Health Need: Constant migraine headaches

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

PBR
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Health Need: Constant migraine headaches

Post by PBR »

I hope she finds some form of relief. I very rarely ever got any headaches for 35 yrs or so but since last 8 to 10 yrs since had a major accident I get bad headaches / migraines. So bad that I cannot focus on anything or hardly even open my eyes when having one. I have spoke with my doctor and he prescribed pain medications but I have never filled them or taken them. I hate taking pills especially anything like pain pills or anything that can become addicting cause of past experience of becoming addicted to prescription medicine. I feel mine is more tension or nerve issues from the wreck cause I still have no feeling on 80% or so of my body, mainly legs and arms. I cut myself or get bad scratches and dont even notice or know till someone tells me or I happen to see blood. I sure hope she finds something to help her, I can only imagine having those issues being that young and having college to try and focus on. As RPBrown mentioned on acupuncture, many have told me and mentioned great success having it done but I have never tried it.
Houston, Tx.
DPS Received - Jan. 26th
Received Pin# - Feb. 25th
IN HAND!!!!!! June 9th

BobCat
Posts in topic: 2

Post by BobCat »

Jumping Frog wrote:Personally, I believe it is related to eating grains and sugar. There are now thousands of published medical studies relating to the effects of grains and sugar on the metabolism, gut bacteria, and the affect on numerous brain-related disorders including migraines.

It is literally as simple as changing your diet. My wife had between 10-15 migraines per month for decades. She changed how she ate and they all went away.

Three books are of interest and on point (of the dozens I have read on this subject):

Brain Maker: The Power of Gut Microbes to Heal and Protect Your Brain–for Life, by David Perlmutter, MD
The Autoimmune Solution: Prevent and Reverse the Full Spectrum of Inflammatory Symptoms and Diseases, by Amy Myers, MD
The Wahls Protocol: How I Beat Progressive MS Using Paleo Principles and Functional Medicine, by Terry Wahls, MD.

If someone wants to discuss, send me a PM and we can talk on the phone.

-Bob K
---Bob K - Wow are you ever right!

What I failed to mention is that one of the steps the doc told me to take was to keep a log of when I got the headaches - date, time, what I'd eaten or had to drink, whether it was hot and humid or what - anything to find a pattern or trigger.

For some, coffee or chocolate are triggers. Luckily for me neither of these was a trigger for me, in fact a hot cup of strong black coffee could sometimes help the pain a little.

One of the things that emerged was that for me, alcohol was a trigger. I haven't had a drink - even one beer - since 2006 and have had exactly one round of headaches since 2006. I'd had them, on and off, since 1976. I'd love a cold beer, or a little glass of single-malt scotch, but to be headache-free I'd give up just about anything.

The Wall - you may be right about breathing versus welding oxygen, but I filled my prescription at the welding shop and they told me they filled the little E-size medical oxygen tank from the same bulk tanks as they filled the welding tanks from - both were 99.99-something% (not sure how many nines) pure oxygen. But this is worth checking out, and it would probably not be a good idea to take the welding torch, turn on oxy and not acetylene, and breath it... although that is exactly what I did, many years ago, to try it out.
Retractable claws; the *original* concealed carry

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I started getting migraines a few years ago.

Then it was discovered that I an incorrect eye glass prescription.

Once that was corrected, my migraines went away and have stayed away.

So, if she's an eyeglass wearer, perhaps she should have her lens prescription checked.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Thanks for all of the information and the prayers folks.

Chas.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Prayers sent.

Medical oxygen is a drug and requires a prescription welding oxygen is a different grade and is not meant for breathing.

Charles, I used to have chronic migraines until I was diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea and placed on a Constant Positive Air Pressure machine.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

WhiteLightning

Post by WhiteLightning »

Prayers sent.

When I had Migraines, I finally went to a Neurologist. He said I needed to break the cycle. He gave me one Rx that made my legs cramp and I couldn't walk. A phone call got a new Rx and the migraines went away. A while later the Rx was no longer needed.The cycle was broken. Been free ever since. :anamatedbanana

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

My sister has suffered from migraines for many years.
I offer my prayers for healing.
I also appreciate the suggestions given by other migraine patients and pray that one of them may help her condition.
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”