Collapsed Ear Drum

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 4

Collapsed Ear Drum

Post by carlson1 »

I just came from the doctor again. I have been having severe ear aches and especially in the right ear. Today I found out the eardrum on the right side has collapsed.

I will be seeing an ENT doctor hopefully next week. Please pray all goes well. I have enough issues without not being able to hear.

joe817
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Collapsed Ear Drum

Post by joe817 »

Prayers sent your way Carl. May your ears be healed by the healing hands of the doctors guided by our Lord. Amen.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

carlson1 wrote:I just came from the doctor again. I have been having severe ear aches and especially in the right ear. Today I found out the eardrum on the right side has collapsed.

I will be seeing an ENT doctor hopefully next week. Please pray all goes well. I have enough issues without not being able to hear.
I don't know if you are in DFW or not but Doctor Robert Owens did both of my sons surgeries and I can't recommend him enough. We found him after my sons first surgery for perforated ear drum failed. My son had tubes in both ears but they never healed right. All he does is ears. The first failed surgery we went through was an ENT doctor. I know its a different surgery but sometimes it's good to get a second opinion.

http://www.owensearcenter.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

My prayers for you Carl.
NRA Endowment Member

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPBrown »

Prayers for healing sent for you my friend
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

PBR

Post by PBR »

ouch -- hope all goes well and heals okay -- i hate ear aches bad -- them and tooth aches are some of the worst
Houston, Tx.
DPS Received - Jan. 26th
Received Pin# - Feb. 25th
IN HAND!!!!!! June 9th

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

Here's hoping for a successful recovery, Carl.

BTW, I remember when you were trialing the pump for your back - did you go ahead with that device? If so, how's it working for you?
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

n5wd wrote:Here's hoping for a successful recovery, Carl.

BTW, I remember when you were trialing the pump for your back - did you go ahead with that device? If so, how's it working for you?
No! After about five unsecessful attempts I figured God was getting tired of me not listening the first time. They have tweaked the medicine enough that I have a little better quality of life than I had.

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

carlson1 wrote:
n5wd wrote:Here's hoping for a successful recovery, Carl.

No! After about five unsecessful attempts I figured God was getting tired of me not listening the first time. They have tweaked the medicine enough that I have a little better quality of life than I had.
Oh, goodness! That must have been frustrating for you, then. sorry to hear that it didn't work for you... In discussing possible future scenarios, my doc makes it sound like it's a no-sweat, almost forgone conclusion that if you go that way, it always works. Of course, I'm not signing the procedure paperwork, so everything up to then is always subject to change or modification.

I'll PM you about something else you might want to explore if it hasn't already happened.

Again, though, (in Yoda's voice); Hoping for the best outcome with your eardrum, we are!
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

aaangel

Post by aaangel »

carl, here's what i got from docs.net and i.... "It is quite normal for adults and children to experience these symptoms for a few weeks after a cough or a cold.
Unpleasant though this is, it is extremely common, and it will clear up spontaneously without requiring treatment."

hope everything goes well with your ENT!
'got to Texas ASAIC.

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

aaangel wrote:carl, here's what i got from docs.net and i.... "It is quite normal for adults and children to experience these symptoms for a few weeks after a cough or a cold.
Unpleasant though this is, it is extremely common, and it will clear up spontaneously without requiring treatment."

hope everything goes well with your ENT!
This would be fantastic. I am praying that way. I know my ear has hurt and has been ringing for a couple of weeks now.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

Carl, I'm praying for you. I know that ear problems are the last thing you need now.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Ouch! You're in our prayers Carl.

Chas.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Prayers from us, too, Carl.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Additional prayers for you my friend!!
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”