Prostate cancer

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

papabear
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Prostate cancer

Post by papabear »

I don't come regular but will pray for you too. I am having my 8 1/2 yr checkup next week. So far undetectable .
May you be as blessed as I am by our Healer.

RonW956

Post by RonW956 »

My uncle too, was a Vietnam vet. Prostate cancer is probably the most easily cured cancer if caught early enough.
My uncle at around age 55 was surprised that during a regular annual checkup that he had prostate cancer, he had it removed and that was 13 yrs ago and he's doing very well, it never came back so the outlook is very very good, regardless prayers sent & get well soon!

philip964
Posts in topic: 3

Post by philip964 »

Glad to hear your doing well. Keep us posted. I'm sure you have gotten used to your little friend strapped to your leg by now. Yeah and if I was only talking about a .45.

Topic author
johncanfield
Posts in topic: 10

Post by johncanfield »

Thank you again everybody for the prayers and kind thoughts! As yes, the bag :waiting: . My little friend will be staying with me for a few more days.
LC9s, M&P 22, 9c, Sig P238-P239-P226-P365XL, 1911 clone

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

Ahh yes, the little bags. While they can be a pain I must admit that, in my case at least, they offered some advantages. My problem was bladder cancer, and the docs fixed that by snatching that rascal right out of me. Living without a bladder would be quite inconvenient. Fortunately for me, medicine has progressed to the point that they were able to make a new one for me using part of my small intestine.
For about 5 weeks while we were waiting on everything to heal, I had an urostomy bag attached to my side. Additionally I had a foley catheter to remove anything that made it around the shunts to my shinny new store bought bladder. The urostomy bag had a valve with a tube connection at the bottom. I ran tubes from it and the catheter to a bag on my lower leg. Of course, there was a drain valve on that bag. I could "relieve" myself by opening that bag and standing there nonchalantly. I didn't have to find a tree to stand behind, because nothing was exposed. Unless somebody was standing right on top of me, they'd never know what was going on.
Before the surgery I couldn't take a car trip of more than an hour without a bathroom stop. And forget sitting all the way through a movie. Now all I needed was to make sure I was using a big enough bag, and I could sit through the longest movie while sucking the the straw of the biggest super sized drink the theater sold.
If I had to live with the bad, I was darn sure going to get all the mileage I could out of the good.

bulinm

Post by bulinm »

Sorry to hear this.

Prayers up for a successful outcome. We'll be thinkin' of
you. Pease keep us posted.

A Cancer survivor.
Dallas

What's a dazzling urbanite like you doin' in a rustic setting like this ?

Topic author
johncanfield

Post by johncanfield »

Big guy - it is amazing how far medicine has advanced, you had the bags! I will admit it's nice to not have to get up in the middle of the night.

Dallas - thank you sir. :tiphat:

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

John,

Sounds like you've got a good attitude. That will carry you a long way. I'm glad to see you doing so well.

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

Just caught this
SUPER glad your surgery went well and your on your way to healing up.

prayers will be sent..
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Roscoe

Post by Roscoe »

Yes sir!! Prayers on the way!!!!

Topic author
johncanfield

Post by johncanfield »

Thanks ya'll! Getting stronger every day, it's wonderful to be on the other side of this. Next milestone will be the path report and PSA test.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

BigGuy wrote:I ran tubes from it and the catheter to a bag on my lower leg. Of course, there was a drain valve on that bag. I could "relieve" myself by opening that bag and standing there nonchalantly. I didn't have to find a tree to stand behind, because nothing was exposed. Unless somebody was standing right on top of me, they'd never know what was going on.
Before the surgery I couldn't take a car trip of more than an hour without a bathroom stop. And forget sitting all the way through a movie. Now all I needed was to make sure I was using a big enough bag, and I could sit through the longest movie while sucking the the straw of the biggest super sized drink the theater sold.
If I had to live with the bad, I was darn sure going to get all the mileage I could out of the good.
You must have been the guy I saw, stuck in traffic, with a big grin on his face. "rlol" "rlol"
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”