Pray for our church

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Richbirdhunter
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Pray for our church

Post by Richbirdhunter »

Church Sunday in the parking lot with a pot luck to follow. Put the tailgates down on the trucks to use them as serving tables have everyone bring chairs, Gods word will be preached from your mouth this Sunday on your church grounds!!
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

NotRPB
Posts in topic: 1

Post by NotRPB »

Prayers sent

In Lavernia (Near San Antonio) a historic church Pastored by a freind of mine who lives in Jarrell, and he also pastors in a historic church in Valley Springs (Near Llano) burned, and was rebuilt.
http://www.lavernianews.com/article.php ... hape-again" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.google.com/search?q=Laverni ... 8&oe=utf-8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Funny that a few years ago a relative studying a Church's history at an OLD church in Littlefield Texas, there was a note in Church Minutes that that church was almost disbanded over disharmony over buying insurance because some thought it showed a lack of faith HA HA.

Some churches I visit I recall having tabernacles to meet under and the ladies with cardboard fans. The people are the church, the building, but and the air conditioning are great to have.
Last edited by NotRPB on Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Countryside
Banned

Post by Countryside »

While the burning of a structure can be upsetting, I rejoice no one was hurt or injured. Your building will be repaired, but you and your congregation are the church, and you're okay. Hang in there...the Lord may use this event to do some great things.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Prayers for you and for church
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

Where will you be preaching at today? I woke up with you and your church on my heart. Still praying for all.
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 6

Post by carlson1 »

I would like to thank everyone for their prayers. Please continue to pray as we have a long way to go to get back to just having a structured Sunday School again.
Richbirdhunter wrote:Where will you be preaching at today? I woke up with you and your church on my heart. Still praying for all.
God blessed. For those that live in Irving you know that the City can sometimes be hard to deal with. God sent us a Christian Inspector. :clapping: He told us if we could cut the power to the educational building and build a wall separating the two buildings we could use our auditorium.

We hired a restoration and construction company for emergency services. They capped of the electricity to the building that burned. Then they built a wall to separate the buildings. All of this was done through Friday evening and Friday night. On Saturday morning the Inspector came out (which is a miracle) and he gave us permission to use the auditorium.

The auditorium was not damaged by fire, but had a lot of smoke damage. The restoration company then begin to clean from top to bottom. Every light bulb, every song book, every blind, etc. . . A lot of people and a lot hours. They put in two 5 ton free standing A/C units because all of the A/C's were lost in the fire.

The auditorium still does not smell smoke free, but it is so much better than it was. So we have our lights, sound equipment, pulpit, A/C, etc. . . and we are going to be able to use our auditorium. Our Sunday School will all meet in the Auditorium and then we will have a break between about 10:40 and 11:00 and begin church.

I am very thankful that the Lord is still in charge and leading because I would make such a mess of things. I am preaching Matthew 12:14-20 focusing on verse 20, ". . . smoking flax shall he not quench, . . ." The title of the sermon is, "Where There Is Smoke There Can Be Fire." The basis of even though we sometimes want to quit or give up God is never finished. As long as there is smoke there can be fire again!

Sorry for being so long just to answer a short question. It is the preacher in me. :biggrinjester:

Thanks again for all of your prayers as they are coveted.

Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

carlson1 wrote:I would like to thank everyone for their prayers. Please continue to pray as we have a long way to go to get back to just having a structured Sunday School again.
Richbirdhunter wrote:Where will you be preaching at today? I woke up with you and your church on my heart. Still praying for all.
God blessed. For those that live in Irving you know that the City can sometimes be hard to deal with. God sent us a Christian Inspector. :clapping: He told us if we could cut the power to the educational building and build a wall separating the two buildings we could use our auditorium.

We hired a restoration and construction company for emergency services. They capped of the electricity to the building that burned. Then they built a wall to separate the buildings. All of this was done through Friday evening and Friday night. On Saturday morning the Inspector came out (which is a miracle) and he gave us permission to use the auditorium.

The auditorium was not damaged by fire, but had a lot of smoke damage. The restoration company then begin to clean from top to bottom. Every light bulb, every song book, every blind, etc. . . A lot of people and a lot hours. They put in two 5 ton free standing A/C units because all of the A/C's were lost in the fire.

The auditorium still does not smell smoke free, but it is so much better than it was. So we have our lights, sound equipment, pulpit, A/C, etc. . . and we are going to be able to use our auditorium. Our Sunday School will all meet in the Auditorium and then we will have a break between about 10:40 and 11:00 and begin church.

I am very thankful that the Lord is still in charge and leading because I would make such a mess of things. I am preaching Matthew 12:14-20 focusing on verse 20, ". . . smoking flax shall he not quench, . . ." The title of the sermon is, "Where There Is Smoke There Can Be Fire." The basis of even though we sometimes want to quit or give up God is never finished. As long as there is smoke there can be fire again!

Sorry for being so long just to answer a short question. It is the preacher in me. :biggrinjester:

Thanks again for all of your prayers as they are coveted.
God is good! I new you would preach on the church property!! I am grateful for your drive to take care of your flock.

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

Hope things went well this morning. We will continue to pray for your rebuilding efforts. Let us know if there is anything you need.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

ShootDontTalk

Post by ShootDontTalk »

I know that this is true:
28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Romans 8

I pastored a very small church that could not afford a salary for a pastor for 10 years. Before I came, their building burned to the foundation because of a gas leak. The pastor at the time preached that first Sunday after the fire from the parking lot. He preached on this passage:
6 In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, 7 so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 1
I wish I had a copy of his outline.

Our prayers are with you and the congregation, my brother.
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!
Eli Wallach on concealed carry while taking a bubble bath

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Met with City Inspectors, a second Insurance Adjuster, and a Contractor this week.

They assigned a new Adjuster because we have more than $300,000.00 in damage.

We have 10 microphones and only the pulpit microphone works. We have no fellowship hall, Sunday School rooms, or nurseries. They did set up free standing A/C units that work okay, but they are sure hard to preach over. It is like preaching in a jet airplane hanger full of babies.

The Contractor says we are looking around 160-180 days from start to finish. We are waiting on the insurance company to respond. We have a $2,500.00 deductible plus the second insurance installment is due in three weeks.

All of this is exciting for me because I can't wait to see how God works it out. Your prayers are still coveted.

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Carlson, I just saw this and am so sorry that another major trial has come your way.

The good news is that your faith is strong and our God is all powerful.

He will not leave you alone, and this too shall pass.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

Prayers sent for your church.
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Thank You.

They started the re-construction two weeks ago. We are still praying for the funds to come in, but we stepped out on faith praying it does.

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”