs. TAM (or should I say TAW?) gets well quickly and doesn't suffer the worst effects of it.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Selina Kyle

Post by Selina Kyle »

Yikes! I'm so sorry to hear this. Prayers for TAW.
"His fist is big, but my gun's bigger. He'll find out when I pull the trigger!"
Ruger LCP
NRA Member

DocV

Post by DocV »

Prayers up for TAW.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

She's in our prayers also. One of the very few times I've voluntarily let someone stick a needle in me was for a shingles vaccine about two years ago. If you knew how I HATE needles then you'd better appreciate how much I don't want shingles.

Chas.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:She's in our prayers also. One of the very few times I've voluntarily let someone stick a needle in me was for a shingles vaccine about two years ago. If you knew how I HATE needles then you'd better appreciate how much I don't want shingles.

Chas.
My prayers for TAW also. Years ago a friend had shingles and it wasn't pleasant. I may go down to my local Walgreens tomorrow and get stuck.
NRA Endowment Member

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 3

Post by SewTexas »

oh dear, I pray her vision is ok. and I pray for her pain and comfort.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by carlson1 »

My wife and I will be praying for her as well as you. Thanks to the "Echo" app you showed me my prayer life has increased and became more consistent. :thumbs2:

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”