Texas State IDPA Championship September 4, 2011

IDPA, IPSC, ICORE & More!

Moderator: carlson1

canvasbck
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Texas State IDPA Championship September 4, 2011

Post by canvasbck »

I haven't seen them online anywhere. I know that the IDPA HQ was closed today, so maybe tomorrow, either on the IDPA website or on Thunder Tactical Shooter's website.
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

extremist
Posts in topic: 1

Post by extremist »

Match staff withstanding (they all did a great job despite the conditions), it was NOT a fun match and I did not really have a fun time like you should at a shooting match :roll:

It was a miserable day, like shooting in a hot sand blaster box. It was an excruciating long match that ran from 8:30am to 5:30pm shooting, and then the results/awards/drawing ran until almost 8:00pm. Long, hot, dusty, dirty day. Extra sunscreen was not needed because you had a layer of dust on you by 9:30 ;-)

The BBQ Lunch was good, and the people were good. Only good thing about the match.

Results are here: http://www.tts-idpa.net/images/Match_Re ... e-2011.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards,
James
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, USPSA CRO
NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer

Jeff Barriault
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jeff Barriault »

After shooting the match I have a new found appreciation for our young men and women serving in the "sand hole" nations of the world. To think they deal with those conditions daily. And unlike our match, their threat targets shoot back. God bless them!

The stages would have been challenging under perfect conditions. The weather conditions certainly added another level to the whole competition. It was certainly a challenging day, and I actually enjoyed myself. Walking away with the fourth place trophy for SSP/Marksman wasn't so bad either.

sskimber

Post by sskimber »

Jeff Barriault wrote:After shooting the match I have a new found appreciation for our young men and women serving in the "sand hole" nations of the world. To think they deal with those conditions daily. And unlike our match, their threat targets shoot back. God bless them!

The stages would have been challenging under perfect conditions. The weather conditions certainly added another level to the whole competition. It was certainly a challenging day, and I actually enjoyed myself. Walking away with the fourth place trophy for SSP/Marksman wasn't so bad either.

well put Jeff,

the only thing I am disappointed with from the match is my performance.

TLynnHughes

Post by TLynnHughes »

Jeff Barriault wrote:After shooting the match I have a new found appreciation for our young men and women serving in the "sand hole" nations of the world. To think they deal with those conditions daily. And unlike our match, their threat targets shoot back. God bless them!

Congrats, Jeff!!! That's a great finish for what sounds like a very challenging day!!

T.
Women's Program Match Director
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies." -- Annie Oakley

RickyG

Post by RickyG »

Yes, the 2011 Texas State IDPA Championship results are posted on the Thunder Tactical Shooter's club web site on the HOME page (see "scores" just above the Bull): http://www.tts-idpa.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Hopefully, IDPA will post them soon also. TTS had the scores posted on Monday on their web site.

DonP

Post by DonP »

I thought this was a great match with some of the best, most varied, and challenging stages I've seen.
(I helped out on a stage, but I'm not from Houston so not biased about the match!)
I had fun, and like some others said, would have had more fun had I shot better. And I do not like the large gravel. Granted, I shot on Saturday when it was less windy, but I did experience the same environment on Sunday as the shooters.

The match had a large number of props and targets and the staff did an amazing job of adjusting to the wind conditions, working constantly to make things as normal as they could for the shooters. If I or the shooters on Sunday think we were worn out after the match and trophies on Sunday, I cannot even imagine how tired the (entirely volunteer!) staff must have been, especially after breaking down all the stages and putting away the equipment.

Great match and even better people.

Don P

Return to “Competitive Shooting”